• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/11/08

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Pallaris said:
Bullshit, seems no Lumines on the UK store this week :( Seems the whole network is dying a death at the minute as well.

there was a post in the other thread that it was delayed, it just wasn't clear whether that news was from before or after the announcement of release today. gaaah what on earth could be casuing these delays? the game doesn't even have online play!

SappYoda

While it worked I managed to get this list. Its not complete (lacks some trailers and wallpapers).

Spanish store
:

PS3 Games:

· Astro Tripper - 3,99€

PS3 DLC:
· Little Big Planet - Street Fighter - 5,99€ whole, 1,99€ each.
· Little Big Planet - Santa Boots - FREE
· New Rock Band songs
· New Guitar Hero songs

Trailers:

· Crash Commando - FREE
· Prince of Persia - FREE
· Söldner - FREE
· Shoot! - FREE

PSP Games:
· NBA LIVE 09 - 39,99€
· Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - 39,99€
· Brain challenge - 9,99€

PSX Games:
· Jet Rider 2 - 4,99€

Blablurn

29zdlxf.gif

Pallaris

TTP said:
:lol

Please Sony just pull the plug. It's painful to watch.

Yeah that's pretty poor, I still think Home has potential (minus the bullshit stuttery framerate - FIX!) but these server issues are just laughable considering they've been testing the network for over a yr with the beta. You'd have thought they'd be well prepared but what do I know.

SSFT..at this point forget it for this year. Will probably be a trophy enabled version in early 09 now.

The delays on EU PSN are becoming a joke as well. Something is seriously wrong there. Could've understood a yr or so ago but now it's taking the piss.

SappYoda

RpgN said:
Wasn't that released like last week?

Yep but it was listed like it was released today :dunno:

Edit: This is jet rider 2 :lol

Jet rider 1 was the one that was available last week.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Xater said:
So did the monkey die?

He pressed the network self destruct button accidentally. There was some trouble introducing the new 'Home Go!' button to him.

Even the SCEE community boards are acting up for me now.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
AstroLad said:
there was a post in the other thread that it was delayed, it just wasn't clear whether that news was from before or after the announcement of release today. gaaah what on earth could be casuing these delays? the game doesn't even have online play!
The delay they were talking about was the delay from Fall (announced in the first press release released back in Sept) to Winter (the second press release released last week). AFAIK, the only one who's claimed the game is coming out today is PULSE; the blog said coming soon in the post last week and IGN & Gamespot have both reiterated the second pr, Winter.

RpgN

SappYoda said:
Yep but it was listed like it was released today :dunno:

Edit: This is jet rider 2 :lol

Jet rider 1 was the one that was available last week.

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure myself. Thanks!

Argyle

vercity82 said:
Hello All,

PlayStation Network is down for maintenance - we'll be back soon :smileyhappy:

MB

They need to update the status on their own page - I can't sign in and I thought it was my connection when their webpage claims that the network is still up.

sw1tch said:
No sf2HD, no lumines...i'm starting to get really pissed how they treat Europe..

What do you mean, starting. At this point the European store is practically worthless. We do have more PS1 games than the US but they get SOTN. For PSN games it's a joke.

sw1tch said:
No sf2HD, no lumines...i'm starting to get really pissed how they treat Europe..
For the most part, blame the developers/publishers. For the PS Store in each region, a game has to be submitted. Q Entertainment probably decided to submit the game in the NA first, and will probably submit it to SCEE and/or SCEJ after it releases in the NA. There's no denying the approval process takes an extra week in Europe, but it appears as long as a game gets submitted to SCEE and doesn't have any issues, it will release in around two weeks after it was submitted (compared to around 5 days to a week when submitted to SCEA).

As for SFII, Capcom hasn't even stated they submitted the game to SCEE for approval if I'm not mistaken (it seems like they only had it sent to SCEA to begin with, which is why NA got it first).

Astro Tipper and GTi Club+ have come to Europe first because the developers choose to submit to SCEE first. Once they finished, they'll probably submit to other regions. The PS Store just doesn't have the global approval process yet, so whichever store gets a game first, probably means it was submitted to them first (unless somehow submitted through each territory at the same time).

Fatal Inertia for an example, Koei chose to submit it through SCEJ first. After release, they submitted to SCEA. After NA release, they submitted to SCEE. That's probably how we will see SFII and Lumines go.

Brain Challenge for an example seems like it was submitted through all territories at the same time, since NA got the game two weeks ago, and some European countries got it last week (which is about in-line with approval process).

There was an article about approval process before:
http://kotaku.com/5080083/so-how-long-do-sony-and-microsofts-approvals-processes-take

Speevy

Banned
I really do think Sony is going to cancel HOME, either that or abandon it without any updates.

There are too many other things they could be working on to salvage the PS3.

Jim

Speevy said:
I really do think Sony is going to cancel HOME, either that or abandon it without any updates.

It's not like SCE staff was taken off of projects to work on Home. I'm also pretty sure the Home dev team is quite small.

They also have way too many deals with 3rd parties to merely "cancel" it. And once it is up and running, it likely will not take a ton of work to "plug-in" more content. It's designed to be very modular. It also serves as a testing ground for new ideas, networked applications and concepts for the next-next generation. So I don't expect it to just disappear.

Speevy said:

I would replace home with a SackBoy lounge hub to replace the Home concept

If the PS4 gets to do a do-over of Home, avatars, et cetera, I think it'd be much better to include a digital copy of LBP2 on every PS4 and have your Sackboy be your avatar.

panda21

seems sony actually did accidentally give away football manager psp for free to a few people before everything went wrong and the psn imploded :lol

SappYoda

panda21 said:
seems sony actually did accidentally give away football manager psp for free to a few people before everything went wrong and the psn imploded :lol
It wasn't available at the spanish store :(

Has someone actually downloaded it?

Speevy

Banned
I'm coming from the perspective of "HOME is supposed to be the fruit of an already successful console."

It seems rather frivolous to move ahead with this project on a console that isn't selling very well.

User critique of the beta is anything but positive, and content throughout the beta has been scarce.

Whatever HOME is, it's clearly not the new hub for the PS3-owning world and PS3 content, because the PS3 needs more of that content first.

HOME was introduced as a new way to interact with your friends and your content. As it stands, it's a running gag that has users emote-dancing and cursing at each other.

Again, I don't know the amount of resources it takes to keep HOME up and running, but it doesn't seem like anyone cares if it stays or goes.

panda21

yep someone on another forum downloaded it and has it running on their psp :lol

presumably theyll realise though and when the store goes back up it wont be free any more..

Gibb

dreamer3kx said:
29zdlxf.gif

Damn you, Im over here resetting my modem and router thinking its on my end.

I wanted to do the same.. but then I remembered the "test network connection" feature in the system settings =)

Yup.. it's down in Belgium as well.

herod

Jim said:
It's not like SCE staff was taken off of projects to work on Home. I'm also pretty sure the Home dev team is quite small.

They also have way too many deals with 3rd parties to merely "cancel" it. And once it is up and running, it likely will not take a ton of work to "plug-in" more content. It's designed to be very modular. It also serves as a testing ground for new ideas, networked applications and concepts for the next-next generation. So I don't expect it to just disappear.

what if no-one uses it? I think it will be a ghost town in a few weeks.

methane47

badcrumble said:
If the PS4 gets to do a do-over of Home, avatars, et cetera, I think it'd be much better to include a digital copy of LBP2 on every PS4 and have your Sackboy be your avatar.

best idea ever.

Xater

panda21 said:

Wow. I am sure Sega will be happy about that. :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
herod said:
what if no-one uses it? I think it will be a ghost town in a few weeks.

it hasn't been a ghost town during the beta, plenty will use it.

Top Bottom