• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People without avatars

Why don't you?

• I'm too cool for one.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don't see the point.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • James Cameron is a fucking hack!

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Forget people with no avatar. What I want to see is the triumphant return of animated GIF avatars!

Drake

My old one didn't carry over from the site migration to the new platform and I don't really care enough/am too lazy to find a new one.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
To me, the real question is why doesn't everyone have an avatar in honor of our Lord and Father Satan, the master of the universe?

Kadayi

Banned
I could use that avatar but then I'd be tricking peoples. I'm actually a male :p

So ....

LaJ9Kmo.gif

Shifty

Too lazy and disconnected from GAF to change avatar, yet motivated and connected enough to drop in and post about it :pie_thinking:

i prefer no avatar to anime avatars
The official tier list is as follows:

1. Everything Else
2. No Avatar
3. Punished Snake Edgelord
4. Anime Trash Waifu

Last edited:

Hudo

My avatar is just exists for one purpose: In the event that someone from EA browses GAF, I want them to look at it, knowing that it looks back at them and what they have done. Also because the first C&C introduced me to video games proper, back when I was a little lad. Real-time Strategy is for the ages!

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Its time I make my N my resetera avatar too.

Viliger

Because I don't care. I don't have an avatar in Discord, I don't have an avatar in Origin, I don't have one in Telegram. The only place I still have one is Steam, maybe I should just copy one from there.
And done, I guess.

Last edited:

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
People without avatars are the uncredited extras in a movie starring all of the people with avatars.

:messenger_sunglasses:

It doesn’t really matter, eventually I learn to identify you all by your defaults. If you contribute to threads in interesting ways, people will remember you, avatar or not

Last edited:

Basoes

People without avatars are the uncredited extras in a movie starring all of the people with avatars.

:messenger_sunglasses:

It doesn’t really matter, eventually I learn to identify you all by your defaults. If you contribute to threads in interesting ways, people will remember you, avatar or not
so you're saying I'll never be remembered

Pejo

I'm still waiting to be able to shut them off again. Nothing against them but I just mostly browse on breaks at work and it's more low-key without avatars. Either that or blow the doors off the hinges and bring back animated avatars.

Makariel

I find it strange to be in a forum and not have an Avatar, that's like refusing to put on clothes when going out 🤔

Having no avatar is what makes me unique and it has always been this way for me.
As unique as everyone else who doesn't have one, i.e. not unique at all.

Nymphae

Banned
It helps people to recognize you, I dislike when people don't use them. 9 times out of 10 I don't even read people's names because they're dumb, but I treat avatars like a face generally.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion But you're also cursed with the 'n' on your username being dropped to the next line because it's too long. And it makes me cry.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
"My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl."
explain

There was a thread called "My Beef with Summer Lesson" in the gaming side. I basically said something along the lines that if games like that let somebody who is not fortunate enough to have a GF and experience what its like to be in a relationship then why not.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The worst thing is avatar changing.

I can't remember your usernames. I guarantee that you're essentially a whole new person to me the day your avatar switches over.

RubxQub

The worst thing is avatar changing.

I can't remember your usernames. I guarantee that you're essentially a whole new person to me the day your avatar switches over.
Have you heard of this new guy who keeps showing up named @Whataburger ?

RubxQub

In all seriousness I have no idea who "Whataburger" is. I just know that this face isn't familiar:
He changes his avatar many times a day (generally anime woman themed) so I figured he'd basically be a ghost to you.

I still want to know if he's manually updating them that frequently or if he's got a script or what. That level of dedication is laudable regardless.

Top Bottom