• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - New Info in Persona Magazine

This whole idea that "Oh no! don't take valuable resources from P-Studios!" isn't the intent. If they were to remaster/remake P3, or remake P1 P2 IS and EP, they don't necessarily need to be done by P-studios. They can outsource these games while overlooking their development.
[...]
If you can stomach the originals tediousness then just play it on a Vita or PSTV. Why bother putting out P1 P2 EP/IS on the PS4, when they are still barely putting PS2 games on the PS4.

Doing half-assed ports of Persona is not really what Atlus does. I think they'd be very reluctant to outsource a mainline game, especially one as beloved as P3.

I don't really want to buy a Vita (or have another box in my living room), but more importantly having Persona 2 on the PS4 means that it would be more likely to be available for future Sony consoles, now that they've standardized on Intel chips. So from an archivist perspective, I think having all the SMT and Persona games on the PS4 is something we should all hope for.

I can't wait to see how they improve the social links. That's honestly what I'm most excited for. Fuck your training Akihiko. I gotta help my boy Kenji get laid. Yukiko is in the TV world? Bruh I've got like two weeks before she dies. Let see what the fuck is up with Daisuke and his hate of women.

... who the hell prefers to spend time with fucking Kenji over Akihiko?

StereoVsn

yes, he did. I see no reason to doubt him. The fact that 2015 legitimately seemed planned for release means they probably are just polishing, adding in more details to the dungeons and maybe filling dialogue a bit more.
That doesnt usually cause an almost a year long delay.

That doesnt usually cause an almost a year long delay.

Games that were delayed 7+ months this gen:

Driveclub
The Witcher 3
Deus Ex
Dragon Age Inquisition

Except DC, all of the above are meaty 50+ hour RPGs.

Also, FFXV is also a game where even though it's "content complete" as of late last year, "polishing" the game is taking at least 6 months to a year.

RPGs are games that take a looooong time in beta.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Obviously, but I don't think that's a point against a 4-6 month marketing cycle, do you?

How does that correlate, though? That it didn't happen last year doesn't mean it can't happen this year...

it doesn't! my point is, saying 'this happened, so maybe it'll happen again' is saying absolutely nothing! atlus's clearly demonstrated that it doesn't always happen, so saying 'this's exactly what they did with p3/p4' is about as relevant as saying 'this's exactly what my grandmother used to do' :) ...

Paltheos

Hopefully the dungeons are a step up. Persona 4 dungeons are just awful - By far the weakest parts of an otherwise very good game.

Espada

Goddamn, the more snippets the release about this game the harder the wait is. I'm just worried that we won't see this in the states until early 2017. Atlus isn't inspiring much confidence with these delays.

BTW, what relevance does Quarter American even have? If you want to make a blonde haired, blue-eyed Japanese girl just do it. This just sounds like a crappy excuse to do so.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Persona 3 MC positioned at the center confirmed best Persona MC.

Anyways, GIVE IT TO MEEEE. I am BORED to death with all the P4 milking so GIIIIVEE IT TO MEEEEEEEE.

remember when this was supposed to come out in 2014? :p

all joking aside I am still looking forward to it but a little concerned about the lack of information aside from that one trailer we got.

I have a really good feeling about dungeons this time. Freaking hyped!!

Also, that's a really weirdly worded final sentence. I don't know whether to get excited or just not think about it.

FluxWaveZ

it doesn't! my point is, saying 'this happened, so maybe it'll happen again' is saying absolutely nothing! atlus's clearly demonstrated that it doesn't always happen, so saying 'this's exactly what they did with p3/p4' is about as relevant as saying 'this's exactly what my grandmother used to do' :) ...

Then you're addressing something neither of us said. Follow the actual conversation. My reply was to the comment "Seems a bit on the short side," in relation to the time frame for Persona 5's marketing cycle. Stating that this is what Atlus normally does in terms of their active marketing pushes is valid, all the way up to their most recent release of Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, announced in October 2015 and released 4 months later.

Do you think that 6 months of active marketing for Persona 5 is on the short side? Because if not, your replies do not make any sense and they are not addressing what was actually being said.

Will be cool if the Social Link system in 5 is a more organic development of characters and relationships than the 10 step thing. Curious to know what that's like.

FluxWaveZ

I have a really good feeling about dungeons this time. Freaking hyped!!

Also, that's a really weirdly worded final sentence. I don't know whether to get excited or just not think about it.

Yeah, the Gematsu translation for that one is a bit weird. I think the Siliconera one is clearer:
Heading into the Persona series’ 20th anniversary, Hashino hopes they can make an announcement to please the fans, but he hopes everyone looks forward to Persona 5 first.
It's what Kazuhisa Wada also said in a PlayStation Dengeki interview in January. Basically: they've got a bunch of Persona stuff planned for 2016, and it all starts with the release of Persona 5 in the summer.

Yeah, the Gematsu translation for that one is a bit weird. I think the Siliconera one is clearer:

It's what Kazuhisa Wada also said in a PlayStation Dengeki interview in January. Basically: they've got a bunch of Persona stuff planned for 2016, and it all starts with the release of Persona 5 in the summer.

Okay cool, that sounds more coherent. Maybe more Concert stuff or whatever.

I have very little faith this could ever happen as long as the protagonist is still a silent character.

Alright, well whatever, man.

FluxWaveZ

I have very little faith this could ever happen as long as the protagonist is still a silent character.

Sine tried to dismiss it before, but I still think the fact that the system is now presumably called "Cooperation" is important. The interactions could potentially be less about 1-on-1 conversation, and more about action from the protagonist. Or some other structure that doesn't depend on listening to another character's problems, and then giving the correct sentence as a reply to maximize points.

At least, maybe the silence will make more sense with P5's protagonist and his demeanor compared to P4's protagonist. Still think he won't be completely silent, given the fact that he says a full sentence on his official web page, which is something none of the other Persona protagonists ever did in their introductory titles.

Doing half-assed ports of Persona is not really what Atlus does. I think they'd be very reluctant to outsource a mainline game, especially one as beloved as P3.

I don't really want to buy a Vita (or have another box in my living room), but more importantly having Persona 2 on the PS4 means that it would be more likely to be available for future Sony consoles, now that they've standardized on Intel chips. So from an archivist perspective, I think having all the SMT and Persona games on the PS4 is something we should all hope for.

Who ever said outsourcing them will mean they are going to be half-assed? It would be in Atlus' best interest if they remade the PS1 and PS2 mainline games to be made well. Hence, why I mention, their involvement in managing and overlooking their products even if most of the work is being done by another studio.

Oh yeah having Persona 2 on the PS4 will mean it will be available on future consoles. I mean look at all that awesome PS1 backwards compatibility on the PS4. Oh wait...

Sine tried to dismiss it before, but I still think the fact that the system is now presumably called "Cooperation" is important. The interactions could potentially be less about 1-on-1 conversation, and more about action from the protagonist. Or some other structure that doesn't depend on listening to another character's problems, and then giving the correct sentence as a reply to maximize points.

At least, maybe the silence will make more sense with P5's protagonist and his demeanor compared to P4's protagonist. Still think he won't be completely silent, given the fact that he says a full sentence on his official web page, which is something none of the other Persona protagonists ever did in their introductory titles.

I hope so. If they couldn't actually make this protagonist be more involved in an organic conversations, maybe they could just let the, er, Social-Linkee interact with the world around them and solve their problems themselves and just be there as an observer-slash-muscle instead of some sort of emotional supercrutch.

Also, what little I heard of the Persona 5's protagonist's lines sound suave as heck. So here's hoping for little more of those compared to the previous titles.

Well Bluepoint has a very good reputation with making fantastic remasters, so don't see why not have them do the ports with Atlus checking on their progress occasionally.

A Persona 3 Action Spin Off with Aigis as the Lead.

That already exists. :p

gk7IBAf.png

labx

Banned

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
"one quarter American"
"has blonde hair and blue eyes"
That's not how recessive genes work!

Indeed, but Ryujii is also just blond which wouldn't make sense as he's not even a quarter non-Japanese. The reason is probably anime, don't overthink it.

I do think Ann could end up being a pretty cool character, excited to try my first Persona game, I've heard nothing but good things.

Zekes!

I'm crossing my fingers for better dungeons too.

I actually liked the dungeon crawling in Persona 3, but felt it as more of a chore in 4.

Wake me up when this gets a REAL USA release date. Everyone who really thinks it will be released this year in the US is just as delusional as those who were so convinced it was going to be released last year.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Ryuji probably dyes his hair. Chie, Yosuke and Kanji dyed their hair in Persona 4.

That's a good point, but Ann having blue eyes can just be dismissed because of the anime aesthetics. Anime designs are not exactly realistic so she was probably just given blue eyes to identify her as one quarter Caucasian all the same, even if such a recessive gene would be unlikely to appear quite like that. She wears a letterman jacket, likely to show she's of US origin as well.

Surely, they needed the extra time to make the vita port

I'm happy that it's not being held back by the Vita.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This game is looking to be one of the best games out this year....if we in the west et it that is

Top Bottom