• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store PLAY 2015 Starts Tuesday

Nothus

Already own Journey and will absolutely buy the other three. But I'm in the UK, so come on Sony don't screw over the EU this time and GIVE US THE SAME DEALS!

Already own Journey and will absolutely buy the other three. But I'm in the UK, so come on Sony don't screw over the EU this time and GIVE US THE SAME DEALS!

I dont think its happening.

Which is a shame because a few years ago they did at least try and do these big seasonal sales the same across the US and EU for a while.

nib95

Banned
Holy crap, what a line up. I want to buy all four, but will probably only go with two of them for now. Likely Galak-Z and Everybody's Gone to Rapture. But I should probably clear some of my backlog first….

With its release date, good chances that Galak-Z will be part of August PlayStation Plus.

Doubtful. No logic in putting a game on summer sale and then releasing it for free on release. If anything I think this points to Galak-Z not being a PS+ title for a long while.

AmuroChan

Doubtful. No logic in putting a game on summer sale and then releasing it for free on release. If anything I think this points to Galak-Z not being a PS+ title for a long while.

Not necessarily. I bought Transistor on sale in December last year and then it became a PS+ title in February.

Not necessarily. I bought Transistor on sale in December last year and then it became a PS+ title in February.

That's not the point he was making, he is talking about so soon after release. Tansistor was released in May 2014 and did not become a PS+ title till Feb 2015.

Any title in this promotion will likely not be a PS+ title for around a year.

labaronx

20 % discount ps plus discounts on all 4 games plus a 10% full cart discount for September. Hmmm

16 dollar savings on all 4 games
+
10% discount on ($60 mad max +$60 mgsv + $40 dishonered hd + $50 the talos principle)
=
Roughly 37 dollar savings for me if i buy all these after the 1st when the store updates

Not bad sony

Edit.

Im saving up for a xbo and astro A50s for all these competitive multiplayer games this fall so any savings i get is a plus

robotrock

Banned
20 % discount ps plus discounts on all 4 games plus a 20% full cart discount for September. Hmmm

16 dollar savings on all 4 games
+
20% discount on ($60 mad max +$60 mgsv + $40 dishonered hd + $50 the talos principle)
=
Roughly 57 dollar savings for me.

Not bad sony

How are you getting a 20% for your September cart? Do the coupons stack?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
UGH. Nothing for me. All the Indie/PSN games that im interested in are nowhere to be found (Salt and Sanctuary, Shadow of the Beast and a few others).

Bowl0l

20 % discount ps plus discounts on all 4 games plus a 20% full cart discount for September. Hmmm

$60 mad max +$60 mgsv + $40 dishonered hd + $50 the talos principle
Sorry to burst your bubble but the max limit you can put in your cart is $150 and the coupon only works for 1 shopping cart.

Ponn

Banned
I'm definitely interested in Galak-Z but i'm on the fence with Rapture. I'm still unsure what you actually do in the game. It looks pretty but if all you do is walk around following a glowing ball i'm going to get bored real fast.

Kinsella

Banned
I'm buying 3 and getting Journey free. The 10 percent off coupon isn't that good. Usually I wait until there's a 15 dollar back promotion on PSN before I spend 100 dollars in the store. If I can, maybe the 10 percent coupon will stack with the next 15 dollar promo.

labaronx

Sorry to burst your bubble but the max limit you can put in your cart is $150 and the coupon only works for 1 shopping cart.

The cart has a limit. When did this get implemented?
Ive purchased far cry 4 with season pass,little bigplanet 3 and gta v on the same day. It was well over 150.

Man that sucks

Well that reduces my savings to roughly $30. Total

Welp looks like those A50s will have to wait til dec.

Bowl0l

The cart has a limit. When did this get implemented?
Ive purchased far cry 4 with season pass,little bigplanet 3 and gta v on the same day. It was well over 150.

Man that sucks

Well that reduces my savings to roughly $30. Total

Welp looks like those A50s will have to wait til dec.
fyi, i was using PSN cash card. Not sure if that applies to credit card.

Bowl0l

I'm buying 3 and getting Journey free. The 10 percent off coupon isn't that good. Usually I wait until there's a 15 dollar back promotion on PSN before I spend 100 dollars in the store. If I can, maybe the 10 percent coupon will stack with the next 15 dollar promo.
Expect an expiry date on the discount coupon.

AmuroChan

That's not the point he was making, he is talking about so soon after release. Tansistor was released in May 2014 and did not become a PS+ title till Feb 2015.

So like First Light? Released end of August '14. PS+ in January. Or Towerfall. Released March '14. PS+ in July.

Tizoc

You should prob. ask Sony about this, if they say it's OK, then go for it, but remember that you must spend an actual total amount of $100 :p

IvanJ

Banned
Was thinking of waiting for price drop on Rapture, but at 20% off I'll just preorder it...
The other games don't really interest me, but I figure if I buy Journey for $12, I'll get a 10% discount. As I already plan to get two games in September, in the end I'll get Journey for free.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

does it state a limit of only one coupon per account? You could buy 2 to get one voucher - use it, then buy another 2 and get another voucher. Giving you a total potential of $300 (2x$150 cart) for $30 discount

fedexpeon

Banned
Nice.
Didn't know Journey will be out that soon.
Going to get 3 games with the exception of N++ since I have never heard of it.

Bowl0l

does it state a limit of only one coupon per account? You could buy 2 to get one voucher - use it, then buy another 2 and get another voucher. Giving you a total potential of $300 (2x$150 cart) for $30 discount

Play 2015
But that’s not all: Pick up two or more PLAY titles through August 18 and receive a PS Store coupon* for 10 percent off an entire cart purchase, via our Game More, Save More offer.
I assume a means one. The sentence doesn't imply one coupon each for every two games bought.

Top Bottom