• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star |OT| Delicious Flat Characters

I've got this ordered through Newegg, but it's been rather under the radar for me. I've just got so many other things to worry about right now. I hope I'll just be able to relax and enjoy it.

So how much RPG is in this game? I thought I remember reading no xp or levelling (instead new abilities come by stickers which you find)

So is this more of a puzzle kind of game?

TEJ

So how much RPG is in this game? I thought I remember reading no xp or levelling (instead new abilities come by stickers which you find)

the game has experience and levelling, you just get them from accomplishing things instead of battle.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

If I recall you still get EXP, but from quests. Battles are there to get coins and stickers.

Playing Chrono Trigger on my 3DS right now, but I'll probably get this when I'm done seeing as I've beaten every other PM game.

i'm not going to lie, i would trade Paper Mario for Animal Crossing.

Agreed.
eIfHh.gif

Also: Nintendo games don't usually go on sale during Black Friday, right? No sense in waiting until then, in that case.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If Chet really drew those then I'd expect Peach's chest to look like she just got out of being an extra character for Dead or Alive: Wii U edition.

Sadist

Ugh 31 days until release

And we Yurop folk have to wait until the 23rd this month for Virtue's Last Reward. Feels bad mang.

TreIII

Can't wait. Impressions from Twitter and the like have been telling that this is going to be something special.

Dr.Hadji

Thank you OT. This game was trying to sneak up on me. Sneak attack failed. All aboard the Sticker train to funky town!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's incredibly neat to get a Japanese made Nintendo game first in America. They'll be basically zero impressions beyond the first few hours out there by the time I get it so there won't be any chance at all to spoil it.

Madao

i'm getting the game digital on sunday. anyone else jumping into the digital bandwagon with this game?

also, i plan to do a livestream of it. i hope it goes well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'm getting the game digital on sunday. anyone else jumping into the digital bandwagon with this game?

I'm getting it digitally right away, got two more of those swank OoT 3DS cards ready to go.

zroid

Banned
Oh ho ho. I see what you did there xD.

Feels_Like_Pants_by_rainbowkirby.png

Someone has to do something like this but with Paper Mario XD

A Wii U "Fabric Mario" could be amazing with the benefit of HD. Imagine changing Mario's texture gives him different abilities. hnngh

Yuterald

I'm not sure if I should save this for xmas or try and buy it day one. This is the perfect Christmas day game. Regardless, I'm very excited!

I'm planning to as well. No having to go out to get it or wait for the mail, just start downloading when I wake up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No digital for me. My wife and I have separate 3DS' and both want to play it.

It's a really good reason to not get it.

I had someone offer me 15 bucks for the DK code that comes with the digital version so it ended up being the cheapest option for me.

RAWi

A Wii U "Fabric Mario" could be amazing with the benefit of HD. Imagine changing Mario's texture gives him different abilities. hnngh

Super Mario Multiverse or Universe. Game were you can change Mario's sorroundings from Paper Mario style to Mario&Luigi RPG to Galaxy or 2D (Mario Bros. 1 to World) style, and so on.

:D the best, yet I think that will never happen, haha.

Meanwhile, this Paper Mario will be quite awesome.

I had no clue this was out so soon. Good news is I now have my 3DSXL bad news I need to finish AC:3 first I am terrible at playing two games at the same time.

Thank fuck, the last game on my list of "buy a ton of games in the shortest amount of time possible". I actually have this one pre-ordered, too!

I can't wait to play with VIRTUAL STICKERS!

Edit: Woah, you DREW the OP? Damn, it looks great!

I disapprove of nearly every change this game has made from PM2.

BUT I AM STILL SO EXCITED BECAUSE IT'S GOSH DANG PAPER MARIO.

Huff

Banned
Not a big fan of the art style and the sticker part has me concerned but it'll be good to be playing a game on the 3DS again

Top Bottom