• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Year of the Rooster Event is live (Jan 24th - Feb 13), has CTF Brawl

cuilan

Just bought 10 lootboxes and I ended up with Mei's LNY skin and not D.Va's... :(

At least I'm 700 credits away from being able to buy it. Hopefully I can get enough before the event ends if it doesn't drop, otherwise I might be tempted to buy another 10 lootboxes.

kuYuri

My last box gave me Mei's Chang'e skin!

JBWeuMN.jpg

3 legendaries in boxes and 3 epics purchased with credits, I'm satisfied now.

EDIT: Correction, 5 epics, forgot about Junkrats and Ana, which I got in boxes.

Rocketz

Well I had to end up using coins on Roadhog and Tracer. Really bad drops for me this event. I really want Hogs highlight intro but I want to save the coins.

I walk away skins wise with:
Mei (white)
Symmetra
Mercy
Zenyatta
Roadhog
Tracer

Highlight intro:
Mercy
Tracer

Nothing really else to note. 3 duplicate legandaries during the event as well.

Yup, Blizzard definitely decreased the chances of getting epic and legendary event related items this time around. I leveled up 50 times and bought 10 boxes and only got 3 items epic or higher for year of the rooster. But I got 15+ legendary and epic normal items. They want people to play more and buy more.

I've actually done well this event. I've not bought lootboxes and I've got:
Skins:
Zenyatta, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Tracer, Mei ( Luna), Ana

Highlights:
Mercy, Roadhog, Tracer

And most if not all of the victory poses and emotes.

I finally got into this game after buying it at $30 on Black Friday!

All I can say is damn, why didn't I play this game sooner? I enjoy Soldier 76 the best (noob friendly character I know, but he's the most enjoyable for me).

Didn't enjoy the event a lot, most of the time the match ended with ties or with complete stomps.

Well at least I got away with a couple of the sets I wanted without buying any loot boxes :

Reinhardt, Winston, Mercy, Tracer, Symetra, Mei, and a bunch of victory poses. All in all I'm glad the RNGODS were generous to me.

Nephtes

Yup, Blizzard definitely decreased the chances of getting epic and legendary event related items this time around. I leveled up 50 times and bought 10 boxes and only got 3 items epic or higher for year of the rooster. But I got 15+ legendary and epic normal items. They want people to play more and buy more.

Really?
I've gotten a ton of legendary stuff from the Year of the Rooster loot boxes... including Mei's legendary skin and that Tracer intro animation twice...

No D.Va skin though, which is the only thing I really wanted. :C

Spy

I don't think so. Every single event I've never gotten much. In about 20 loot boxes (from leveling) I have gotten the Tracer, Junkrat, Symmetra, Winston, Roadhog, D.Va and Mei event skins. Too bad the only ones I like is the Tracer and Roadhog skin.

Naarmight

Used coins for the Roadhog skin, it was the only one I really wanted. If I had more coins I would have been stuck between buying either Roadhog / Mercy highlight intro or the Tracer skin.

As for drops, I got both Mei Skins, Zenyatta, Reinhart, Symmetra and Bastion (Bastion with a Rooster, I am glad I got that) and the Tracer highlight Intro. So pretty happy with my total haul.

Lijik

Managed to get all of the event skins this go around between coins/lootboxes
Drops were super bad for me all event (I never want to see Ana's victory pose ever again) until last night when i was just raking legendaries

Briarios

I finally got into this game after buying it at $30 on Black Friday!

All I can say is damn, why didn't I play this game sooner? I enjoy Soldier 76 the best (noob friendly character I know, but he's the most enjoyable for me).

He's easy to get into, but he's both necessary and a lot of people really don't play him right - so, it's a good choice as he's useful on pretty much any team

lol I did this Friday, bought 11 boxes thinking "I really don't wanna spend 20 bucks" if I get one legendary I'm happy.

Ended up getting nothing and then bought another 11 pissed off lol.

I know the feeling. I really wanted Mei's red skin outfit. Bought 24 loot boxes. Got nothing. Bought another 24, and got nothing. I did end up getting enough credits to buy it. But still no DVA skin.

I feel dirty for having to buy that many loot boxes too >.<

Beartruck

I earned probably 20 boxes and bought around 30. Got basically every costume but Tracer's. Never got Dva's costume in a box but got enough coins to buy it. My friend on the other hand just earned 20 boxes and got 0 skins. RNG seems to be pretty crazy with this event.

Hmm, my luck has been pretty good it seems. Bought most epics with in game currency, got the rest in boxes. Have all the legendaries from playing+ spending $10. Missing Rein's though but I am not interested.

NotLiquid

Got Dva, Hog, Ana, Mei (Chang'E), Junk, Bastion, Rein and Sym's skins.

Wish I got Zen and Tracer's skin. If they're still available in the morning I might buy some more boxes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Earning the final event box tonight. Not buying any more. What will it hold? Legendary skin? Dupes? We shall see.

WhyMe6

I agree that RNG seems to be a lot tougher this time around. I bought 50 boxes and levelled up about ten times and ended up with Symmetra, D.va x2, Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Winston, Junkrat and Ana. I bought Tracer and Bastion's skins, too, because they're so damn pretty. I must say, Ana's skin is my favourite. I seemed to get quite a few more non-event legendaries this time around compared to past events, too.

I realised next year (obviously) isn't a rooster year, which means Bastion's skin might be exclusive to 2017 (or, well, Rooster years), so I felt a sudden urge to grab it.

MrPanic

Welp, leveled around 90 levels this event. Got all the legendary skins except D.Va and Reinhardt, just spend the 3000 to get D.Va's and just to be done with it. Not too much luck this event, got a lot of duplicates. Got Winston's skin 3 times and Tracer's skin 6 times, silly lootbox system. The only things I really wanted were the Zen and D.Va skins, so not getting Zen's till the end and D.Va's not at all was pretty frustrating.

This event definitely got me burned out on Overwatch, probably just not gonna play till next season starts.

Ryuuga

Banned
Screw it, I'm buying the D.va skin. I won't hate myself for having held out this long if I end up getting a duplicate tomorrow.

Clov

Earned my last loot box of the event, saw that I was getting a legendary... and it was Zarya's cybergoth skin. So, I just ended up buying the D.va skin with credits. I'm glad I managed to get enough gold for it! I'm definitely taking a break though, I've been playing way too much Overwatch over the past few weeks.

LiK

I spent a bunch of money on PC ver today. I wasn't going to grind all day and I really wanted these skins to play with until next Chinese New Year on both platforms. Blizzard got my moneys.

Didn't get much from the boxes until recently; got the D.va, Tracer, and Symmetra skins without having to buy anything. Will probably go ahead and buy the mercy highlight into.

Ok now I have everything minus one or two sprays. This event really burned me out on future events. Especially if the RNG is either just as bad or worse.

LiK

Ok now I have everything minus one or two sprays. This event really burned me out on future events. Especially if the RNG is either just as bad or worse.

They def fucked with the RNG after the LNY patch dropped. Yellows were easier to get before. Can't help but feel they want more money from people like me who can't play as much as I want to.

They def fucked with the RNG after the LNY patch dropped. Yellows were easier to get before. Can't help but feel they want more money from people like me who can't play as much as I want to.
Ditto here. I usually only play an hour to an hour and a half tops a day so I'm not nearly as high as level as others but it's hard enough leveling up and getting either sprays or duplicates or even duplicate sprays.

Well, I don't really mind it unless it's a limited event. Then I get really frustrated at the loot boxes. Hopefully other forums are noticing the RNG change.

Top Bottom