• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Darryl

Banned
Let's lynch Burbeting and Palmer now.

My hunch that WhereDragonz was sniped during the day to deflect my attempts to lead a bandwagon onto Swamped looks very accurate. If so, the two guilty parties were Burbeting and Palmer. They both waited until the last minute to bus Swamped, too. Probably posturing. The two appear to me to be acting in unison. Swamped stood her neck out for Palmer. Very suspect.

The alternative here is Verelios and Blarg. The split the vote angle was a smart play if it was real, but I was playing that up yesterday for dramatic effect to try to kill Swamped. Votes getting split last minute happens all of the time and it's not unusual whatsoever for a town to do it without thinking. Kinda funny that people latched onto it already, no? The suspects mentioned above, too. For scum, it is a play that is long-winded so it does fit my profile for how scum Blarg would try to play. His posts haven't rung true to me. I didn't like Sawneeks day 1.

So now I am confused.

Two scum camps:

Burbeting & Palmer
Verelios & Blarg

I've been assuming LL was 1 shot BP. If he's ascetic to scum team and a confirmed townie, that's an incredibly powerful role.

What if the mafia night actions are all variations on pineapple pizza giving, so he would be protected against all of those? Maybe not against the night kill, since that's a poisoned pizza. (Though actually reading the flavor for today, it looks like night kills take different forms...)

Palmer_v1

Let's lynch Burbeting and Palmer now.

My hunch that WhereDragonz was sniped during the day to deflect my attempts to lead a bandwagon onto Swamped looks very accurate. If so, the two guilty parties were Burbeting and Palmer. They both waited until the last minute to bus Swamped, too. Probably posturing. The two appear to me to be acting in unison. Swamped stood her neck out for Palmer. Very suspect.

The alternative here is Verelios and Blarg. The split the vote angle was a smart play if it was real, but I was playing that up yesterday for dramatic effect to try to kill Swamped. Votes getting split last minute happens all of the time and it's not unusual whatsoever for a town to do it without thinking. Kinda funny that people latched onto it already, no? The suspects mentioned above, too. For scum, it is a play that is long-winded so it does fit my profile for how scum Blarg would try to play. His posts haven't rung true to me. I didn't like Sawneeks day 1.

So now I am confused.

Two scum camps:

Burbeting & Palmer
Verelios & Blarg

I feel like you just missed monkey's posts.

Aside from that, do you think Swamped and I, as scum teammates, would both claim vanilla townie, in a role madness game?

Burbeting

Banned
What if the mafia night actions are all variations on pineapple pizza giving, so he would be protected against all of those? Maybe not against the night kill, since that's a poisoned pizza. (Though actually reading the flavor for today, it looks like night kills take different forms...)

Innocent child who is also immune to all mafia actions other than NK still seems pretty OP.

Also yeah, I assume Darryl didn't read monkey's post.

Since Sky seemed to get that I was hinting him and he said okay, yes, my green check was SkyOdin. He was just so weird d1.

Other people I considered checking last night were Burb, Darryl, and Verelios, but I figured I'd been so anti-Blarg d1 and jumped in when he was on Palmer that he was the best choice. And I'm really glad I did. I'd have saved my shots for when the pool got drained a bit, but since I get read weird no matter what I do, I figured I'd better burn my shots.

Palmer_v1

Innocent child who is also immune to all mafia actions other than NK still seems pretty OP.

Also yeah, I assume Darryl didn't read monkey's post.

I'm waiting patiently for his follow up. I do't blame him, really. I was wrong as fuck about Swamped, and nearly bandwagoned 30, though I Swamped's flip doesn't take away from my theory there.

Why did she fuck up on her votes D1? To protect BB? Again, the double vanilla scum claims seems absurd, but here we are with 3 unconfirmed still.

I'm waiting patiently for his follow up. I do't blame him, really. I was wrong as fuck about Swamped, and nearly bandwagoned 30, though I Swamped's flip doesn't take away from my theory there.

Why did she fuck up on her votes D1? To protect BB? Again, the double vanilla scum claims seems absurd, but here we are with 3 unconfirmed still.

I guess we need to start talking about BB, as well as yourself, though I'm honestly very inclined to believe you are town at this point. That last minute shift doesn't really link to the off-wagon from 30...

cz4ouIz.png

Sup pizza people

I'm still catching up but I'll post some thoughts in a few hours, it's a nice distraction from Friday work lol

Burbeting

Banned
I do think Palmer could have easily stayed on acohrs vote, instead of jumping back to swamped, so him jumping back does make me feel better about him.

However, acohrs could in theory be scum too. I doubt he is, but it would change the vote dynamics of yesterday.

I still think it's weird how Burb and Palmer are basically like tied at the brain but I'm also less inclined to suspect either right now.

I gotta go do some stuff, but I'd like to say I'm against turboing Blarg early because I think we do have some investigative work to do and I'd like to hear from him to see what story he cooks up.

SkyOdin

Since Sky seemed to get that I was hinting him and he said okay, yes, my green check was SkyOdin. He was just so weird d1.

Other people I considered checking last night were Burb, Darryl, and Verelios, but I figured I'd been so anti-Blarg d1 and jumped in when he was on Palmer that he was the best choice. And I'm really glad I did. I'd have saved my shots for when the pool got drained a bit, but since I get read weird no matter what I do, I figured I'd better burn my shots.
Yeah, I had suspected that. Thanks for mixing my name as a town clear with such certainty in among other reads. It was a good place to hide a green check, though weird enough compared to the prior day's reads for me to catch it.

This will lend some credence to the outlandish and shocking role claim I was planning to make today.

Darryl

Banned
I feel like you just missed monkey's posts.

Aside from that, do you think Swamped and I, as scum teammates, would both claim vanilla townie, in a role madness game?

Ya I saw them but didn't read them. Hey monkeys long form style is really exhausting to read. I gotta sit back and watch the claims unfold I suppose

I dunno. I don't think that is a smoking gun proving you town. It's possible, ya. Why not?

Palmer_v1

I do think Palmer could have easily stayed on acohrs vote, instead of jumping back to swamped, so him jumping back does make me feel better about him.

However, acohrs could in theory be scum too. I doubt he is, but it would change the vote dynamics of yesterday.

That seems like really bad scum play if so. Swamped was a VERY early push, so they had all day to get a train on someone else. Unless you think my 30/TTK plan was that push, there's no way acohrs was scum too.

He could be neutral though.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Ya I saw them but didn't read them. Hey monkeys long form style is really exhausting to read. I gotta sit back and watch the claims unfold I suppose

I dunno. I don't think that is a smoking gun proving you town. It's possible, ya. Why not?

Were you scumreading hey_monkey going into today? I know I was.

hey_monkey, no RC is complete without a role name and flavor

don't go half-assing on us, y'hear

Oh, sure, before I go then: I'm an Authentic Neapolitan Pizza Lover. Because I'm such a hardcore pizza person, I know what's up between real pizza and fake shitty wannabe pizza (like, y'know, with pineapple).

Burbeting

Banned
So the situation is right now.

List of Pizza Warriors (none of the claims are confirmed)
05. [m] SkyOdin - PDT - Claimed to be Town by Hey_Monkey
06. [f] hey_monkey - EST - Claimed to be Town 2-shot Cop
09. [m] Palmer_v1 - CST - Claimed to be Vanilla
10. [m] Blargonaut - GMT - Claimed to be Not Town by Hey_Monkey
14. [m] BlackBuzzard - CET - Claimed to be Vanilla
16. [m] acohrs - GMT - Claimed to be Vanilla

01. [m] isaacnukem - New - UTC+8
02. [m] Moonkid - New - GMT+12 Replaced by [m] LaunchpadMcQ.
03. [they] Darryl - EST
04. [m] Lifeline - EST
08. [m] Dr. Worm - EST
11. [f] Sawneeks - PST Replaced by [m] Verelios
12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - GMT+10 Replaced by [f] timetokill
13. [m] oreomunsta - GMT Replaced by [m] Nomadic Sparks
15. [m] Burbeting - GMT+2
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12

I'd like to thank god, the Academy, my mother, and the mafia for not night killing me so I can say some things.

First, Natiko is the real motherfucking MVP for saving the vote. WAY TO GO. (I had this pre-prepared so now fake edit for DAMN, RIP NATIKO, WE HARDLY APPRECIATED YOU AND YOU SAVED THE DAY)

Second, I was wrong and I feel DUMB because I should have known better. I SAID Swamped was being defensive and not really scum hunting and I ignored my own damn observation. I just had a hard time with the vote thing but I was wrong and I learned and I'm sorry. I should have known. I should have known. I should have known. I went back and looked at my own posts and kicked myself.

I'm also sorry to Palmer, conditionally, because I can't say for sure who or what he is, but I'm sorry anyhow, because--

I was a cop. I say was because I had two shots and they're gone so now I'm basically vanilla. I got a green check on someone d1 but I don't know if I should say outright, though I did seed several hints d2. Last night, I waffled. I was afraid if I checked someone I aligned with and they were green I wouldn't be believed, but I wasn't harboring major suspicions on anyone really pushing the Swamped vote, just smaller ones. I knew no one would believe me if I checked Palmer and he was red. So I checked Blarg, since I suspected him d1 and I was going along with what he was saying. If he was green, I wasn't going to speak up yet, but he's not. Unless the game is bastard, he's not aligned with town. He may be neutral. My results were just NOT TOWN.
Why are you claiming cop this early?

Darryl

Banned
I mean, Darryl can't read my posts so how could he? lol I guess.

But I figured there'd be some doubt on me after yesterday. Totally understandable. I'd doubt me, too.

back later, y'all.

Were you scumreading hey_monkey going into today? I know I was.

This answer was pretty accurate. I don't think I have given hey_monkey a good enough of a read. Posts felt largely insignificant, my attempts to read into them because of their insignificance gave me impressions of misguided town. I guess it could go one way or the other.

We could have a framer. The roles are not adding up. This game is too bastard for how vanilla it is. We could be walking into a setup.

Palmer_v1

I still think it's weird how Burb and Palmer are basically like tied at the brain but I'm also less inclined to suspect either right now.

I gotta go do some stuff, but I'd like to say I'm against turboing Blarg early because I think we do have some investigative work to do and I'd like to hear from him to see what story he cooks up.

Dunno what to say in regards to Burb and I. I can't be sure yet, but it might be first time we were on the same team. He and I talk in discord fairly often about gaf meta vs other metas, among other things. I still have niggling doubts about him, but that's mostly a psychology thing, where I want to disbelieve him, because I don't want to look like a fool if I'm wrong. Lot of town get fucked over because of that kinda thing.

It's too obvious from where I'm sitting. They'd try to be at odds with each other or disconnected.

I think we're getting shipped, bear.

hey_monkey, no RC is complete without a role name and flavor

don't go half-assing on us, y'hear

Valid point. No reason not to provide us your name, and paraphrased fluff.

No, but you presented two pairs, one of which has a semi-confirmed scum in it, so your logic amuses me right now.

Why are you claiming cop this early?

Because I had two shots and they're gone so there's no reason for me to hang back. Explained use of of shots early in previous post.

Ran back in here because I just remembered: should we revisit Blarg's read assignment pairs or is that too obvious?

Okay, NOW I'm out. If you missed it, my full claim is above with paraphrased flavor and all.

Darryl

Banned
How likely do you think a framer is a game where a miller already exists, and the cop seems to be a 2-shot?

I don't see how those two really change a framer. I mean when we lynch Blarg today, we may get a false title. It might say he's scum and he's town. This is the setup I'm talking about. So, in regards to hey-monkey being scum, I can see them being scum in that scenario. Yes

Burbeting

Banned
I don't see how those two really change a framer. I mean when we lynch Blarg today, we may get a false title. It might say he's scum and he's town. This is the setup I'm talking about. So, in regards to hey-monkey being scum, I can see them being scum in that scenario. Yes

Miller still confirms that there is most likely a cop in this game. Do you think monkey is trying to bait a real cop to counter claim?

Darryl

Banned
Miller still confirms that there is most likely a cop in this game. Do you think monkey is trying to bait a real cop to counter claim?

You're right. That's a good point. There has to be a cop. If there is a real cop that isn't monkey, don't keep quiet. Please counter claim.

Verelios

So, a cop claim early is good and barring any counterclaims I think Monkey is legit. This doesn't however absolve Palmer in my mind, nor does Swamps flip yesterday in light of a last minute vote shuffle orchestrated by Burb and him.

It's a bad plan because even if there's a real cop out there, they may just think hey_monkey is a double. I know it's unlikely, but who really knows. The best way to handle this is test the claim, and if it pans out, we move on from there; if not, we lynch monkey next day phase.

Burbeting

Banned
I don't think there is a framer, but that's more due to my own personal bias of thinking that it's a heavily bastard role. Can't count out the possibility completely, though.

Palmer_v1

So D2, scum set up a plan. Natiko claims miller so that on N2, they can frame and kill him to provide cover for their cop claim to lynch blarg, who they had to have framed N1? I guess Skyodin could be in on it since he's the N1 blue check.

This risks a cop counter claim though. If they do claim, we can kill them before scum can frame them, and unravel the whole thing. bad plan. too convoluted.

Lifeline

Blarg knowing so much about my role and motivations and his last second Palmer distraction routine makes him the top scum pick for me. I just thought he was a smart townie.

giphy.gif

Also if Blarg ends up being neutral and not mafia, I hope no one trusts Monkey as confirmed town.

Don't forget this bit

I agree with Blarg's assessment of Palmer so this will work for me.

vote: acohrs

I do hope LL will explain why he decided to create a tie just 1 minute before day end yesterday. And then that final post where he begged to be killed, too.

I came in like 15 mins before day end and was trying to catch up on any new developments. I noticed Launch's bs vote on 30, but he also said he had tie breaker tabs lined up. So I wanted to force him to make a real vote. If you look at the day end, I had both posts ready to go if Launch didn't do anything to move it back out of a tie. I removed my vote from the last post after Natiko voted instead.

I obviously missed that Launch had already moved out of 30 and had voted for Swamped. So my bad. At least Natiko got confirmed town from it. But he's dead. He stole death's sweet pineapple flavored embrace from me. Damn him.

814230.gif

Dr. Worm

Banned
So D2, scum set up a plan. Natiko claims miller so that on N2, they can frame and kill him to provide cover for their cop claim to lynch blarg, who they had to have framed N1? I guess Skyodin could be in on it since he's the N1 blue check.

This risks a cop counter claim though. If they do claim, we can kill them before scum can frame them, and unravel the whole thing. bad plan. too convoluted.

This also assumes you get multiple shots from a supposed Framer.

I'm in Darryl's camp here, even though his behavior today is super shady so far.

Who knows how many uses this hypothetical cop has, though. If he/she counter claims, yet still has uses, that's a bad move. There's no guarantee of them having 2 uses like monkey says she does.

Darryl

Banned

Lmao. Now you're thinking on my level. Absolute paranoia. What if everything is a lie?

Verelios

I definitely do think there's a cop but I'm also of the mind that there's more than one investigative power (because role madness)

SkyOdin

This answer was pretty accurate. I don't think I have given hey_monkey a good enough of a read. Posts felt largely insignificant, my attempts to read into them because of their insignificance gave me impressions of misguided town. I guess it could go one way or the other.

We could have a framer. The roles are not adding up. This game is too bastard for how vanilla it is. We could be walking into a setup.
I can perhaps shine some more light on our situation.

I am town's Beloved Princess.

What this means is that if I die, the next day phase of the game will be skipped. In other words, two night phases will occur back to back. So, we would get double the number of mafia kills, along with the other night actions.

However, there is more. Something else will happen when I die. However, Sophia has informed me that this will be explained at sone later point in time, presumably when my power activates.

Now Beloved Princess, according to mafiascum's wiki, is only used in two formats: role madness games and games specifically built around the role. Furthermore, my role is clearly slightly bastard, since Sophia is being coy about some of the details.

Thus, we are not in some boring vanilla game.

Top Bottom