• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2008

Captain Smoker said:
Yes. ^^

The Wii is going to be the best selling Nintendo system in Europe. :D

Already 6.300.000 shipped units, I wonder how many units the Wii will manage till the end of the Gen. :)

Man. Those numbers just show how much better than Wii is doing compared to Gamecube. It has 1.5x the amount of shipped units already, and it's only been out for 1 and a half years. Fuck.

szaromir

Banned
Australia:
360: 303.000 [till 01/13/2008]

New Zealand:
360: 50.000 [till 03/23/08]

Total:
360: 253.000

That's some crazy magic right there.

Gamecocks625 said:
I wonder how many copies of PES Wii Konami shipped. In the states, it is hard to find in stores, but considering that the UK (and the rest of Europe) is football/Wii land, I would imagine that Konami would ship a decent amount of copies to fulfill any sort of demand. I won't be surprised if PES charts lower than expected due to a smaller shipment than say, GT5 Prologue.

Some UK evidence:

It's sold out at amazon.co.uk and shopto.net and I'm hearing plenty of people saying that the supermarkets (where it's cheapest) have also sold out of it. So it appears to be yet another modestly shipped Wii game.

RJT

Hope it's high demand and not low supply that is causing the shortages. I really want PES Wii to succeed...

The numbers should be out now, right? This week feels like NPD...

Haunted

Raist said:
Germany
Week 12, 2008

01 (01) [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
02 (02) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
03 (03) [NDS] More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo)
04 (04) [NDS] Pr. Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo)
05 (05) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
06 (09) [NDS] Animal Crossing DS (Nintendo)
07 (07) [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
08 (__) [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
09 (08) [NDS] The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Kreis der Spione (Disney Interactive Studios)
10 (06) [NDS] Think Logic Trainer (Nintendo)
Now that's just fucking ridiculous.

RJT said:
The numbers should be out now, right? This week feels like NPD...

I want to know this too. I haven't been this interested in charts for a while. I really want to see PES do well.

Can someone possibly tell me how many recorded days of sales there will be for PES's figures in the upcoming charts this week?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
_Alkaline_ said:
I want to know this too. I haven't been this interested in charts for a while. I really want to see PES do well.

Can someone possibly tell me how many recorded days of sales there will be for PES's figures in the upcoming charts this week?
Chart Track numbers are typically up around 5pm, sometimes not until 6pm. So, in about an hour or two.

Psychotext said:
Yeah, I was mostly wondering because the charts are usually all DS / Wii games.
High profile games will chart. It's not a question of wether GT charts (at No. 1), it remains to be seen how long it will stay on. Thus far, there were no PS3 games with legs (although it's kind of hard to judge because we only get the Top 10 - so no Top 10 legs or whatever).

Sage00

Once And Future Member
_Alkaline_ said:

Games release on Fridays, chart track counts Mon-Sat as a week. So 2 days as per usual.

felipeko said:
I bet charttrack will be late today.. they're usually late on big releases...

noooooo.jpg

f@luS

More than a member.
GT5
Vegas (360)
Mario & sonic
Vegas (ps3)
PES (wii)
Dr kawathing (ds)
wii play
carnival funfair game(????) (wii)
mario & sonic (ds)
sega tennis (wii)

motorstorm ...#13???
god of war #20

:lol at HOTD 2&3 destroying God Of War PSP. Niche No More Heroes and Zack & Wiki also charted higher on their debut weeks, which says it all really.

It's interesting that the PSP itself sells decently but most of its audience simply aren't interested in the games served up for the machine. It would probably be in Sony's best interests to make sure that its successor cannot easily be used as an emulation machine or publishers are really going to be swayed negatively from the get-go when it comes to support for it.

I'm delighted with the top 5 place for PES - Hopefully good word of mouth will see it continue to sell and ensure a 2009 edition before the end of the year.

Avrum

squatingyeti said:
Yes, the PS3 has a #1 seller. Was that ever going to be a doubt with GT5:p? I guess the 360 constantly having #1 sellers means they're screwed?

Well, surely he was only being funny about it.

If not, well it's certainly a good example of the straw grasping sect of the core PS3 audience who have been feeling a bit left out in sales threads until recently. :lol

Drink deep of your victory this day dedicated PS3 owners; you've somewhat earned it!

Top Bottom