• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright DS barebones port to Wiiware. Capgod strikes again!

Haunted

Capgod strikes again.

wait what

VideoMan said:
3478eab71e44145f0756c669c2597ff0.jpg
VideoMan said:
Doesn't even look like they're from the same game, how inconsistent and weird this looks.

Having image quality like the second screen would be acceptable (bar the frame).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
... You know, I am a sucker. I have to at least give one version a try. Maybe I can hold out till the $3 case 1-5 comes out.

Osuwari

fuck.

the only way i was going to double dip was higher res assets.

now i'm glad i got all of them on DS before they were gone.

Yaweee

Well, that's ugly. At least it's cheaper than the DS versions (which can be hard to find, too). The laziness in the port makes it unlikely that they'll increase the text speed, or allow you to skip text from the get-go.

Haunted

Ranger X said:
Blown up DS game?

Where does the image with the Wiimote comes from?

Tutorial screen made for the Wii version. You can actually see how sloppily it's laid over the original low-res picture.

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for a Monkey Island remake-style switch between GBA and hi-res assets in this game?

:(

HUELEN10

VideoMan said:
Capcom...
96c77d.jpg

I was going to buy all of them day 1, but you've seriously dropped the ball. :(

Being the sucker that I am for Ace Attorney though, I will get episode 5 from the first game when it becomes available. New assets look amazing though. ;_;

Edit: Also, I am calling a DOUBLEFAIL for no WiiSpeak support.

Haunted

Here's what I don't get. Jocchan says they have high res art assets for the whole series. That Wii tutorial screen looks excellent, easily on par with said assets.

Why use the GBA assets for this at all?

markot

Banned
The screen with PW and the wiimote looks soooooooo wrong. srsly, I wouldnt want a decent res version if it all looked like that...

Haunted

HUELEN10 said:
Because it's cheaper.
If they really have the assets at hand, it should be a simple switch job.

Creating that Wii tutorial screen and those two promotional artworks probably took more effort than switching the assets would have!

le sigh

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Haunted said:
Tutorial screen made for the Wii version. You can actually see how sloppily it's laid over the original low-res picture.

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for a Monkey Island remake-style switch between GBA and hi-res assets in this game?

:(
That's the best part!

Edgeward

:lol I didn't expect the port to be this cheap. I very much prefer voice command than swinging of the wiimote anyway. *hugs DS*

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Guarantee you, before this comes out someone from Capcom will come out and say, "Hey, if the Wii fans like this we might think of releasing some other Phoenix Wright stuff on Wii WINK WINK!"

Capcom's pulled this test stuff with Phoenix Wright before. They did it on DS, they'll do it again.

Htown said:
Guarantee you, before this comes out someone from Capcom will come out and say, "Hey, if the Wii fans like this we might think of releasing some other Phoenix Wright stuff on Wii WINK WINK!"

Capcom's pulled this test stuff with Phoenix Wright before. They did it on DS, they'll do it again.

They already did in the video Huelen posted.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I love Capcom so much...I really do. I've even named them as my favorite dev this gen.

But every now and then they go and pull a stunt like this and...*sigh*

Come on, Capcom.

HUELEN10

Seraphis Cain said:
Man, I love Capcom so much...I really do. I've even named them as my favorite dev this gen.

But every now and then they go and pull a stunt like this and...*sigh*

Come on, Capcom.
Thank you for reminding me that I have yet to submit "pulling a Sonic 06" into Urban Dictionary. This will be a perfect example. :lol

Top Bottom