• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it keeps some battery in deserve. Just had it shut off while playing mingol, connected the charger and the PS button flashes for a couple of minutes - you can't seem to power it on while its doing this. Once the PS button goes solid orange you can switch the vita on. It resumed instantly right where I left it.

Didn't the PSP do that as well?

darkwing

Ahaha yosp replied to me!

yIQmQ.png

you wish my ass. RELEASE IT YOU MEAN PERSON

like a boss

or not

jkh13

Neo Member
Went to try and get minagol today in HK. Noticed that the official resellers are all sold out of it. Then went to another shop. Noticed they had copies but at a 1/3 markup. Sneaky sellers must have bought up the stock from the official shops and put up the price. All the games were the same price as list price apart from Minagol and Dynasty warriors.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to get this thing to download in standby mode?
I think you must wait for it to shutdown by itself, but I'm not 100% sure about this.
Also, did you read my post about making the .pdf file with layers with holes for app icons to make creating wallpapers easier?

Syn23

Has any official statement about getting trophies on a used game been released? Or, has anyone tried it? There was a rumor that you couldn't get trophies on a game used by another account.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You just need to reset the game card, nothing big/problematic.
Out of pure curiosity, what exactly does that mean? Is it a choice you get when inserting it in a different unit? There's no restart/format option anywhere in the menu etc.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
x3sphere said:
The demos don't have activation, yeah.
Actually they do (PSN Demos always did - even on PSP), the activation count is probably not limited though. If you deactivate the system, demos stop working, even without switching the account.

wotta said:
I downloaded the English version of little deviants on my HK account and that doesn't work on any other account. It must just be demos that work.
Little Deviants demo doesn't work after account switch either, I don't think it's an issue of paid content on this one. Same for Dungeon Hunter, and the Twitter App.
The rest worked for me.

mrklaw said:
Fafalada, can you detail exactly what you did?
I take it you figured it out from your other posts :) One thing I noticed today was that if I don't login into new PSN account first thing after reset(use the option to do it later) memory card isn't recognized.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I take it you figured it out from your other posts :) One thing I noticed today was that if I don't login into new PSN account first thing after reset(use the option to do it later) memory card isn't recognized.

I've speculated on this a while back based on the statements made by Sony. So is it pointless to attempt any account switch unless you have an active internet connection?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Actually they do (PSN Demos always did - even on PSP), the activation count is probably not limited though. If you deactivate the system, demos stop working, even without switching the account.

On PS3?
No way man. I'm pretty sure they don't.
I can download a demo on a regional account, go to the activate/deactivate screen, and it tell me the system isn't activated.

I can try it again after to work to see if anything's changed but I really don't think it has.

bigswords

Ok, i know that this was the interpretation by consensus that was given when the rumor came out, but has this been official clarified?

I honestly have been trying to do a cart reset I can't find the option. On another note I dropped my screen brightness to 1/16 and it's still so bright and I'm hitting 5 hours on uncharted on a single charge with some more to spare woot!! Deftinely better than 3DS battery life.

Syn23

I honestly have been trying to do a cart reset I can't find the option.
Ok, thanks, so no official confirmation has been given and there isn't any reset option on game cards. :\ At this point someone with a Vita in their hands should try to get trophies on a used card to find out if it can be done.

krumble

Question about Near for those using it

Under discoveries it says I can't discover game goods as I'm not sharing my online Id

All my location settings are enabled
Sharing settings all ticked - especially share onlineid

So what am I doing wrong?

:(

I honestly have been trying to do a cart reset I can't find the option. On another note I dropped my screen brightness to 1/16 and it's still so bright and I'm hitting 5 hours on uncharted on a single charge with some more to spare woot!! Deftinely better than 3DS battery life.

Check out @DJmizuhara's tweeter account (about 7 days ago). He went through the same thing but he found that once you delete the game install(the icon off of the vita) and you reinsert the card that should reset the card.

bigswords

Check out @DJmizuhara's tweeter account (about 7 days ago). He went through the same thing but he found that once you delete the game install(the icon off of the vita) and you reinsert the card that should reset the card.

The problem is more like this I never played the golf game so there's no app installed on my vita. But when I insert the golf game a menu pops up saying I cannot earn trophies. Judging for comments there must be a way to wipe the game cart memory aka 3ds and ds game cart.

Pharmboy044 is right! Thanks

Vita looks like 3DS looks like PSP. Okay, Vita games look like NDS games.

I played the TGS demo and it looks not like or worse than a 3DS game. It's bullshit, alone the higher DPI makes a big difference. It's like a free AA.

Jonnyram

Under discoveries it says I can't discover game goods as I'm not sharing my online Id

This appears to be the message it displays until you get your first game good. I know, it's counter-intuitive.

bigswords

Ok confirm that your share online Id is ticked. Shutdown the console and restart it. Then press update and look at discoveries.

areal

Seriously Sony? This looks worse than 3DS res:
The game looks fantastic on the actual hardware. I'm surprised that people are disappointed by graphics (Uncharted, Gravity Daze, etc.) that look significantly better than any other handheld game.

The screen cap system is nice, but I really do wonder why Sony allowed them to come out so huge. Really doesn't compliment that many games.
That (960x544) is the native resolution of the Vita.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Even playing on my Japanese account, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is just dead online. There's 1100+ people listed in the ranked match rankings, but nobody ever seems to be on. Disappointing.

so, do we know Uncharted, Gravity Daze and HSG native res? people did mention that the high vita screen dpi help makes the game look a lot better than these screen cap.

anyway, sub HD games might be the standard for graphic powerhouse vita game. not only vita have to work on higher poly count, textures, shaders, effects etc, it also have to render it in higher resolution, which might be a bit more than the device can handle.

Jonnyram

so, do we know Uncharted, Gravity Daze and HSG native res? people did mention that the high vita screen dpi help makes the game look a lot better than these screen cap.

anyway, sub HD games might be the standard for graphic powerhouse vita game. not only vita have to work on higher poly count, textures, shaders, effects etc, it also have to render it in higher resolution, which might be a bit more than the device can handle.
HSG is noticeably not native res. Can't really tell for the other two at this point. I'm guessing Uncharted is native res from the playtime I've put in.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Even playing on my Japanese account, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is just dead online. There's 1100+ people listed in the ranked match rankings, but nobody ever seems to be on. Disappointing.
Maybe it's because of the NAT settings? I couldn't find anyone when I had the game, but a few people here said they've been able to play online without problems.
Are you using a US account?
He said Japanese account.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Callibretto said:
so, do we know Uncharted, Gravity Daze and HSG native res?
Not - although GravityDaze style would be aliased regardless.

But let's not link "powerhouse" and resolution arguments - VT4 is native, 60fps, and runs with at least 4xAA as well - frankly it doesn't only put PS3 version to shame(DPI and the screen at work), it makes the non-native Vita games look bad after you played it.
As far as selling the hardware/wow factor - it's better at doing so then any techdemo I've seen in last 11 years of console hardware.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Maybe it's because of the NAT settings? I couldn't find anyone when I had the game, but a few people here said they've been able to play online without problems.

I don't think so. I have been able to find matches, it's just that they've been few and far-between. Have tried on two different networks; not getting any error messages anyway. It's just not showing anyone as online.

The few matches I have had have been great, too- Sometimes there's some lag when the match begins, but playing J-players feels almost lag-free. Way better than the console versions in that regard.

I should have BlazBlue today or tomorrow. If there's a better online population, Marvel is getting shelved until the U.S. Vita launch.

wotta

Just wondering if anyone thinks the Japanese 3G version will ever be unlocked? I got this not realising it was locked to one provider, however having used Near a few times at home I can see me wanting to use it when out and about as it's pretty neat.

Why the hell can't I download anything off the HK store?? Whenever I try to download the demo, after the download is complete, it just says that the game could'nt be downloaded and gives me an error code?

How the hell am I able to try the system out?? I have no games! As I thought I'd get them all from the ps store

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Lovely Salsa said:
No, as I'm not at my house right now but I will try it later.
Its disappointing if you can't do anything via the PS vita itself....
This may be a stupid question - but did you try formatting your memory card?

mauaus

I preordered the first edition from amazon but I'm not in the Us the thing is I looked at that preorder page thoroughly and did not find verizon/at&t/t-mo or any other us carrier... any chance amazon is carrying an unlocked version?

Nivert

I preordered the first edition from amazon but I'm not in the Us the thing is I looked at that preorder page thoroughly and did not find verizon/at&t/t-mo or any other us carrier... any chance amazon is carrying an unlocked version?

It's probably because they haven't announced any plans yet.

Zoe

Little Deviants demo doesn't work after account switch either, I don't think it's an issue of paid content on this one. Same for Dungeon Hunter, and the Twitter App.
The rest worked for me.

Could you test Minna to Issho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom