• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dascu

Cheers mate.

I just guessed that if you weren't a lobbyist for big corporate you would have said so yourself.

I hope you get to save the Sumatran Orangutan from extinction.

I work for an industry association. I wear a suit and I generally have meetings to discuss policy on technology regulation. I feel pretty good about my job in the sense that my positions are based on facts and that lobbying is a friendly dialogue between the regulators and those that are regulated. I'm not working for an association that is hated by Greenpeace or something (note that Greenpeace et al. also fall under the banner of lobbyists).

A more general question from my side on this entire debate is: How to 'drain the swamp'? Do your restrict lobbying only from industry? And if so, which industries? Which companies and citizens are allowed to have meetings or send emails and documents to politicians and regulators? You'd be effectly deciding who can participate in the democratic procress and who can't.

oti

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MÉLENCHON TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

and then lose in the second round against Macron

Mimosa97

I work for an industry association. I wear a suit and I generally have meetings to discuss policy on technology regulation. I feel pretty good about my job in the sense that my positions are based on facts and that lobbying is a friendly dialogue between the regulators and those that are regulated. I'm not working for an association that is hated by Greenpeace or something (note that Greenpeace et al. also fall under the banner of lobbyists).

Well let's just hope Marine Le Pen doesn't win so you get to keep your job :D

Thank you for giving a detailed answer about your job. Appreciate it. Sorry it it came out as insulting (well I know it did but it's the stress talking sorry).

My little voting story:

I live in Montreal, with my wife who's also French, and we have a 3yo boy. We were in holiday in Florida this last week, but made sure to take a plane landing at 2PM yesterday to be able to vote.

First, the plane was an hour late, still, we can do this.
Second, massive queue at the Canadian border in the airport, we got out at around 4PM.
Third, traffic jump on the way, we made it home just before 5PM.
We then rushed out with the kid after like 10 mins - who was already in a very bad mood as you can expect :)
We take the metro, and arrive at 5.50PM in front of the Collège Stanislas, the only place where French expat can vote in Montreal and around, for a 80k registered voters.
The crowd is stupid crazy big, there is a 'special line for family with young kids, which will take 2hrs and half (the kid was shouting AVANCE! stuck in his stroller not moving during the last 30 mins, but the crowd was laughing, good spirit :D).

We voted at 20.40, even if it was supposed to close at 8, we were exhausted but proud :)

And of course,
go macron!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MÉLENCHON TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

and then lose in the second round against Macron
Had I known, I'd have voted Mélenchon instead of Macron, just to get rid of her.

Moppeh

Banned
My little voting story:

I live in Montreal, with my wife who's also French, and we have a 3yo boy. We were in holiday in Florida this last week, but made sure to take a plane landing at 2PM yesterday to be able to vote.

First, the plane was an hour late, still, we can do this.
Second, massive queue at the Canadian border in the airport, we got out at around 4PM.
Third, traffic jump on the way, we made it home just before 5PM.
We then rushed out with the kid after like 10 mins - who was already in a very bad mood as you can expect :)
We take the metro, and arrive at 5.50PM in front of the Collège Stanislas, the only place where French expat can vote in Montreal and around, for a 80k registered voters.
The crowd is stupid crazy big, there is a 'special line for family with young kids, which will take 2hrs and half (the kid was shouting AVANCE! stuck in his stroller not moving during the last 30 mins, but the crowd was laughing, good spirit :D).

We voted at 20.40, even if it was supposed to close at 8, we were exhausted but proud :)

And of course,
go macron!

Good for you. It's always great to see people passionate about voting.

Those lines in Montreal were insane. Are they always like that or was there an influx this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom