• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SAKY_

The video only shows how he faked the first photos. The second wave of leaks looked more realistic. Were these done by another guy? Maybe even 3D-printed?

Or...

...are these photos from the second leak actually real and we are being massively meta-trolled?

KeanuConspiracy.gif

A troll within a troll. Inceptroll?!?!

MogCakes

I was going to post this in the other thread; resolution makes it hard to say for sure, but the top of the nubs looks like it could be a 3D printer in-fill pattern. Either that or the faker was a doofus and printed the nubs vertically

Definitely in-fill.

infill-patterns.png

Neither of those things prove the black photos are fake.
How about the original leaker saying they took his 3D model and 3D printed it? lol

and also come on... use your head. Do you honestly think that these two things happened to be leaked around the same time but the other one totally wasn't capitalising on the first?

Like, why didn't they leak it before hand? Why isn't the screen on, seeing as that is the main feature?

If it's real they've got to be the shittest leaker on the planet.

Orayn

Definitely in-fill.

infill-patterns.png

Evidently it's just an artifact and the second fake was also a render/photo composite based on the first model. I still don't feel wrong in speculating about a physical fake because it's much higher quality than the first!

Gsnap

There are like fifty jillion posts in the other thread. Whoever combs through that whole thing just to shame people has way too much time.

Didn't we just learn to not underestimate the lengths someone will go to to make something happen on the internet.

Simbabbad

I will suck everyone's dick if the NX has no buttons
Even more than the disaligned image on the first model, the idea of Nintendo releasing a controller without a D-pad or buttons was indeed ludicrous, especially after the lack of support for the Wii U's screen. It was absurd. I'm surprised some people 100% believed in this and supported it, it made no sense, in particular for a controller you use to play on a TV.

As for the other pics... I'd guess it's a 3D render too. The tree reflection looks like something you'd make up in a fake image. I mean, how do you even get such a reflection in real life? It's way too small for something that should be higher than the TV stand it's reflecting on.

Why in the world do people still think the black is real but this one is a fake? That doesn't make any sense.

Well, if the original picture was rendered after the picture in the controller patent, or after an actual controller the photoshop dude had seen/access to, one could convince themselves it's still a possibility.

That would mean he got incredibly lucky with the white controller fake he created in regards to the "real" black one. And that Nintendo had already designed, tested, and finalized the controller (or at least its shape and sticks) before they even submitted the patent, I guess.

MrV4ltor

Neither of those things prove the black photos are fake.

They do tho and the first leaker even confirmed that he handed his model over to someone else who printed it. Go waste yout time stanning Iggy instead of coming up with delusional theories about the second thing somehow being real.

HoJu

The second leak is so similar to the first leak, with the holes of the bottom being pretty much the exact same. Doesn't that mean that it is also fake?

EDIT yeah it's fake.

Mr Rivuz

The second leak is so similar to the first leak, with the holes of the bottom being pretty much the exact same. Doesn't that mean that it is also fake?
Only if you're using logic, but that's not what we do here.
Need answers, still real to me.

Dmax3901

It was the second lot of photos that made a lot of people think twice about the original being fake. I mean the Unreal 4 demo made it pretty obvious.

I'm still on the fence until I see those others photos debunked.

EDIT: nvm lol

MaxLevel

Neo Member
Well, it is certainly easier to remove a controller from a photo than making a believable fake photo of the controller.

I'm not yet ruling out the possibility that the original photo is genuine and this here is the real trolling attempt.

MogCakes

Evidently it's just an artifact and the second fake was also a render/photo composite based on the first model. I still don't feel wrong in speculating about a physical fake because it's much higher quality than the first!

He didn't say whether it's a render or physical model, though I'm curious if he distributed the 3D model he created or if the other guy just mimicked his.

I can only imagine what Nintendo employees' opinions of GAF must be right now. lol

That one Treehouse employee that retweeted the "leak" was likely dying of laughter.

PopeReal

Hey I liked it, no shame!

But the people being dicks and talking down to others about how sad it was that they thought it was fake.... plenty of shame.

MrV4ltor

It was the second lot of photos that made a lot of people think twice about the original being fake. I mean the Unreal 4 demo made it pretty obvious.

I'm still on the fence until I see those others photos debunked.

Logic is a thing, you know. What are the chances of the second leak being real when it looked exactly like the first one and the leaker of the first one already confirmed that it was made by some guy using his model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom