• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum talks about Bayo 1 on Wii U (took 1.5 years, also worked on by Bee Tribe)

Ezalc

Here is the Peach costume
Bayonetta Treehouse Footage: Peach Costume
nXIcO09.gif

Was not feeling the Peach costume at first glance. But like the Treehouse does so well, they showed me why I should be excited. Its superficial but the thought of Bowser being used like that is just awesome and hilarious!

Bayo1 stream starts at the 4h14m

Bayo2 Treehouse Footage Part1 starts at the 3h2m59s

Bayo2 Treehouse Footage Part 2 is on the Day 3 stream which hasn't been uploaded yet.

I actually don't mind waiting for Bayo1
Gives me more game to play when I'm done(And allows Bayo2 to have even more polish)!
Seeing the 60FPS footage on gamersyde makes me want to play through the silky smooth 60fps version.

The Nintendo bonuses make it even sweeter!

Thanks a lot man! There was no footage of the other two costumes correct?

This port is incredible. I had been hoping they'd port the first Bayonetta because I hadn't played it yet, and this incredible deal ensured I get both games day one.

<3 Platinum. <3 Nintendo.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they fixed the Durga/Kilgore glitch

That was one of the first things I would check.

But I don't think they will. And honestly I don't want them to. You don't rerelease super metroid with sequence breaking patched out.

Adding the costumes is nice but id like the port to be as 1:1 with the original port as possible.

Sickbean

Thank you based Nintendo/Platinum, you are the best.

Never played Bayo 1 due to rumours of the PS3 version being shonky. This news has made my week.

Bayonetta 1 now runs at a rock-solid 60 fps with no screen-tearing and what appears to be cleaner image quality. We can see this in the Gamersyde footage. It's looking GOOD.

It also has OPTIONAL touch controls (which everyone says are really well-done), as well as the option for Off-TV Play, and of course, Miiverse support.

And those Nintendo costumes aren't just for show. Bowser is one of Bayonetta's Wicked Weaves when she uses the Peach costume, and gold coins (as well as blue coins) fly out of enemies when they're defeated. Peach has her own unique whip weapon, while Link uses the Master Sword and Samus uses the arm cannon. Samus can even toggle her visor up and down, even during cutscenes.

This is the definitive edition of Bayonetta 1, a game where it wasn't unusual for people to invest 200+ hours... A game where multiple playthroughs are handsomely rewarded, and the sheer amount of content to unlock and combinations to try seem endless.

And it's included with the equally robust sequel... for FREE.

I. Can't. Get. Over. That. Value.

H.Y.P.E

Felensis

Banned
Day 1, but please release it on eshop as well, preferably bundling it with Bayo 2 digitally.

/e: nvm, just seen it confirmed earlier in the thread. FUCK YEAH Day 1 all-digital

AniHawk

i don't usually replay games, especially when the sequel is right around the corner, but ... yeah, this might just do it. great value.

casiopao

Play through Bayonetta 1 now, then enjoy its benefits on the Wii U in October after you beat Bayonetta 2 ;)

Bayonetta is my favorite 360 game, it's that good. Now if Nintendo could somehow scoop up a Vanquish 1 + 2 pack... I'd explode.

Omg vanquish 1+2 and imagine also Okami 1+2. HNGHHHHH do it nintyyyyy.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Bowser Demonic Punch in Bayonetta 1 and Majora's Mask Finisher in Hyrule Warriors are the two best moment of E3

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
nah dude

There won't be a huge quantity, but there will be quality games.

Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin, Mario3D world is just some of the quality titles available for the system.

Can you obtain one of those cute dinosaurs as your own to ride them?

It also has OPTIONAL touch controls (which everyone says are really well-done), as well as the option for Off-TV Play, and of course, Miiverse support.

Can´t wait to share my favourite crotch shots and ...what was the masturbating Angel called again ? Passion ? Delight ?

Only on Miiverse&#8482;

Poona

FWIW, I've asked Nintendo if Bayonetta will have a separate release on the eShop/Retail. Waiting on a reply.

Here's hoping its on disc alongside bayonetta 2 if you buy retail. I thought that was how it was going to be, now there's a whole bunch of confusion.

I thought that was a major reason for the xbones backflip as well. Majority prefer physical. You can actually hold it, rather than just a bunch of code sitting in a box.

The port took a year and a half? Is that normal time frame for porting a game over to another console? Seems like a really long time to me.

i hope it has a huge marketing campaign behind it.

Unfortunately, that is what I am really afraid of. Nintendo's marketing for Wii U and it's games are nonexistent from what I've seen. Hopefully, they can prove me wrong, but I doubt they will even remotely advertise or market this game, at least outside fo Japan.

Unfortunately, that is what I am really afraid of. Nintendo's marketing for Wii U and it's games are nonexistent from what I've seen. Hopefully, they can prove me wrong, but I doubt they will even remotely advertise or market this game, at least outside fo Japan.

They've been ramping up their marketing and advertising as of late, they've gotten some prime time commercial slots during the NBA playoffs and Finals as well as doing more to advertise games on talk shows and what not. I mean they actually paid for Smash Bros to get on Clueless Gamer on Conan so they've been more willing to advertise moreso than before.

Neiteio

Bowser Demonic Punch in Bayonetta 1 and Majora's Mask Finisher in Hyrule Warriors are the two best moment of E3
Yeah, definitely. Leveraging Nintendo's nastiest creations in creative new ways is something I can always get behind!

Can´t wait to share my favourite crotch shots and ...what was the masturbating Angel called again ? Passion ? Delight ?

Only on Miiverse™
I'll post it with the comment, "Does this rub anyone the wrong way?" lol

Monocle

Only on Miiverse™
My life will be complete once I've watched Joy's intro, where she spreads her legs and touches herself, on a Nintendo platform.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Peach, Samus and Link are all of the new costumes, it seems a bit crazy for them to show them all in one reveal.

It's for the port of an old game. Not the new game it's promoting

Well well, I'm researching Bee Tribe and finding out more of their roots, they were formed in April 2009, and they list some key members on their site:

Ryuta Takahashi
Koichi Minami (Bayonetta: Background Designer)
Shinji Utsunomiya (Bayonetta: Cinematic Design)
Hitoshi Nishimura
Tsuyoshi Tanabe

So two of them worked on Bayonetta 1. And JP said they had former Bayo 1 folks working on the Wii U version. All are former Capcom folks, and the first three are also Clover folks.

I wonder if Bee Tribe is involved with Bayo 2 at all? I'd imagine they are.

Well well, I'm researching Bee Tribe and finding out more of their roots, they were formed in April 2009, and they list some key members on their site:

Ryuta Takahashi
Koichi Minami (Bayonetta: Background Designer)
Shinji Utsunomiya (Bayonetta: Cinematic Design)
Hitoshi Nishimura
Tsuyoshi Tanabe

So two of them worked on Bayonetta 1. And JP said they had former Bayo 1 folks working on the Wii U version. All are former Capcom folks, and the first three are also Clover folks.

I wonder if Bee Tribe is involved with Bayo 2 at all? I'd imagine they are.

As far as I know, Platinum uses a lot of outsourcing in their development, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Top Bottom