• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Year of the Rooster Event is live (Jan 24th - Feb 13), has CTF Brawl

13randO

Bought the Zen skin and the Hog highlight intro at the beginning of the week thinking that it would be the last time I played during the event. I decided to play and got both of them out of boxes in succession. Let this be a lesson; learn from my foolishness. T_T

Mawile

Banned
Bought the Zen skin and the Hog highlight intro at the beginning of the week thinking that it would be the last time I played during the event. I decided to play and got both of them out of boxes in succession. Let this be a lesson; learn from my foolishness. T_T

Damn... That sucks, dude.

Bossking

Banned
Spent $50 in lootboxes. The only legendaries I've gotten since the beginning of this event, with several additional lootboxes earned in-game, was Zenyatta MULTIPLE times and Roadhog. Nothing else. No Mei, no D.va, no Reinhardt, Winston, Symmettra, Bastion, no Roadhog victory animation, no Junkrat/Mei/D.va emote.

I have 6000 points which I'm gonna end up using to buy one Mei skin and D.va and nothing else. I wanna keep supporting you Blizzard, but for fuck's sake, ease off the duplicates

Just bought 24 loot boxes.

Got 6 legendary Winston skins (Wukong x4). Wtf.

All I want is Mei. ;_;

I feel your pain. Currently ~32 earned boxes deep since the start of the event. All I want is D.Va's skin, got a few of the other event skins, mainly 3x the Reinhardt and the few other golds were non-event ones. Only half way there in gold as well. u_u"

The event is nearly at its end and still no Dva or Zen skins. 😞
I'm almost at 3000 gold and soon I'll have to decide which skin to pick before the event is over.

Yukinari

Just bought 24 loot boxes.

Got 6 legendary Winston skins (Wukong x4). Wtf.

All I want is Mei. ;_;

Yep in my free boxes and bought boxes i kept getting Dva and Junkrat's skins multiple times.

I cant complain though, i got everything i wanted with 3k credits to spare. Its just a shame that Blizz introduced so many great items this event that a lot of people wont get.

Atolm

So far I've gotten D.va x2, Red Mei x2, Wukong and Bastion.

I want White Mei and Tracer though. I'm at 2920g and I'm confident I'll buy White Mei.

Alchemist

Started to play this again at the start of the event.

24 levels later, another 24 loot boxes I bought today and still no D.Va skin.

It's bullshit how themed loot boxes can still give you none themed purple/golds.

Bossking

Banned

It's bullshit how themed loot boxes can still give you none themed purple/golds.

I got Zarya's goth skin twice from this event.

I already had it to begin with.

I've had incredible luck in this event when it comes to loot boxes. What I got:

Dva - Palanquin
Reinhardt - Wujing
Roadhog - Bajie (my main, and I got this in one of the first few boxes)
Winston - Wukong
Zenyatta - Sanzang

Ana - Tal
Bastion - Rooster (got this in the free event loot box)
Junkrat - Firework
Mercy - Golden
Tracer - Rose

No dupe legendaries and I had more than enough coins to buy one of Mei's skins. I also wound up with all the highlight intros, victory poses and emotes.

My friend on the other hand, who has played a very similar amount to me during the event, has gotten Mei's Chang'e skin twice and Winston's Wukong skin once, along with a handful of non-event dupe legendaries. Every time we'd open our loot boxes I'd be telling him I got another skin and he'd be telling me to fuck off, which is fair.

Feep

Banned
I've gotten everything I'm wanted, zero dollars spent. Red Mei, Rose Tracer, Zen, Ana, Winston, Junkrat, Symmetra skins.

THANKS BLIZZARD

Kenai

I've had pretty decent luck this event, the only thing I want that I didn't get was Zen's skin and I got Nutcracker from the Christmas one so whatever. D. Va, both Mei's, Mercy + highlight intro all gotten.

Kumo

In my last 7 loot boxes, I got rein, hog, winston, and mercy skins, along with tracer's intro, reaper's nevermore skin (new for me), and 500 gold. I'll never be this lucky again...

Also got symmetra, bastion, and red mei skins from around when the event started, so I just need zen, dva, and tracer. Don't really need junkrat's skin.

I got the white Mei skin twice, but I've yet to see the red one. I'll probably end up throwing down 3000 coins for it tomorrow. Is that version supposed to be rarer?

breadtruck

I got the white Mei skin twice, but I've yet to see the red one. I'll probably end up throwing down 3000 coins for it tomorrow. Is that version supposed to be rarer?

Probably just seems that way because its uglier than the white version, so no one uses it if they have the choice :p

Frobary

Spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line ...
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Yukinari

Yeah the odds are already stupid but you gotta deal with the chance of also not getting an event item. We desperately need them to be separated.

LiK

Do we know what time this event ends on Monday? I have enough gold for the D.va skin now, but I want to see if I can get it through lootboxes first.

Don't fucking wait. Get everything you want the day before the last. They've been ending events earlier in the last day than expected and a lot of people complained they missed out. Not even sure why people wait until the very last minute to buy the missing skins etc.

Zomba13

It's also bullshit how dupes of event items give you the normal dupe gold amount even though they cost three times as much gold.

ZugZug123

Did not buy any box, grinding maybe 20 boxes so far. Got Rein, Zen, Winston, Ana and Junk skins. Got the Mercy and Tracer intro too and everything else Junk has for LNY. Will buy Mei's skin if I don't get it by Sun night.

Good thing I was really into OW early on and was never too big of a fan of any of the skins. Have 13k gold accumulated and made a rule to only buy 1 leg skin per event if I don't get one I really want by the end of it.

iosa

I earned ~40 boxes, got Mei Winston, Zen, Mercy and Ana skins in the first week, nothing since then...

I'll probably buy Tracer skin, and maybe DVa.

Clov

Don't fucking wait. Get everything you want the day before the last. They've been ending events earlier in the last day than expected and a lot of people complained they missed out. Not even sure why people wait until the very last minute to buy the missing skins etc.

Good to know! I'll earn a couple more loot boxes tomorrow, and if it's not in one of those, I'll just buy it with my coins. Thanks!

Been playing quick play and my god the matchmaking is fucking trash. I swear it never was like this about 4 months ago when I last played it. (I only play it for a little bit at a time)

Only spent $5 on loot boxes for the recent event and have everything except for Mei & Winston skins. With 3000 coins exactly I have to get lucky on some boxes tomorrow before a hard decision is made...

Cant complain about my luck this event though. Way better than Halloween and Christmas

Vexii

My luck sucked. Bought 11 boxes just now and got a huge pile of wank.

My debate is, buy more? Or do I just use the 4700 coins I have? I want both the Tracer skin and highlight intro, but also wanted Mei's Lunar skin.

Err...

I have everything minus a couple of Lunar sprays now. I'm not posting how much I spent on loot boxes but I sincerely hope that Blizzard lowers the chance of duplicates or whatever it's called.

Had to buy the Luna Mei and Phoenix Mercy skin at the end.

I-hate-u

I say save your coins boys and girls. Feb 14 is the day after the event ends, and Blizzard didn't necessarily rule out skins for Valentine's Day.

Considering I had to break the bank buying Zen and D.Va this time round, I almost hope the next event has nothing I want (or isn't for awhile) - gotta rebuild the funds up cause with my shitty luck this time round its shown my chances of getting them the 'proper' way are meh. :'(

Spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line, spray, voice line ...
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

I don't even get voice lines, I just get sprays and player icons. Fucking player icons! The most useless shit ever. Throw duplicates into the mix and ARGH!

I'd never resort to buying microtransactions, but there are still so many skins I want. Oh well. Looks like I'll have to do without them.

This event is pissing me off, though it could've been worse.

I got Mei's Luna skin, but I really want its variation, the emote and victory pose. Also, I've gotten none of the skins for the other chars...

I just hope Monday I can get the extra arcade loot boxes while the event is still going on... and hope there's no Valentine exclusive skins after that :p.

I want this to be Mercy's Valentine's Day skin...

tumblr_lsbe0qHFdb1qlzduwo1_500.gif

jediyoshi

I say save your coins boys and girls. Feb 14 is the day after the event ends, and Blizzard didn't necessarily rule out skins for Valentine's Day.

Kaplan's explicitly said no Vday/Easter events. Don't see them wasting time releasing skins unattached to actual events, and if they did, probably wouldn't be one in which they've already told people not to expect anything.

Top Bottom