• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 release date: Japan July 14th, US August 4th

Seda

iVkXoiCT3VzUg.bmp

ibghYRZ75KRrjk.bmp

ibqOF0I1Ak8N3r.bmp

inxxLcp5doKKW.bmp

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I fucking hate the Wii U

It's the worst system of all time.

By this logic, the PS1, PS2, and DS are also the worst systems of all time.

But we go through this every generation, with every new game console. No matter how good or bad a console turns out to be over its lifespan, the first six months to one year of most game consoles have involved a terrible software drought to some degree.

And every time, people say they're horrible, worst console ever, etc.

zroid

Banned
August 4th ;_;

my pre-order is ready
it's been ready for almost a year

my god those flying Pikmin are ADORBS. Even with the bug eyes!

By this logic, the PS1, PS2, and DS are also the worst systems of all time.

But we go through this every generation, with every new game console. No matter how good or bad a console turns out to be over its lifespan, the first six months to one year of most game consoles have involved a terrible software drought to some degree.

And every time, people say they're horrible, worst console ever, etc.

I like his post, and his style. Honest, straight to the point, and to be fair... on the money.

Those screens look better, you can see the textures have been upgraded. Runs at 60fps, right?

Holy crap, those YouTube videos are compressed to hell and back.

If you have a Wii U, watch the footage there. Night and day difference.

Game won't win any technical awards but the graphics look pretty damn serviceable to me. (I reserve the right to alter opinion at release)

Gartooth

OK I'm glad that the game actually has a release date now, Nintendo being vague on the Nintendo Direct was worrying me. Still pissed how the game suddenly slipped from late spring to August.

Graphics are actually pretty solid, excellent use of DF. The models have a nice shiny, shimmery look to them too.

Edit: Ground textures are terrible from the screens above, although will you even be playing that up close.

F#A#Oo

Banned
This is the most disappointing thing for me...

Nintendo should never have hyped me up for it...I bought a Wii U for Pikmin 3 thinking launch window... :(

VXLbeast

I really, really want to be excited for this game. I adore the Pikmin games. Pad support, Nintendo? Anything at all to change how this game plays? Please?

Edit: Rock Pikmin are adorable, flying ones are hideous.

But I want it now.

If they delayed this game all the way to August 4th and still didn't add an online component to the already existing multiplayer mode, I'm going to be pissed. I'll still buy it because Pikmin is one of Nintendo's best franchises, but I'll shake my fist at the sky first.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really, really want to be excited for this game. I adore the Pikmin games. Pad support, Nintendo? Anything at all to change how this game plays? Please?

I'm pretty sure you can play with a variety of controllers, certainly you can choose Remote or GamePad. I don't know about the Pro controller.

Mit-

It's like it was only yesterday when I was telling the Nintendo faithful I wouldn't buy a Wii U until 2 megaton games were released for it, and they were all screaming that Pikmin 3 would be out by launch window.

I knew this was never going to make launch window. Now I'm questioning whether or not this extreme delay is because they want a more strategic release date to make up for the Wii U's extreme lack of games, and perhaps it's continued lack of games this holiday season, or because the game just wasn't done.

Darryl

Banned
"launch window", LOL. well it'll be here soon enough. looks fantastic. hopefully they're making good use of this extra time.

NotLiquid

It's like it was only yesterday when I was telling the Nintendo faithful I wouldn't buy a Wii U until 2 megaton games were released for it, and they were all screaming that Pikmin 3 would be out by launch window.

I knew this was never going to make launch window. Now I'm questioning whether or not this extreme delay is because they want a more strategic release date to make up for the Wii U's extreme lack of games, and perhaps it's continued lack of games this holiday season, or because the game just wasn't done.

Could be both. Pikmin 3 was made by an incredibly small team at Nintendo. At the same time with the recent performances and game delays you'd expect Nintendo to do an organized effort to push games out and quickly salvage game sales.

Might not be too far out to think that it's strategic postponing and Nintendo's just biting the bullet with this already bad period for them seeing how Iwata wants next year to see a massive increase. Some of their bigger titles would probably help add to that which is also why people are expecting a bigger E3.

Mit-

Could be both. Pikmin 3 was made by an incredibly small team at Nintendo. At the same time with the recent performances and game delays you'd expect Nintendo to do an organized effort to push games out and quickly salvage game sales.

Might not be too far out to think that it's strategic postponing and Nintendo's just biting the bullet with this already bad period for them seeing how Iwata wants next year to see a massive increase. Some of their bigger titles would probably help add to that which is also why people are expecting a bigger E3.

Pushing this to post-E3 has me worried, though. It at least has me worried for 2013. I was hoping for a 3D Mario this year but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised if all we get is Pikmin 3 in the fall and Wind Waker HD during the holidays.

Then next year would be like 2008 all over again, with Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and a new 3D Mario.

Mononoke

Banned
I hate August release dates. My summer for college always starts June-August. But i go back mid-august. And every year there is a game I would have loved to play during the summer that gets pushed out when i head back to school.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
My expectations are so low for Nintendo right now that August is actually better than I expected.

I was thinking of this earlier. Knowing Nintendo, there is no way all of these games are goine to come out this year. I would bet everything from Nintendo is delayed into 2014 except the following. Keep in mind this is just Nintendo games not the others.

August - Pikmin
September - Wind Waker
October - W101
November - Yoshi Yarn
December Wii Fit U

I just dont see Bayonetta , Smash 4, FEXSMT or 3d Mario releasing this year.
Mario Kart will probably come out this year.

flattie

I don't mind the delay for this seeing as it could very well be the last time we see a Pikmin game for a long time (if ever). I'd rather they took their time and made it as good as it can be.

Shiggy

Looks good enough for me. The art direction saves the visual impression. I absolutely love the characters design.

TDLink

August 4th is way too long for this game. Huge mistake from Nintendo for not getting it out earlier. I hope they have Wonderful 101 coming before then...if it is even later then sales are going to get worse before they get better.

web01

I hate the pink and rock Pikmin they deviate too much from the design the the original Pikmin.
Purple and White Pikmin were much better. /opinion

Top Bottom