• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pach-Attack!

kylej said:
I would be stunned to see that number increase dramatically with the release of GT5. If the next Halo were to sell exactly the same as Halo 3, GT5 would have to double its Prologue numbers to eclipse it. I do not see another 4 million people waiting in the wings who care enough about a hardcore racing sim to buy it but don't care enough to buy the current GT product on PS3. I just don't see it.

GT4 Prologue sold 1.3 million units. GT4 is nearing 11m. Many people aren't buying Prologue because it's not a full GT game and they know that. So they just wait for the real deal.

kylej said:
I would be stunned to see that number increase dramatically with the release of GT5. If the next Halo were to sell exactly the same as Halo 3, GT5 would have to double its Prologue numbers to eclipse it. I do not see another 4 million people waiting in the wings who care enough about a hardcore racing sim to buy it but don't care enough to buy the current GT product on PS3. I just don't see it. I don't care how many copies the original Gran Turismo sold a decade ago. The allure of pretty visuals doesn't mean as much as it once did, because in the eyes of the consumer it will look the same as Forza 3. The number of people who want to tweak their car suspension is more finite than people who want to play multiplayer shooters in this day and age.
How long ago did prologue come out? 2007? I'm sure there are plenty of new customers who are interested. Also there are some gear heads and others who are waiting for GT5 to come out to buy a PS3. GT5 will be a great seller and I think it will sell systems too.

faridmon

Dogenzaka said:
This is funny.

If I recall, the lowest-selling Grand Turismo game has still sold more than the highest-selling Halo game. :lol :lol :lol :lol

WTF? even though he is wrong but the lowest-selling GT is GT PSP and that bombed badly.

he may be wrong but are just blowing crap out of proportion.

faridmon said:
WTF? even though he is wrong but the lowest-selling GT is GT PSP and that bombed badly.

I think he meant console only GT. But I'm not sure if his statement is entirely true either way.

Penguin

kylej said:
I would be stunned to see that number increase dramatically with the release of GT5. If the next Halo were to sell exactly the same as Halo 3, GT5 would have to double its Prologue numbers to eclipse it. I do not see another 4 million people waiting in the wings who care enough about a hardcore racing sim to buy it but don't care enough to buy the current GT product on PS3. I just don't see it. I don't care how many copies the original Gran Turismo sold a decade ago. The allure of pretty visuals doesn't mean as much as it once did, because in the eyes of the consumer it will look the same as Forza 3. The number of people who want to tweak their car suspension is more finite than people who want to play multiplayer shooters in this day and age.

I don't think that's a fair assessment, that's like using the sales of Halo: ODST to justify that Halo Reach just won't sell the same.

kylej

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
GT4 Prologue sold 1.3 million units. GT4 is nearing 11m. Many people aren't buying Prologue because it's not a full GT game and they know that. So they just wait for the real deal.

.... GT4 Prologue wasn't released in North America. GT4 is nearing 11 million 5 years after its release on a console with over 120 million units now sold, a console pack-in, and a re-release under the Greatest Hits lineup. Re-release Halo 3 under the Platinum Hits moniker for $20 and watch its numbers climb. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 have seen exponential growth since the respective releases of Prologue and Halo 3. Add another 2 million sales to GT5 over Prologue. That still doesn't touch Halo 3 as of right now. If we do that, also add another 2 million to Reach sales over Halo 3. Either way you have a gap of at least 3 million between current-gen Halo and Gran Turismo 5. Not to mention Prologue launched at $39.99. There are ~4 million people who care enough about GT to buy the $60 release but won't pick up a large portion of the game for 2/3rds the price?

As I said in my previous post; the landscape has changed. The Halo brand has far more awareness than Gran Turismo.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
kylej said:
You really think a hardcore racing sim is going to outsell a new Halo game? Really? The Gran Turismo franchise is a relative flea compared to the Halo brand.
You must be forgetting that the Gran Turismo series is a sensation in Europe. To put things into an (admittedly vague) perspective, check the "List of Bestselling Games" page on Wikipedia. It seems to shape up roughly like this for shipped numbers:

Gran turismo 3 - 14.89 million
Gran turismo 4 - 10.76 million
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 4.65 million (a glorified demo).

Halo 3 - 8.1 million (the best selling Halo to date).

It could be a close one.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the Pach-Attack more and more with each episode. I like the warmer, kinder Pachter. :p

"Biggest Selling Game of 2010" right? Key being 2010 there. GT5 sales will be much more spread out compared to a HALO game. So yeah, Reach will be the biggest seller of 2010.

jabipun

Good show.

But I still think Pachter works best when he's sort of being questioned/interviewed - ala bonus round about his predictions.

Maybe they should implement a second person - to feed the questions and inquire about them depending on Pachter's statements.

Dogenzaka

Banned
KratosKilla said:
I think he meant console only GT. But I'm not sure if his statement is entirely true either way.

I dunno, I read that statement here on GAF so I'm not sure.

But I do know that GT sells way more than Halo regardless.

And I'm pretty sure it's counting full-fledged GT console iterations.

Weenerz

Banned
Mizzou Gaming said:
"Biggest Selling Game of 2010" right? Key being 2010 there. GT5 sales will be much more spread out compared to a HALO game. So yeah, Reach will be the biggest seller of 2010.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be the top seller of the year.

kylej said:
There are ~4 million people who care enough about GT to buy the $60 release but won't pick up a large portion of the game for 2/3rds the price?

No, because it's not a real GT game. Sony made it crystal clear to people that it was just more or less a teaser for GT5. It's also not a large portion of the game, it's a relatively small part of it.

But hey, you seem convinced that GT can't compete with HALO (even though no HALO game has outsold a mainline GT title) so there's nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

Johann

Y2Kev said:
Where did Michael get his avatar :lol

I think GT is big but I don't think it will outsell Halo. There are just too many Xboxes.

I don't think it's out of the question. Gran Turismo appeals to a much wider audience and very few racing sims have been able to duplicate a fraction of its sales. I do think Reach will outsell GT5 for the duration of this year (assuming GT5 releases this year).

Wii Fit Plus will probably be the best selling game of the year. We should expect strong sales throughout this year and a Holiday/New Year's Resolution bump. As for games released during that year, it could be Pokemon HG/SS, Reach, Starcraft 2: WoL, the next CoD, or possibly the Wii Vitality Sensor game.

Aru

faridmon said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere GT PSP sold more than 1 million WW.
It's weak compared to the sales of the previous entries, but it's far from a being a bomb.

Aru said:
Pretty sure I read somewhere GT PSP sold more than 1 million WW.
It's weak compared to the sales of the previous entries, but it's far from a being a bomb.
It's also on the PSP where piracy is a major problem.

kylej

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
But hey, you seem convinced that GT can't compete with HALO (even though no HALO game has outsold a mainline GT title) so there's nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

Damn, that's some great work. You completely ignored my point about the current state of the industry and my use of the past to extrapolate and bolster my argument. Good work dude!

kylej said:
Damn, that's some great work. You completely ignored my point about the current state of the industry and my use of the past to extrapolate and bolster my argument. Good work dude!

I ignored your point because I don't think that it's correct.

kylej

Banned
Penguin said:
I don't think that's a fair assessment, that's like using the sales of Halo: ODST to justify that Halo Reach just won't sell the same.

Two points I want to make about ODST

1) It didn't launch at a budget price.
2) It wasn't the first retail release of a Halo product this generation
3) It released 6 months ago

If you've read my previous posts you should be able to understand why this is important. I believe the core of Gran Turismo purchasers has shrunk from the previous gen to this one, and I believe it will remain stagnant from now until the release of GT5.
I do not see another 3 or 4 million people out there willing to buy a new Gran Turismo that have no interest in the current product available right now for cheap. In contrast, I think the online multiplayer shooter base is massive and growing faster than any rate with the exception of the casual market.

Y2Kev said:
So do you still maintain that GT is a flea compared to Halo?

When it comes to brand awareness? Absolutely. I also believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Reach will sell more copies than Gran Turismo 5.

kylej said:

Your "state of the industry" assumes Halo franchise is bigger than GT franchise, so sorry if I don't pay much attention to what you're saying.

kylej said:
When it comes to brand awareness? Absolutely. I also believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Reach will sell more copies than Gran Turismo 5.

You see, when Xbox is your first console this is lulz that happens.

spwolf

kylej said:
Two points I want to make about ODST

1) It didn't launch at a budget price.
2) It wasn't the first retail release of a Halo product this generation
3) It released 6 months ago

If you've read my previous posts you should be able to understand why this is important. I believe the core of Gran Turismo purchasers has shrunk from the previous gen to this one, and I believe it will remain stagnant from now until the release of GT5.
I do not see another 3 or 4 million people out there willing to buy a new Gran Turismo that have no interest in the current product available right now for cheap. In contrast, I think the online multiplayer shooter base is massive and growing faster than any rate with the exception of the casual market.

comparing halo and gt5 is stupid... and you are wrong in pretty much everything you said with regards to gt... check on how previous entries sold, including gt4:p.

Best ep yet, I think what is said completely valid about apple + about his work do only thing I do not get, WHY am I not doing that? because it seems to be just make a lot of sense and follow the industry closely and you will be fine.
I know he has like 10 degrees for various skills but I think the most important thing is commutation and logical thinking the rest is also luck because you make an investment.
And he sometimes investments pay out sometimes they don't.

What do you guys think?

Mrbob

I don't think some peeps understand how big GT is in Europe. GT5 will sell well in Japan, it will sell very well in USA, and push amazing numbers in Europe. GT5 will probably be the tentpole release that pushes the PS3 well ahead of the 360 in all of Europe for good.

Salacious Crumb

The Dutch Slayer said:
Best ep yet, I think what is said completely valid about apple + about his work do only thing I do not get, WHY am I not doing that? because it seems to be just make a lot of sense and follow the industry closely and you will be fine.
I know he has like 10 degrees for various skills but I think the most important thing is commutation and logical thinking the rest is also luck because you make an investment.
And he sometimes investments pay out sometimes they don't.

What do you guys think?

I thought it was a great episode..... but I've gotta ask you, did you make a GFW radio remix that got played on that podcast, cause I'm pretty sure it was made by a dude called the dutch slayer.

Doomslayer said:
I thought it was a great episode..... but I've gotta ask you, did you make a GFW radio remix that got played on that podcast, cause I'm pretty sure it was made by a dude called the dutch slayer.
Yes that is me :)
I said that in my introduction on gaf (been coming to gaf for about 5 years now but did not have a ok e-mail to register with until late last year).
Anyway here is more info:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19822910&postcount=1415
In the post the link to the remix.

Also in the same post I have an short video interview with Jeff Green

Baki

kylej said:
Firstly, your prediction is based on nothing but narrow minded speculation. You have no proof to suggest that the fanbase for GT that existed 4 years ago no longer exists. You assume that the there is no market for games other than online FPS even though Wii Fit, Mario Kart and NSMB Wii run circles around most conventional FPS games sold on the market.

In addition to this you are referencing the sales of a glorified demo and using it as some sort of evidence to assert your point. This is worse than using ODST sales to support the theory that Halo is declining because atleast ODST is a full game.

Now if we look at previous iterations of GT. All the fully fledged console titles have sold more than 9M units worldwide (with GT2 being the only one to sell below 10M) and this over a span of 10 years. This indicates that the franchise is able to maintain steady sales over an extended period of times.

Now if we look at the Halo franchise, Halo 3 is the highest selling Halo with 8.1M copies sold worldwide. The majority of that being sold in NA. The franchise has gone from 5M with Halo: CE to 8.1M with Halo 3 over a span of 7 years. The sales of Halo 3 is similar to Halo 2 indicating that the franchise has stabilised and reached a sales plateau.

Now looking at these cold, hard facts do you not agree that it is a little too early to count out GT5 from the race? In the very least it deserves that. Especially considering the Halo franchise has never reached the heights that the GT franchise has maintained. Not to mention that the FPS market is heavily saturated and there'll be stiff competition this fall with COD and MOH.

PS: Halo 3 has been bundled to hell and back by the way. So that's a moot point regarding GT3 bundling.

Wow, Never noticed this. I love how cheesy and aggressive it was in the first episode, but loved the way the next couple of episodes went.

Although I don't like all the apple questions. Enough about apple!

kylej

Banned
Baki said:
Firstly, your prediction is based on nothing but narrow minded speculation.

Yes, the whole discussion started because I was speculating about the biggest seller of 2010... It's nothing but speculation. I feel like I've already addressed every point that you're attempting to rebut.

You assume that the there is no market for games other than online FPS even though Wii Fit, Mario Kart and NSMB Wii run circles around most conventional FPS games sold on the market.

I didn't say there's "no market". I said the growth rate of multiplayer shooters is only eclipsed by casual games.

Therefore when you say
The franchise has gone from 5M with Halo: CE to 8.1M with Halo 3 over a span of 7 years. The sales of Halo 3 is similar to Halo 2 indicating that the franchise has stabilised and reached a sales plateau.

If more consoles are being sold every day, and the multiplayer shooter base is growing, how can you see the franchise has reached a sales plateau? Broadbrand usage has spread like wildfire and both the integration and allure of Xbox Live is much greater with the 360 than it was with the old Xbox.

The game is only two years old and hasn't even been re-released under the Platinum Hits lineup yet.

In addition to this you are referencing the sales of a glorified demo and using it as some sort of evidence to assert your point. This is worse than using ODST sales to support the theory that Halo is declining because atleast ODST is a full game.

Absolute semantics. Gran Turismo Prologue is a retail release on a disc. Sony had shipped 2 million copies of the game in the same time it took ODST to sell 3 million (at a $20 premium).

Now if we look at previous iterations of GT. All the fully fledged console titles have sold more than 9M units worldwide (with GT2 being the only one to sell below 10M) and this over a span of 10 years. This indicates that the franchise is able to maintain steady sales over an extended period of times.

So the Gran Turismo games have sold a few million more than Halo 3 right now. Ok, so

• Gran Turismo sales after a minimum 5+ years of sales on the platform with a much larger install base than Xbox 360 slightly eclipse the current major Halo release
  • I believe many people bought the GT games because the replays looked so pretty. Now you can get - in the consumer's eyes - a game that looks practically the same if you buy Forza 3.
  • The mainstream sim racer market is far more crowded now than it was in 1995 and can satiate the most obsessive tastes better than ever before.

Yes, the GT series has shown its strength on wildly popular Playstation consoles. PS3 is no PSX or PS2 in terms of install base. I do not think 4 million people who didn't buy Prologue will buy GT5 this fall. I do not see GT5 outselling Halo: Reach this year, next year or over this entire generation.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kylej said:
[*] I believe many people bought the GT games because the replays looked so pretty.
Oh my gawd you have no freaking clue what you're talking about at all. :lol

edit: I love how you say:

Gran Turismo sales after a minimum 5+ years of sales on the platform with a much larger install base than Xbox 360 slightly eclipse the current major Halo release

...but then quickly forget differentiating install bases to make this point:

Gran Turismo Prologue is a retail release on a disc. Sony had shipped 2 million copies of the game in the same time it took ODST to sell 3 million (at a $20 premium).

You have zero clue about GT as a franchise. None. Nor any idea about the sim racer market. Please quit fooling yourself like you know what the hell you're talking about. It's OK to plead ignorance sometimes. :)

kylej

Banned
chubigans said:
Oh my gawd you have no freaking clue what you're talking about at all. :lol

Taking out of context, ignoring point. Another winner.

You don't think a lot of people buy games because they're more impressed by the visuals than the actual game? That's basically how every single launch game sells more than 4 copies. The Gran Turismo series is a showcase. The visual difference to the consumer is not as startling now as it was when you first saw GT and GT3. I think the core base has shrunk in the transition to PS3 and the draw for the uninformed consumer isn't there.

I say this because I'm speculating. Speculating. Speculating.

...but then quickly forget differentiating install bases to make this point:

Quote:
Gran Turismo Prologue is a retail release on a disc. Sony had shipped 2 million copies of the game in the same time it took ODST to sell 3 million (at a $20 premium).

Then compare GT4 sales 2 years after release if you want to flip the install base argument wildly in its favor. I don't have the numbers. I'd be willing to bet they're dead even with Halo 3 though.

Please refute my statements instead of telling me I have no clue. Or post more laughing faces they're always exciting. Maybe you can make an iPhone game about this.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kylej said:
You don't think a lot of people buy games because they're more impressed by the visuals than the actual game?
I do think some people do that. I don't think they would do that for a simulation racer that they wouldn't have any interest in otherwise. And I don't think that number would surpass a few thousand.

To think that GT is a brand only for it's graphics, and that the simulation genre is now crowded (it isn't, only Forza has appeared on the console sim genre...and don't even think about lumping in Need for Speed or Burnout to the sim genre. That's like saying sports games are in decline due to poor sales of Blitz and the Bigs.), tells me you're indeed speculating on something you really don't have any clue about. That's why I was laughing.

That's like me saying Halo Reach won't sell well because the shooter genre has been oversaturated, gamers have more choices to choose from like Modern Warfare and the reboot of Medal of Honor, declining sales in recent Halo games, people only buy Halo because they didn't have many choices in the past, etc. Oh, I can make all those points very easily. But it still would underestimate the power of the Halo brand, something that is evident in all it's titles so far...and something you're just blatantly ignoring with GT, dismissing it as pretty toys people are attracted to. Give me a freaking break.

Baki

kylej said:
Yes, the whole discussion started because I was speculating about the biggest seller of 2010... It's nothing but speculation. I feel like I've already addressed every point that you're attempting to rebut.

I didn't say there's "no market". I said the growth rate of multiplayer shooters is only eclipsed by casual games.

Therefore when you say

If more consoles are being sold every day, and the multiplayer shooter base is growing, how can you see the franchise has reached a sales plateau? Broadbrand usage has spread like wildfire and both the integration and allure of Xbox Live is much greater with the 360 than it was with the old Xbox.

Because Halo 2 sold 8M and Halo 3 sold 8.1M.

Not to mention, there is nothing to indicate that Halo will sell outside is already large audience. Especially since there are other prolific multiplayer shooters on the market right now which were not present during Halo 3's initial release.

BTW, more Xboxes =/= more Halo sales.

Look at MGS2 -> MGS 3, FFX -> FFXII as a reference.

The game is only two years old and hasn't even been re-released under the Platinum Hits lineup yet.

WRONG. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halo-3-Classics-Xbox-360/dp/B001TUYA7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267395855&sr=1-1

Not to mention it has been bundled to oblivion.

Absolute semantics. Gran Turismo Prologue is a retail release on a disc. Sony had shipped 2 million copies of the game in the same time it took ODST to sell 3 million (at a $20 premium).

That is because one is a full retail release and another is a glorified demo. I think I've mentioned this already.

So the Gran Turismo games have sold a few million more than Halo 3 right now. Ok, so

• Gran Turismo sales after a minimum 5+ years of sales on the platform with a much larger install base than Xbox 360 slightly eclipse the current major Halo release
  • I believe many people bought the GT games because the replays looked so pretty. Now you can get - in the consumer's eyes - a game that looks practically the same if you buy Forza 3.
  • The mainstream sim racer market is far more crowded now than it was in 1995 and can satiate the most obsessive tastes better than ever before.

2.6M more is not a small number. Secondly, GT4 sold most of its LTD within 2 years. Also I cannot believe you tried to say the reason why GT4 sold 10M was because the replays looked pretty. :lol :lol You cannot be serious.
Eitherway, that is not a legitimate point because such a large install base cannot be generalised by anecdotal evidence(by that, I mean YOUR feelings for the franchise).

Finally, the sim market now is probably less saturated than the sim market in 2005.

EDIT: GT3 sold ~6M more than Halo 3 with a install base smaller than the current 360 install base.

Yes, the GT series has shown its strength on wildly popular Playstation consoles. PS3 is no PSX or PS2 in terms of install base. I do not think 4 million people who didn't buy Prologue will buy GT5 this fall. I do not see GT5 outselling Halo: Reach this year, next year or over this entire generation.

That does not matter. MGS4 sold more than MGS3 on a smaller install base. GT4 sold less than GT3 on a smaller install base. etc...

The PS3 has reached a price point and install number sufficient to not hold back any potential sales of GT5.

Finally, your statement is extremely bold considering there is no legitimate reason for Halo: Reach to outsell GT5 considering the franchises history (and that Reach is not a numbered Halo).

kylej

Banned
chubigans said:
I do think some people do that. I don't think they would do that for a simulation racer that they wouldn't have any interest in otherwise. And I don't think that number would surpass a few thousand.

You don't think there were more than a few thousand people who bought the original Gran Turismo for Playstation because it looked beautiful. Really? I never said Gran Turismo is a brand only for its graphics, I said a lot of people buy it because it's a showcase of their new console. The visual gap between Gran Turismo and other console games is not as large as it was when you first saw GT or GT3.

iRacing and the GTR series provide a better sim experience than Gran Turismo. The true hardcore sim nerds won't play GT5 because it's too simple. These are the people who number in the thousands or maybe tens of thousands. The people who "like racing games" have countless arcade, motorcycle, rally, ATV, dirtbike and NASCAR games.

The reason you can't apply the saturation argument to Reach is because the market is expanding so rapidly. Halo sold 8 million and MW2 sold what, 10+ million(?) or something outrageous. Gears of War sells millions. People like competitive shooters. Forza 3 barely scraped by 1 million sales. When the best console sim racer out right now barely sells 1 million copies and the first instance of Gran Turismo on the new Playstation sells 4 million at a budget price, this does not signal market growth to me.

More options in the market + smaller superficial differences = fewer casual purchasers. Is the dedicated console sim racer base large enough to eclipse the sales of Reach this fall? I don't think so.

kylej said:
Forza 3 barely scraped by 1 million sales. When the best console sim racer out right now barely sells 1 million copies and the first instance of Gran Turismo on the new Playstation sells 4 million at a budget price, this does not signal market growth to me.

Because Gran Turismo is a brand. It's something that's extremely popular among people that aren't even gaming fans. Much like a Madden, a title that's fanbase is made up of a lot of people who don't give a shit about other games that aren't named 'Madden'. So you can't base Gran Turismo's popularity on how another series sells.

The reality is that sim racers never were extremely popular. Before the original GT and since. GT created it's own market and that still exists.

yurinka

dorkimoe said:
the fact that hes famous for his predictions when hes never right?
Well, I failed all the predictions he made. Wii HD coming this fall and Natal outselling Arc 5:1 doesn't sound really good.

I don't know. Maybe he's refering to PS3+Arc when mentioned WiiHD.:lol

yurinka

BiasedGamer said:
Some ideas:
  • prediction of sales for upcoming titles and/or analysis for recently released games
  • analysis of NPDs
  • analysis of fiscal reports from major companies
  • explain how game price is split between publisher, developer, retailer, etc. and how retail market compares to digital distribution
  • what kind of impact do used games have on prices/profits
  • platform analysis (recurring segment):
    • current price point(s) and estimated production costs
    • current trends for hw and sf sales
    • when can we expect next price cut or hardware iteration for given platform
    • how profitable are associated products and services (Xbox Live, accessories, etc.)
    • what kind of impact will upcoming stuff have on the platform (Natal, PS3 wand, long-awaited sequel)
  • just like in first episode, don't take yourself or the show too seriously
This

Fugu

kylej said:
EUROPE.

The funny thing about brand awareness is that your awareness of a brand does not determine the awareness of the brand as a whole. The Gran Turismo series is critically-acclaimed and historically pulled extremely large international numbers. The PS3 having a small market share doesn't affect the fact that large numbers aren't outlandish for a console that's sold over 30 million.

So, is Halo Reach going to be the best-selling game of 2010 in Japan too?

Nice episode, am I the only one who misses the "babies" line? I want soooome cheesiness come on! :(

Also I'm glad you're doing 2 questions now instead of one, the show needed some meat. Keep up the good work.

kylej: there are so many things wrong with your initial post, as others have pointed out. Take some sales-age 101 and come back.

As for GT5, going by GT3->GT4 numbers and GT4P->GT5P numbers, I would say the series is in decline in Japan, NA, and actually on the rise in Europe. GT4 surprisingly did better than GT3 in Europe and GT5P crushed GT4P (although part of that is because the time between GT5P and GT5 is much longer). So I think the numbers for JP/NA will be something like GT4->GT5 = FFXII->FFXIII in Japan (small decline due to smaller userbase and series decline, ameliorated by being the first iteration on a new gen), while GT5 may very well outsell GT4 in EU, which did 6.5m. So WW LTD should land somewhere between GT3 and GT4.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"For the flamers out there..."

What a stud! This show is better than NBC's entire programming lineup.

Top Bottom