• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience Event in December Discussion Thread 2 - What we Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapetile

Neo Member
Tickets are still in circulation. Just request them [preferably by quoting this image so that I can spot you more easiler]!
yuhtki.png

#freeAmir0x2014

I'd like to get in on this!
(Unless I'm in it and can't find myself. I asked back in the old thread. I swear I looked!)

Mr. RHC

Does anyone remember E3 2009?

1. Uncharted 2 melted our faces
2. PlayStation Move was unveiled
3. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker was exclusive to PSP
4. The Last Guardian trailer was publically announced
5. Gran Turismo 5 debuted
6. God of War 3 ENDED the show.

Do you think we'll ever get a show like that again?

I remember it well!

Don't think we see a show with mixed feelings like that again.

Percy

Banned
Uh... so Amirox got banned for an unfortunate spelling mistake? Yet in another thread (Might even have been in the thread Amirox made said spelling error in fact) today it was apparently fine for another poster to make uncalled for ad hominem accusations about Amirox's personal life
(Specifically falsely accusing him of "beating up" his mother)
?

Zabuza

Banned
Uh... so Amirox got banned for an unfortunate spelling mistake? Yet in another thread (Might even have been in the thread Amirox made said spelling error in fact) today it was apparently fine for another poster to make uncalled for ad hominem accusations about Amirox's personal life
(Specifically falsely accusing him of "beating up" his mother)
?
Link to that post?

I'm ready for Sony to actually bring the Playstation to the PS4. What I mean is that Playstation feel. I realize the console is new and has a long ways ahead of it, but I'm excited to see some actual exclusives that will help define it. I don't want everything to be cinematic shooters (though those are okay). The Order, Uncharted 4, okay fine, but I really miss the nature of stuff like Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet, etc. Knack seemed like it ticked those boxes but I never played it because of impressions and such (though I've also seen people swear by it being a good game).

You'll have Tearaway and a new Ratchet pretty soon. Also for me Amplitude will give me a big nostalgia feel

OsirisBlack

Banned
My list of wants

At least 4 minutes of gameplay for Uncharted 4.

A good look at the Online component for Bloodborne.

The new demo for the Order 1886 to be amazing.

Capcom to announce SFV or DD2. All signs point to SFV.

Square Enix to announce Final Fantasy Tactics II exclusive to PS4.

EA to announce a unprecedented partnership and show the Mass Effect 4 trailer,
as the trailer dies down "Exclusive XB1 content pops up on screen.
" It's EA after all.

No mans sky release date announcement exclusive to PS4 and Morpheus support.

Morpheus priced around $300

One last thing.

The last guardian trailer.

thuway

My list of wants

At least 4 minutes of gameplay for Uncharted 4.

A good look at the Online component for Bloodborne.

The new demo for the Order 1886 to be amazing.

Capcom to announce SFV or DD2. All signs point to SFV.

Square Enix to announce Final Fantasy Tactics II exclusive to PS4.

EA to announce a unprecedented partnership and show the Mass Effect 4 trailer, as the trailer dies down "Exclusive XB1 content pops up on screen." It's EA after all.

No mans sky release date announcement exclusive to PS4 and Morpheus support.

Morpheus priced around $300

One last thing.

The last guardian trailer.

You mirrored my thoughts, minus the Mass Effect part.

Cornbread78

Don't do this to yourself man. FF7 is not going to be there.

too late to turn back now. There are way too many vague rumors and hints embedded in that last thread. I forget who it was, but someone pointed out how to connect the dots and those two games are the answer. It's happening dammit...

#freeAmir0x2014

Honestly, I want to be in suspense till the very last second. We've waiting for this game for nearly six years now. Do you want to "know" its coming up, or do you want a "ONE LAST THING"- moment.

I think that if there are going to really be so many "huge" announcements, then TLG should be saved for E3. However, end the conference with a video of a feather falling (I think it's a gif on here) with the words "see you in June" over it. Catbird roars, then cut to black. Just enough to let us know :)

STEaMkb

When Scott Rohde said "unprecedented" I'm certain he means for the fans who made the journey only. A clue is in the title. PlayStation Experience ('the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities). "Face to face" and "hands on" unprecedented.

People sitting at home hitting F5 are sure to be disappointed.

Guys... bare with me here for a second.

The conference looks to be over.

Then, suddenly... "One More Thing..."

A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT...

Then...
"One MOOOORE Thing."

WITHE1982

Tickets are still in circulation. Just request them [preferably by quoting this image so that I can spot you more easiler]!
yuhtki.png

#freeAmir0x2014

I requested safe passage on the hype train in the last thread but then changed my avatar just to be unhelpful (sorry). Can Mr Withe please get onboard?

Zabuza

Banned
When Scott Rohde said "unprecedented" I'm certain he means for the fans who made the journey only. A clue is in the title. PlayStation Experience ('the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities). "Face to face" and "hands on" unprecedented.

Don't try to break me with your logic. This is no time for that.

too late to turn back now. There are way too many vague rumors and hints embedded in that last thread. I forget who it was, but someone pointed out how to connect the dots and those two gmes are the answer. It's happening dammit...

#freeAmir0x2014

I think it is happening, but just not yet. Give FFXV a chance to shine before you throw out a gigaton like that. (Unless you bundle an early access pass of VII: R in with XV...)

Don't toy with my emotions this way.

thuway

I'm sure with Booya, Yosp, and the like reading this thread- they know that PlayStation fans are clamoring and are just as excited as them to see the show.

If we don't see Cat bird, or any large mega ton, no big deal. This is a celebration of PlayStation's 20th Birthday after all. I know this is a shit way of saying it, but the positivity in this thread is not only beause of the mega tons, a lot of us are here because we've identified with PlayStation throughout the last decade and a half.

Bricky

Aaaahhhh. New thread!
yuhtki.png

#freeAmir0x2014

Those look like the most cramped trains to disappointment I have ever seen in my life.

One ticket please, sir.

mf.luder

I have an awards dinner tomorrow night at this time so I won't be able to watch it live and witness this place go off the rails. But I'll be steering clear of GAF until I watch it later.

Cornbread78

I think that if there are going to really be so many "huge" announcements, then TLG should be saved for E3. However, end the conference with a video of a feather falling (I think it's a gif on here) with the words "see you in June" over it. Catbird roars, then cut to black. Just enough to let us know :)

This would be the perfect teaser for them... absolutely perfect....maybe a short teaser trailer (a copy of the 1st one with teh PS4 graphics...)

#freeAmir0x2014

Tearaway is good. Ratchet, hopefully. Haven't heard of Amplitude so apparently I need to do some investigative work.

Well Amplitude has nothing to do with these other games. It's a music rhytm game that was made by Harmonix on PS2. Their first game was Frequency, then Amplitude. Great rhytm games. Then they became more popular with the guitar hero etc. howver what I loved about Frequency/Amplitude is that it used the PS controller, no other gimmick tool.

They kickstarted for a remake of Amplitude on PS4 last year and many chipped in, me included. It's coming out on PSN(maybe retail aswell?) in 2015. :). They confirmed to be playable at PSX

Mr. RHC

I'm not afraid at all

"He's not afraid(not afraid) ,to take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everbody) come take his hand
We'll live this hype together, through the storm
Whatever announcement, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road"​

OsirisBlack

Banned
You mirrored my thoughts, minus the Mass Effect part.

Mass Effect gameplay is overdue, thinking they didn't show anything as to not step on Dragon Age Inquisitions toes. Also I was already excited for the Order 1886 but you and Shinobi have pushed that hype into overdrive. There are a few people who have played the new demo already and everything I have heard sounds good cannot wait....... I am going to cave someones chest cavity in with that triple barrel shotgun.

I wish. Too good to be true, sadly. Especially that price tag on Morpheus.

Yea I actually expect the price tag to be around $450 but don't think it would do well above $300 not sure Sony is in a position to take a loss on the hardware.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wow GAF, 45 tickets are awaiting boarding already. Little more and we will be close to 300 people. :D

not missing out on the hypetrain! could you stick me on the side of the second train, please and thank you:)

You are already in, flying close to the Yoshzilla.

Just checking I've got my boarding pass, since my ticket request was made late into the last thread!
You missed out on last batch. Soon you will board.

Xpliskin

Damn, Amirox :/

That exchange was brutal.

we know he didn't mean to write that, obvious typo.

"flaming ball of inept <REDACTED>" doesn't even make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom