• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/11/08

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
- Where can I find a full listing of whats on the PSN for PSP? The official Sony page doesn’t seem to distinguish very well what’s for PS3 or PSP. Wiki does have a list, but it seems to be incomplete because games like Guilty Gear Judgment aren't on it.

- Is there a list somewhere that shows the size of each title on the PSN? I'll only have an 8GB card so space will be an issue.
The JP Site has a listing for the JP store games. If you click on a game it'll take you to the game's page where you can find out the size of the game.

arena08 said:
You dont need media manager to browse the store if you're just on a PC.

http://www.playstation.com/pc/store/country-selector/

edit: It appears you do, this is a new thing... It used to be the same on PS3 and PC. Odd.
They closed the PC Web Store when they announced the PSP Store and the PC Store redesign.

ah. it just needs it once to activate your psp with the psp manager. but after that you're fine hmmm. i don't think there's any other way around it unless someone gives you a full listing.

FabCam

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but when the UK store update went live the SEGA Football Manager 2009 game for PSP went up. I was just checking to see if the BETA was up for DL and obviously just caught the update a minute or 2 after it went up. The Sega FootBall Manager 2009 PSP game was on the list and said FREE. I thought it must be the demo but then noticed it said (Full Game). I was like "awesomesauce" and dl'ed immediately. Then the store went down for around 5 mins, then it went back up. Sega Football Manager 2009 was gone. Not even re-adjusted the price. Totally gone. So basically I got the PSP game for FREE! Usually it would cost upwards of £20. Anyone else catch that? :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FabCam said:
I don't know if anyone else caught this, but when the UK store update went live the SEGA Football Manager 2009 game for PSP went up. I was just checking to see if the BETA was up for DL and obviously just caught the update a minute or 2 after it went up. The Sega FootBall Manager 2009 PSP game was on the list and said FREE. I thought it must be the demo but then noticed it said (Full Game). I was like "awesomesauce" and dl'ed immediately. Then the store went down for around 5 mins, then it went back up. Sega Football Manager 2009 was gone. Not even re-adjusted the price. Totally gone. So basically I got the PSP game for FREE! Usually it would cost upwards of £20. Anyone else catch that? :lol

That's pretty hilarious

Xater

FabCam said:

Yeah we already got that covered here ;)

Desi

Kassatsu said:
► PSOne (¥600 each)
○ The Silver Case
○ Saga Frontier 2
○ Bushido Blade 2
○ Puzzle Bobble 3DX
○ Dead or Alive
why can't you give this to me Sony? All I want to see in the intro on my TV one more time!

FabCam said:
Ok maybe there really is a monkey just pushing buttons for the UK store! ;0

suffah

Does maths and stuff
FabCam said:

I manage a website and made that mistake once. Luckily only 9 people leeched the ($10) product before I caught the error.

Well thanks for your help guys. This is just stupid on Sonys part. I'm already getting a PSP for christmas (for retail games), but don't you think it would be nice to actually know what games are available to buy before you purcahse the console?

Well if somebody could be so kind I really wanted to know the sizes/price of a few games. If not thats cool. I'm going to guess these are all on the store from word of mouth.

Guilty Gear Judgement
Lumines
LocoRoco
Jean d'Arc
Castlevania SotN

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Well thanks for your help guys. This is just stupid on Sonys part. I'm already getting a PSP for christmas (for retail games), but don't you think it would be nice to actually know what games are available to buy before you purcahse the console?

Well if somebody could be so kind I really wanted to know the sizes/price of a few games. If not thats cool. I'm going to guess these are all on the store from word of mouth.

Guilty Gear Judgement
Lumines
LocoRoco
Jean d'Arc
Castlevania SotN

GGJ: $5.99 466mb
Lumines? I don't think there's a psp version out unless you mean psn one?
LocoRoco $22.99 524mb
Jeanne D'Arc $22.99 678mb
Castlevania SOTN $9.99 355mb

No45

UntoldDreams said:
Yeah... on PSN just go to the PSP Games tab...
Does that list the PS1 games also? I'm not sure, but either way with the PSP and the PS1 tabs you should get what you want.

ayrkain said:
After the new invites (past couple of months) tons of people poured in. These were not people that wanted to talk about gaming. These were people running about calling each other fags and hitting on female avatars in groups. Trolling, people standing in line doing the same dance, and lots on inane chatter.
So, Facebook then?

Station42

number1jagsfan said:
Where can I download Home exactly? (UK store)

Edit: Never mind, found it

where? i'm on IT store

EDIT ok so it's supposed to be under my PSN xmb icon.
well it isn't i guess it's IP locked.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Captain Pants said:
Sony hates us.:(

yeah looks like the release date was just a total screw-up since it only came from one source, which i guess means we go back to the nebulous winter release date. bah

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
AstroLad said:
yeah looks like the release date was just a total screw-up since it only came from one source, which i guess means we go back to the nebulous winter release date. bah

I've had Lumines on the brain all week in hopes that I'd play it today, but then again, today isn't over, so who knows... we might luck out.

Captain Pants

Speevy said:
Nothing's up yet.

Ah... I'm following the drama from work, and something I'd read earlier had led me to believe that the update was out...

*calms down*

*takes a deep breath*

I need my Lumines.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
where is home on EU PSN? I can't seem to find it, do I have to send my email somewhere and get a redeem code?

Baha

Eh, did they post news about delaying Lumines or something? Pulse said it was this week.

[edited for clarity]

Foil

rainking187 said:
and that both map packs for the original Resistance will be available for free.

Finally Sony has made the smart move with their first party DLC. I think I'll go re-purchase Resistance 1 tomorrow because of this news. Now if only Motorstorm and Warhawk would follow suit. It's about time that content went free anyways. They made their money off it.

Baha

Speevy said:
READ THE OP, IN ITS ENTIRETY

I did, I should've quoted the people posting above since I was responding to their concerns. I'm here every week, don't think I'd make a newbie mistake like that.

Captain Pants said:
I've had Lumines on the brain all week in hopes that I'd play it today, but then again, today isn't over, so who knows... we might luck out.

There are lots of other ways to play Lumines, you know. Just to get your fix, I mean.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Speevy said:
Nothing's up yet.

when is the US store usually updated? Was hoping for the No Doubt DLC in time to play tonight (I'm in the UK but buy US rock band DLC). Is it usually this late or is it unusual?

should I generally just expect US stuff not to be up until Friday for me?

BTW, anyone else getting lots of 500 errors on GAF just now?

Captain Pants

Dr. Zoidberg said:
There are lots of other ways to play Lumines, you know. Just to get your fix, I mean.

Oh I know, I've been playing a lot of the original and a little bit of Lumines Live, I'm just excited to have the best of both worlds. I can't wait to play it in HD with a decent d-pad...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Captain Pants said:
Oh I know, I've been playing a lot of the original and a little bit of Lumines Live, I'm just excited to have the best of both worlds. I can't wait to play it in HD with a decent d-pad...

Same here. I have a feeling most of the skins will be the same but I'm still excited. Also a clean high-score board to work from.

Foil said:
Finally Sony has made the smart move with their first party DLC. I think I'll go re-purchase Resistance 1 tomorrow because of this news. Now if only Motorstorm and Warhawk would follow suit. It's about time that content went free anyways. They made their money off it.

don't forget myresistance.net now tracks RFOM stats too in addition to R2 stuff. it may not be as in-depth as the R2 stats, but that's because RFOM doesn't do leveling and perks and what not like the R2 modes. still cool though.

anyone know why it's 6pm central and the update STILL isn't up? :S

obligatory bonus complaint: i sure wish that pc store media app thing was x64 xp compatible :(

Top Bottom