• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/11/08

I am soon to be a new PSP owner come Christmas and rather than make a new thread for all my PSN questions, I thought you guys could help me here. I'm sorry if the answers to some of these is posted somewhere else, I've read through the OP, the "2007 comprehensive" thread, Wiki, and searched Google for a while with no luck.

- Can PSP access stores in other regions? For example if I wanted to buy Bushido Blade 2 with a US system, could I get it from the japanese store?

- Where can I find a full listing of whats on the PSN for PSP? The official Sony page doesn’t seem to distinguish very well what’s for PS3 or PSP. Wiki does have a list, but it seems to be incomplete because games like Guilty Gear Judgment aren't on it.

- Is there a list somewhere that shows the size of each title on the PSN? I'll only have an 8GB card so space will be an issue.

- The only other digital store I’ve used before is WiiWare. I like with WiiWare that no matter what happens I can re-download my games again. It makes me feel like the game is always going to be mine. Does the PSN have a similar setup? What about buying from foreign stores?

Thanks guys

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Speevy said:
Prior to Sony giving out a gazilion keys, that's not what I heard.
Yeah, there weren't that many users.

Now there are a gazillion people out there, and later today, a zillion people will have access.
People will use it.

dallow_bg said:
Yeah, there weren't that many users.

Now there are a gazillion people out there, and later today, a zillion people will have access.
People will use it.

Yep, it's especially annoying when you're trying to find an open arcade station.

ayrkain

Speevy said:

Originally, it seemed like they were just giving out keys to Underground/GAP people. During that period, you could run around home, and no one would stop and talk to you. It was really awkward. After the new invites (past couple of months) tons of people poured in. These were not people that wanted to talk about gaming. These were people running about calling each other fags and hitting on female avatars in groups. Trolling, people standing in line doing the same dance, and lots on inane chatter. However, unlike the earlier group, these people actually talk to each other, which would seem to be the point of the whole thing, I suppose. Honestly, I don't know if it's going to 'succeed', nor do I even know what metric I'd measure that by, but I do know that there are some people to whom this is pretty appealing.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I am soon to be a new PSP owner come Christmas and rather than make a new thread for all my PSN questions, I thought you guys could help me here. I'm sorry if the answers to some of these is posted somewhere else, I've read through the OP, the "2007 comprehensive" thread, Wiki, and searched Google for a while with no luck.

- Can PSP access stores in other regions? For example if I wanted to buy Bushido Blade 2 with a US system, could I get it from the japanese store?

- Where can I find a full listing of whats on the PSN for PSP? The official Sony page doesn’t seem to distinguish very well what’s for PS3 or PSP. Wiki does have a list, but it seems to be incomplete because games like Guilty Gear Judgment aren't on it.

- Is there a list somewhere that shows the size of each title on the PSN? I'll only have an 8GB card so space will be an issue.

- The only other digital store I’ve used before is WiiWare. I like with WiiWare that no matter what happens I can re-download my games again. It makes me feel like the game is always going to be mine. Does the PSN have a similar setup? What about buying from foreign stores?

Thanks guys
- Which store you access depends on your account location. You can easily set up a free Japanese account which you can use to buy from the Japanese store. Be aware though to add funds to a Japanese account you need a Japanese-based credit card or you can buy PSN cards from several internet stores (I know NCSX email the codes to you if you buy it). You could also use the PC store.

- The PC stores only list PSP games iirc, so you could just look there.

- The sizes are on the PC store.

- Yep, redownload any number of times as long as you own that account. You can also activate games on up to 5 other accounts which can download from the account which bought the game (This is the 'sharing' thread you see on gaf).

herod

Speevy said:

I was there prior to the the recent glut of keys, it's what I based my prediction on.

Everyone will try a novelty once, which is why it's seemed busy with the constant giving out of new keys, but I don't see any point in returning. If they manage to keep it going I suspect it will be because of pointless things like offering exclusive demos only from inside it and stuff like that.

Dunlop

Bushido Blade 2

Holy shit, I havent looked at the PS1 games since I purchased my ps3...do they have the original Bushido Blade? Insta buy if they do

I remember part 2 sucking donkey balls however

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
TTP said:
:lol

Please Sony just pull the plug. It's painful to watch.

:lol... what happened? Did they change the #define MAX_PLAYERS (LOW) to #define MAX_PLAYERS (HIGH) and the system segfaulted ;)?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
SappYoda said:
Heres Sack Santa. I downloaded it before the store died.

DSC00217.png

By the way, LBP servers are also down :(

WTF?!? Everything on Sony's end seems to be down or acting up including their forums...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Speevy said:

so when there weren't that many people in the beta, there weren't that many people using it? Makes sense.

Sage00 said:
- Which store you access depends on your account location. You can easily set up a free Japanese account which you can use to buy from the Japanese store. Be aware though to add funds to a Japanese account you need a Japanese-based credit card or you can buy PSN cards from several internet stores (I know NCSX email the codes to you if you buy it). You could also use the PC store.
Thanks for your help Sage

Are you able to manage multiple accounts on the same PSP? So say I bought Guilty Gear off the US store, then made a japanese account and bought Bushido Blade with it. Could I then have a PSP with both GG and BB on it? I know with the Wii its impossible to do this.

SappYoda

Panajev2001a said:
WTF?!? Everything on Sony's end seems to be down or acting up including their forums...
LBP servers are working again (that's why I checked if the store was up again too).

In the other side of things the monkey may be rampaging trough SCEE destroying everything as he goes forward.

Baha

RuneFactoryFanboy said:

Are you able to manage multiple accounts on the same PSP? So say I bought Guilty Gear off the US store, then made a japanese account and bought Bushido Blade with it. Could I then have a PSP with both GG and BB on it? I know with the Wii its impossible to do this.

I think you can, you have activate that psp with the account or if you're using the ps3 to transfer the files, activate it with the system.

Speevy

Banned
levious said:
so when there weren't that many people in the beta, there weren't that many people using it? Makes sense.

No I mean when there weren't that many keys given out, interest was low.

People who were in it weren't using it.

Vashu

BoilersFan23 said:
For the most part, blame the developers/publishers. For the PS Store in each region, a game has to be submitted. Q Entertainment probably decided to submit the game in the NA first, and will probably submit it to SCEE and/or SCEJ after it releases in the NA. There's no denying the approval process takes an extra week in Europe, but it appears as long as a game gets submitted to SCEE and doesn't have any issues, it will release in around two weeks after it was submitted (compared to around 5 days to a week when submitted to SCEA).

As for SFII, Capcom hasn't even stated they submitted the game to SCEE for approval if I'm not mistaken (it seems like they only had it sent to SCEA to begin with, which is why NA got it first).

Astro Tipper and GTi Club+ have come to Europe first because the developers choose to submit to SCEE first. Once they finished, they'll probably submit to other regions. The PS Store just doesn't have the global approval process yet, so whichever store gets a game first, probably means it was submitted to them first (unless somehow submitted through each territory at the same time).

Fatal Inertia for an example, Koei chose to submit it through SCEJ first. After release, they submitted to SCEA. After NA release, they submitted to SCEE. That's probably how we will see SFII and Lumines go.

Brain Challenge for an example seems like it was submitted through all territories at the same time, since NA got the game two weeks ago, and some European countries got it last week (which is about in-line with approval process).

There was an article about approval process before:
http://kotaku.com/5080083/so-how-long-do-sony-and-microsofts-approvals-processes-take

Actually, the approval process was altered due to the European gamers constantly moaning about getting games way too late. The different regional approvals were consolidated into one system, making it a smoother process for most games. However, what they also should've done is make one unified European Store. For example, the UK has the Star Wars Force Unleashed pack, but the Dutch one doesn't. And this happened, and will happen, with more games.

It's a mess out there, since every country adds their own content, which is unfucking believably retarded. So the moaning continues, to deaf ears it seems.

Speevy said:
No I mean when there weren't that many keys given out, interest was low.

People who were in it weren't using it.

I beg to differ Speev, point is, there simply wasn't much to do in those times. With more people and more to do (more different Spaces for example) there will be enough to do. Don;t be such a pessimist.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
RuneFactoryFanboy said:

I'm pretty sure you can only have 1 account active on a PSP at a time. I'm not sure, but it might be possible for you to activate a game bought on the Japanese account with the US account, which would allowed to play the Japanese game on the US account on your PSP. Seems theoretically possible.

If not, then 'deleting' and 'restoring' PSN accounts on your PSP is a 2 second process (the accounts are never actually 'deleted', just disassociated with your PSP as you can only have 1 at a time). Though that's a little inconvenient.

Goldrusher

Ok, store seems to be up and running again...

GAMES

► Astro Tripper (€3,99 / £3.19)
► Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlord (£15.99)

► Jet Rider 2 (PSone) (€4,99 / £3.99)

► Brain Challenge (PSP) (€9,99 / £7.99)
► NBA LIVE 09 (PSP) (€39,99 / £29.99)
► Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (PSP) (€39,99 / £31.99)

ADD-ONS

► Guitar Hero World Tour

○ Nirvana Track Pack (€5,49/£4.39 or €1,99/£1.59 per song)
♪ "Negative Creep"
♪ "Sliver"
♪ "You Know You're Right"

○ European Track Pack (€5,49/£4.39 or €1,99/£1.59 per song)
♪ "Dis Moi" - BBBrunes
♪ "Mama Mae" - Negrita
♪ "'54, '74, '90, 2010" - Sportfreunde Stiller

► LittleBigPlanet

○ Street Fighter costumes (€5,99/£4.79 or €1,99/£1.59 per character)
- Zangief
- Chun-Li
- Guile
- Ryu

○ Santa outfit - boots & trousers (free)

► Rock Band

○ No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003 (€14,99/£9.99 or €1,49/£0.99 per song)
♪ "Just a Girl"
♪ "It’s My Life"
♪ "Hey Baby"
♪ "Bathwater”
♪ "Sunday Morning"
♪ "Hella Good"
♪ "Underneath It All"
♪ "Excuse Me Mr.”
♪ "Running"
♪ "Spiderwebs”
♪ "Simple Kind of Life”
♪ “Don’t Speak”
♪ “Ex-Girlfriend”

► Tom Clancy's EndWar

○ Escalation Expansion Pack (£7.99)

VIDEOS

► Crash Commando
○ Trailer

► Prince of Persia
○ E3 Gameplay Trailer
○ Debut Trailer

► Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer
○ Trailer

SHOOT

► Prison Food
○ full movie
○ Trailer
○ Behind The Scenes
○ Interview with director Uwe Flade

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► GTI Club+ - wallpapers
► Tom Clancy's EndWar - wallpapers

Speevy

Banned
Would it really be so much to reward PS3 owners for their purchase by including a PSP emulator for these downloads?

It wouldn't affect PSP sales adversely, and it would increase PSP software sales because PS3 users don't/can't pirate games on their system.

ram

your missing puzzle quest - was like 13 bp in the uk store

EDIT: it is 19.99 € and on the german store too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've just downloaded Astro Tripper.

WTH? Why is it being displayed in LOW RES? Looks like an upscaled PSone game. What's going on here?

Sage00 said:
- The PC stores only list PSP games iirc, so you could just look there.
Shoot, I just downloaded the PC Media Manager (which I assume is how you access the PSP store) and it requires a PSP to be connected in order to run.

Any other way to access the store from PC?

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Shoot, I just downloaded the PC Media Manager (which I assume is how you access the PSP store) and it requires a PSP to be connected in order to run.

Any other way to access the store from PC?

you don't need a psp for it to work o.o i was just browsing it awhile ago.

panda21

Station42 said:
does anyone have any astrotripper video to share?

theres a brief trailer on gametrailers.com

it looks less pretty than it appears, but for 3.19 why not

seems ok, i didnt play it for long though

Oni Jazar

Speevy said:
Would it really be so much to reward PS3 owners for their purchase by including a PSP emulator for these downloads?

It wouldn't affect PSP sales adversely, and it would increase PSP software sales because PS3 users don't/can't pirate games on their system.

I've said this over a year ago. Would be the best thing to a) generate more insterest in the PS3 hardware and b) generate more intestest in PSP software. No brainer really.

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/Seraph830/PSPSTORE.jpg[IMG]

Thats what I'm getting when I try to run it. Unless there is another way to access the store :([/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.playstation.com/pc/store/country-selector/[/url]

isn't this it?

EDIT: Nvm. I haven't accessed the store via PSP :$

Jim

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Thats what I'm getting when I try to run it. Unless there is another way to access the store :(

You DO need a PSP attached when using Media Manager (at least it did every time I used it).

But, assuming you have access to wi-fi, the PSP can just connect to the PS Store itself.

I won't have a PSP until Christmas, I'm trying to just browse the store to see what is available. Someone suggested I browse the PC store, so that’s why I downloaded the Media Manager.

All I'm trying to do see a list of everything available, the prices of everything, and how much memory games take up. Christmas is coming up and I'd like to know if/how many PSN points I should ask for. Is there anyway to browse just what’s available for PSP on the PSN?

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I won't have a PSP until Christmas, I'm trying to just browse the store to see what is available. Someone suggested I browse the PC store, so that’s why I downloaded the Media Manager.

All I'm trying to do see a list of everything available, the prices of everything, and how much memory games take up. Christmas is coming up and I'd like to know if/how many PSN points I should ask for. Is there anyway to browse just what’s available for PSP on the PSN?

Yeah... on PSN just go to the PSP Games tab...

Top Bottom