• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena Gamechariot Videos!

Westlo

Indeed

I've been following P4U quietly for a while now. It looks like they are gonna ram this game full of content rivaling that of Extend. This game is shaping up to be one of the better fighters of the year if the online play is up to par and they continually update it with DLC characters..

Yeah I'm quite surprised @ how good this game is going to be @ launch, as a Persona and a fighting game fan I've always had my eye on this but it's really shaping up nicely.

Anyway Minato DLC needs to happen!

SUPARSTARX

Yeah I'm quite surprised @ how good this game is going to be @ launch, as a Persona and a fighting game fan I've always had my eye on this but it's really shaping up nicely.

Anyway Minato DLC needs to happen!

No.

He needs to be available off the bat!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been playing this non-stop since I got to Tokyo. So much fun! Dominating arcades along with Gundam V.S. Full Boost!

Busaiku

It'd be pretty funny or not funny to see how poorly the GB guys approach an ArcSys game.
Oh, they did Calamity Trigger, guess I'll check that out.

SUPARSTARX

I've been playing this non-stop since I got to Tokyo. So much fun! Dominating arcades along with Gundam V.S. Full Boost!

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love how P4U's got like almost the whole package for a fighting game.

Graphics, music, style.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The game isn't that old here. It's popular now but BlazBlue was very popular at it's peak as well.

Tizoc

*Raises Steel chair*
As someone who has, unfortunately, YET to play the Persona games should I bother with the story mode or wait til I've played them before diving into it.

kewlmyc

*Raises Steel chair*
As someone who has, unfortunately, YET to play the Persona games should I bother with the story mode or wait til I've played them before diving into it.

Not sure. We don't know anything about story mode right now, so it's hard to tell how many spoilers it will contain.

farnham

Banned
played this game in akihabara today

i played a girl with short brown hair, a green gym jacket that look kinda sporty

she had some abusive kicks and stuff..

i got to stage 7 and failed against another women with a rapier

probably gonna get it if it hits consoles

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Don't believe his lies!

This is the man who hyped up SFxT as well.

What! I wasn't lying when I was talking about SFXTK. I actually really like SFXTK as a game. Not everyone else is diggin it but I love watching/playing it.

So far so good for P4U. ^.^

zlatko

Banned
What! I wasn't lying when I was talking about SFXTK. I actually really like SFXTK as a game. Not everyone else is diggin it but I love watching/playing it.

So far so good for P4U. ^.^

:p SFxT is a fun game to play even with its faults, but I can't watch it. Something about it just doesn't click with me for spectating.

I am excited as hell for P4U just on the premise that P4 is my favorite RPG of all time. :D

zlatko

Banned
I ended up bringing it up to duckroll. You are indeed correct about the assumption of risk when it comes to something like entering a ME3 topic (or a similar franchise series). But P4U seems to be a slightly different scenario. Duckroll had this to say;

I hope that helps define some kind of mod stance to this kind of situation, at least in regards to scenarios where the sequel end up switching genres (or as Nich implied, are seemingly used as entry points in their own right).

Seems fair to me. My "spoiler" earlier in the thread, was just asking for
Adachi to be a playable character. I don't think I mentioned him being the guy throwing people in the TV. Just that he called someone a bitch.

I'm still confused then if this game,while different genres, is a follow up to P4, or not? I don't see how a genre swap has any barring on the story from its prequel. If say, ME4 was announced as a FPS, does that mean we no longer could discuss ME3, simply due to it swapping genres? That seems a bit of a ridiculous notion.

Either way I'm not gonna spoil if that's what a mod said.

Edit: HOLY SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSAqwpv2cAM

Just saw this video and I'm in love with Yosuke. He reminds me of Hazama only more bad ass. (If such a thing was even possible) Is it safe to say he plays like Hazama or who is he more akin to from BB?

Tizoc

GAF, I'm at work and and need something to pass the time, I'd appreciate some Kanji and/or some good ranbats of the game on YT please.

zlatko

Banned
So looking more into the characters to see how they play, it seems Naoto isn't for me even though that's who I was gravitated towards when the game announced since she was my waiiiifu in P4.

Yosuke and Akihiko look bad ass. Like I mentioned Yosuke looks like a quicker and deadlier Hazama to me. Akihiko's in your face style is great too, but I'm not liking how his combos end in a move that pushes the enemy away when mid screen.

Can't wait to get this later this year. :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How is he comparable to Hazama in your eyes? (I don't know anything about him besides that he spiderman's all over the stage)

He's always looked like the chipp of the game to me.(Low damage but high mobility and mixup options)

Also Naoto has been character I've been most interested in and that hasn't changed. Kinda worried how they'll change her in Version Up as current version Naoto is a character I really really want to play.

Aigis, Elizabeth, Narukami and Yukiko all look fun too. but of those I think I'd only want to play Aigis.

Fuck Kanji, fuck Chie fuck Mitsuru. In that order.

zlatko

Banned
How is he comparable to Hazama in your eyes? (I don't know anything about him besides that he spiderman's all over the stage)

He's always looked like the chipp of the game to me.(Low damage but high mobility and mixup options)

Also Naoto has been character I've been most interested in and that hasn't changed. Kinda worried how they'll change her in Version Up as current version Naoto is a character I really really want to play.

Aigis, Elizabeth, Narukami and Yukiko all look fun too. but of those I think I'd only want to play Aigis.

What you mentioned is what makes Yosuke seem the same as Hazma. Plus the knive/kunai aspect and how the air juggling he does for his combos is similar. His "super" even feels similar lol.

I can't put my finger on it, but I like it.

Chavelo

Chie defense force, rise!!

tupac-coachella-hologram.gif

AHA! IS THIS OUR CHANCE?

FSTEAK, MOTHERFUCKER!

* GALACTIC PUNT *

Chie defense force, rise!!

Great another chance to use this image:

CHIE DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQwrbLbkim8

New Shadow(Naoto) v Kaqn(Liz) set

Gonna watch during dinner tonight. Their Aegis and Naoto sets way back are what got me interested in both characters initially

This looks so hype, just watched the first 40 seconds and Shadow is makin' this ish look like a damn drive by with all the bullets he's slinging.

Tizoc

Is Tizoc gonna have to renovate a GAFfer's ass? (j/k ;3)

Speaking of my homie Kanji, I just watched this P4A match against Betty, and this being the first time I've seen the character in a match...does she have the lowest health in the game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrVm18QQZ88

Infinite

Some patch notes imma cp from dustloop

System changes
after the round ends, you won't get burst meter after 3-hits in a combo
when using SB aka EX moves, you will gain SP meter on top of your SP gain being limited?
fear status: you are no longer able to break throws
max burst: only takes 67% of your burst gauge instead of 68% now
all skills that use SP: your SP gain will now continue even if you use SP moves in a combo
minijump: can no longer cancel the startup into specials

Narukami Yuu
j.2A now combos into j.D
j.D falls faster
2B hitbox has been adjusted
D ziodyne blackout timing (the stage?) is now the same as C's

Satonaka Chie
5B is no longer a fatal counter
SB nouten otoshi (236AorB): knockback on second hit has increased
all specials and SP specials: when charged up, they are all fatal counter
hyper counter (B+D): damage increases if charged up now
god hand (236236CorD): starting proration has been strengthened...?
is now ch state for the entirety of the move

Amagi Yukiko
2B: move is faster overall, duration of the entire move has been decreased
5AA: startup decreased, is faster
SB maharagi: attack startup and persona recovery time is now the same as the D version

Tatsumi Kanji
5B hitback on ground hit and guard is now 0
5B now vacuums on ground ch
j.A hitbox buffed
Ground throw: dash momentum increased, damage up
Uzatte! (B+D) follow up window has decreased, recovery increased
Tsukame! (236+CorD) c ver: if input when crossed up, it'll face the opponent now
Tsukame d ver: when you are on standby the persona is invincible
236236AorB: regarding the chair swing after the attack, the SP gain has been increased on hit and block

Kuma/Teddy
Dr. Pepper NEO: SP gain has been doubled
Denden Taiko: now generates SP on hit or block
Object X: SP gain is now 0

Shirogane Naoto
03:53 dakanya: fate counter: recovers faster starting from the beginning of the round
03:54 dakanya: seigi no tate, the shield of justice: can only use specials during the hitstop
when the opponent gets caught?

i dont really know naoto at all so i got confused by the next thing and skipped to labrys per request

Kirijou Mitsuru
2B invulernability vs jumping attacks is earlier now
2D has a better hitbox
j.A has a bigger hurtbox and the untech time on ch has been decreased
236236B startup is faster
{4}6+A: for the entirety of the move she is in ch state
Bufudyne: hitbox has been adjusted
Mabufudyne: when her persona is off-screen, the delayed startup has been decreased
Mabufudyne: the range where her persona won't warp has been widened

labyrs
04:06 Greats: i guess regular labrys got a slight nerf in that she can't raise axe level by
hitting your dead body (oh no!)
04:07 dakanya: FIVE STYLES: SLASH AXE: mashing B+D before the attack will let you charge it

04:08 dakanya: GUILLOTINE AXE: ch hurtbox recovery has been erased?
04:08 dakanya: actually i dont get it this move seems to have something special about it
04:08 dakanya: i dunno
04:09 dakanya: STRINGER "SWORD" B, C, D: recovery on all moves has been changed to match the A version
04:10 dakanya: STRINGER "CHARIOT PUNISHMENT" ??? startup is faster

Source

Not the full list but I would do something about the paralysis state. Like if you get hit while paralyzed it should wear off or something.

SUPARSTARX

What exactly was a major done to her, if any?

Removed her one button fatal counter from 5B (high kick), shifted it to charged up specials/EX-specials. Fatal counters basically enable longer hit stun and damage multipliers. That's where all her 6k to 8k combos came off of. Just makes her big damage a little less easy to do. Putting it on specials should be just as good in theory. We'll see though!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There are no major nerfs to any of the top characters based on that list

but I don't think that's the full list

NEXT TIME CHIE FORCE!

Top Bottom