• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Event is live on PC/PS4/XB1 (4P co-op Brawl, new cosmetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Haha what the hell are you on about?

Any item rarity in any video game is artificial. If the developers want to attribute a certain amount of rarity on an item they are well within their rights to do so.

They have listened to complaints about the Summer Games and reacted accordingly, I mean no one expected them to even budge on the initial system.

I can't believe people are still fucking complaining.

They could never be pleased to start with, which is why they were always best to just ignore. Compromise isn't a real concept for some people and Overeatch runs strictly on air, not time and money.

on topic of skins, I do wish blizzard release more standard skin. I've gotten pretty much all i want from the standard set of skins so I loot box outside of events are not exciting anymore

Yeah, I'd be fine with these more 'rare' skins if we had a bigger pool in the first place.

Glad we have the option to use coins now. That's great.

Already spent 100 Bucks on boxes.

whew.png

Ban Puncher

Bought 50 pumpkins and using my accumulated in-game currency I got all the event skins, emotes and highlight intros as well as most of the victory poses, voices and sprays.

Still got some coins left so will mop up on the rest of the Halloween items towards the end of the month.

Beartruck

Crossposting with another halloween thread, but can anyone tell me how many credits Ana's costume is? Looks like a purple more than a gold item.

duckroll

Oh are cooldowns and special moves and levels adjusted based on the differences in play styles and in competitive? I thought it was just the same modes on the same maps with the same characters only you don't have to play an entire round out. Yes, I like playing competitive. It's fun. Do I give Blizzard credit on a checklist for something that is expected of the game they released? No.

Competitive is different from Quick Play because it is an actual competition between two teams. Quick Play is fun, but it never really feels like you completely win on any mode other than KotH because your victory or less is isolated into either Attack or Defense. That's something really appreciate in Comp, where not only do you play both sides, but things like distance and time taken actually matter and factor into the scoring.

Ultimately I think it's less about "giving credit" rather than appreciating that everything takes effort. There's a ton of effort going into Overwatch, and we see that in terms of both content, balance, and their response to feedback. There's something substantially new every month, and when players have genuine concerns about certain things, they take it seriously and try to address the issues as best they can. Are these things what we should expect from a good company? Sure. But is it something we should take for granted when they are actually executed surprisingly well? Hell no.

Wanderer5

Aw guess it was too good to be true with the coin thing.:/ Still looking forward to checking out the brawl starting later today through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom