• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pach-Attack!

kylej

Banned
vicissitudes said:
kylej: there are so many things wrong with your initial post, as others have pointed out. Take some sales-age 101 and come back.

Yeah, I'll definitely look to GAF sales threads for help with economics. That'll fit in nicely with my Sociology class taught by Professor Jeffrey Dahmer.

Baki

kylej said:
Yeah, I'll definitely look to GAF sales threads for help with economics. That'll fit in nicely with my Sociology class taught by Professor Jeffrey Dahmer.

You should stick to sociology.

kylej

Banned
Baki said:
You should stick to sociology.

whoosh

I'm sorry your brain can't comprehend why I feel Reach will outsell GT5. I've explained it many times in this thread. Bookmark this thread, save it until January 1st and compare 2 months of sales for each game. I have nothing more to add.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I get annoyed by weird font stuff. So...what the heck is up with the "W" and "M" in the questions? Honestly, it looks so awful I'd have to think someone's screwing the letters up on purpose instead of just typing them out in some program.

vzh1ug.png

i love pach, but the "hello fellow babies" shit creeps me out every time i hear it. i know it's probably a generational thing but pach, if you're reading: prolly wanna ease off that imo

Barry Lightning said:
i love pach, but the "hello fellow babies" shit creeps me out every time i hear it. i know it's probably a generational thing but pach, if you're reading: prolly wanna ease off that imo

Pachter rocks, but he really needs to ditch the, "hello fellow babies," thing. Where the hell did this come from?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
nextgeneration said:
Pachter rocks, but he really needs to ditch the, "hello fellow babies," thing. Where the hell did this come from?

Hey I like being one of Pacters babies !

Anyway pretty good overview from Pacter on the IW situation.

michaelpachter

He speaks, and we freak
nextgeneration said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Johnny_Fever

All right, Cincinnati, it is time for this town to get down! You've got Johnny... Doctor Johnny Fever, and I am burnin' up in here! We all in critical condition, babies, but you can tell me where it hurts, 'cause I got the healing prescription here from the big 'KRP musical medicine cabinet. Now I am talking about your 50,000 watt intensive care unit, babies! So just sit right down, relax, open your ears real wide and say, "Give it to me straight, Doctor, I can take it!"
He then starts the station's first rock record, and then triumphantly says, "I almost forgot, fellow babies....Booger!"

zlatko

Banned
I'm still curious how SEGA turns enough of a profit to stay in just the game development business let alone being part of the console race.

Great episode as always. This is easily my most favorite thing to tune into on GT.com.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
New consoles in 2015? Maybe for PS3, but I'd be very surprised if Microsoft hasn't moved on by then. Great show.

Baki

kylej said:
whoosh

I'm sorry your brain can't comprehend why I feel Reach will outsell GT5. I've explained it many times in this thread. Bookmark this thread, save it until January 1st and compare 2 months of sales for each game. I have nothing more to add.

I comprehend and rebutted your "points". Regardless, it would be better to compare 6 - 12 months worth of GT sales to 6 - 12months worth of Halo: Reach sales simply because Halo is a lot more frontloaded than GT.

chubigans said:
New consoles in 2015? Maybe for PS3, but I'd be very surprised if Microsoft hasn't moved on by then. Great show.

2012/2013. IMO.

Did he just push WiiHD back to 2011?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

2011 is arguable - 2012 is more likely. I'm willing to push MS and Sony back to 2013-2015 due to 3rd party reluctance. When we start hearing from 3rd parties about how they're looking forward to the next generation, then we can probably say that MS and Sony have new consoles incoming.

Minamu

Great question!! :lol Every question is apparently great. And why wouldn't they be? Why pick the bad questions? /nitpick

grkazan12

Another great episode with some great insights. It makes you wonder if Sony is going to announce a new PSP anytime soon to combat a 3DS or will they continue with the current models of PSP.

Oh and I loved the 'fellow babies' explanation.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Michael,

Why are you predicting PSP4000, 5000, and 6000 (or, rather, hoping they exist) and not predicting a PSP2? Even assuming you had one PSP revision a year, a 6000 would take three years! Not even the DS will be Nintendo's main handheld platform in three years. Do you not think Sony will answer at E3 with PSP2? I think it's all but certain.

The question to me is whether or not Sony is planning 3D.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I think it's a bit more certain that they'll make a PSPhone next rather than a PSP2. Really, I don't know where else they'd take the PSP at this point.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
chubigans said:
I think it's a bit more certain that they'll make a PSPhone next rather than a PSP2. Really, I don't know where else they'd take the PSP at this point.
Why? The system is comatose in two of three markets. What's the point of a PSPhone? Who is going to buy it (not the Japanese) and why? It's not like there is software in the west being made for it. All it will do is bump the price up from PSP3000's price point and require a contract.

A gaming console that is also a phone is a bad idea. They're not going to beat Apple with their phone that is also a gaming console.

DanteFox

IMO sony needs to switch to cartridges for the next psp and maybe bring some PSN style games to it at lower price points. they could keep offering downloadable games as well.

peace out fellow babies.

Sony is screwed, basically. If 3DS is all it is cracked up to be, between it and the iphone, another Sony portable system would be following by a huge margin in either market.

The big advantage of the PSP over the DS was that it could provide a console quality experience on the go and that was because the DS has a huge hardware limitation. Assuming the 3DS is Gamecube quality, there is no real advantage. What is going to happen then, the PSP2 will be PS3 quality? what is the point anymore? the cost to even create the games for a handhend vs the console/downloadable wouldn't be worth it. And for a handheld, good performing PS2-era graphics is the point where you can make any type of video game you want regardless if how good it looks.

I'm still saying the only thing the next PSP can do to remain relevant is to have some sort of revolutionary way to do online gaming on a portable. I don't mean being stuck relying on wi-fi and things like that. A system where you can play any game at any time online against others.

People brought the example many times in the 3DS thread, but the games that kept the PSP popular in Japan are Monster Hunter. It is a game style that can't be be done proper on the poor DS hardware (I know there are things like Phantasy Star Zero and that Kingdom Hearts game. not the same.) But if the 3DS is Gamecube quality hardware, why would Capcom choose to put Monster Hunter Portable 4 on the PSP or PSP2 instead of the 3DS?

Dennis

Banned
PSP2 as a multi-purpose device? Don't care. At all. I bought the PSP because it offered much better visuals than the DS.

If the PSP2 does not exceed the graphical capablities of the 3DS, I will just be getting the Nintendo handheld for next gen.

Meesh

Pach-Attack? lol the first thing that came to mind when I saw that was "Body-Brake, with Hal Johnson and Joanne Mcleod"...lol *sigh

Dante Fox said:
IMO sony needs to switch to cartridges
Never in a million years did I ever think I'd read this...joke post?

DanteFox

just a thought. IIRC, switching to cartridges would save battery life. who thought discs for a handheld would be a good idea in the first place, anyway?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
DanteFox said:
just a thought. IIRC, switching to cartridges would save battery life. who thought discs for a handheld would be a good idea in the first place, anyway?

Sony and this ENTIRE FORUM when it was announced.

chubigans said:

IMO the PSP2 will have a second sku that will be a PSPhone. The whole reason Sony maybe switching to an ARM's based chip set is to use it in a mulitude of moble high powered low energy mobel devices.

We'll see a ITouch Iphone situation with a PSP2. PSP2 and PSPmoble?

DanteFox

ah ok. so it was at least a defensible decision back then. but now.... I think cartridges make plenty of sense. probably more-so for a handheld.

Top Bottom