• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gembel

i'm just thinking, I live in the uk where games are floating around £30ish and then uncharted at £35, if I buy a vita here can I make an american login and then use the US store to buy my games? it would be like £23 per normal priced game then.

yes u can, US account and buy games from US store.

but there may be some games with online play that have servers locked to US only. so you will be playing with US users only etc.

Pachimari

Yes it is :)

Oh, I'm gonna check out the European PS Store on the PS3 now. If there's a game that can get me to buy a Vita, it must be Monster Hunter, even if it's a PSP game, I have never tried a MH game and really want to.

Edit: Oh crap, it's only in Japanese and on the Japanese store?

test_account

XP-39C²
Two more weeks! (or one more week for the early bundle). Man, it has been over a year since the Vita was announced and this year have gone by fast, but the last two weeks are going to be somewhat slow hehe :(

Oh, I'm gonna check out the European PS Store on the PS3 now. If there's a game that can get me to buy a Vita, it must be Monster Hunter, even if it's a PSP game, I have never tried a MH game and really want to.

Edit: Oh crap, it's only in Japanese and on the Japanese store?

No, that MH game is on the EU store as well. It costs like 6-7 euros or so.

Yes, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is a PSP Essential which means it's decently priced. I'm very much looking forward trying it again with dual analog sticks.

Zoibie

i'm just thinking, I live in the uk where games are floating around £30ish and then uncharted at £35, if I buy a vita here can I make an american login and then use the US store to buy my games? it would be like £23 per normal priced game then.

You can do that, but you need to either have a US credit card or buy some US points cards (UK/EU points cards won't work.)

Also, if you do buy any physical games, any DLC you buy needs to be from the same region as the game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I am afraid for my wallet with this system. I got some 1st party games in last night (which Gamestop is selling now btw) and the cases are so fucking cute, I won't be able to stop collecting games. T.T

Is the PSN store still the only place to buy PS games digitially? (in EUR)
It's be nice if other sites, like amazon / play.com could sell digital versions of vita games.

GAME have codes for a very small selection of PS3 PSN games (all at full price) so they might do something with Vita (but for now, it's unlikely)

They also have £5 and £10 denominations of PSN cards - which I don't think are sold anywhere else.

I am afraid for my wallet with this system. I got some 1st party games in last night (which Gamestop is selling now btw) and the cases are so fucking cute, I won't be able to stop collecting games. T.T

I know, there is something about those cases that I just love. I want them all! X(

Falch

Somehow I totally forgot this was coming out so soon, basically fell off my radar.

I'm from europe but I'm visiting Canada next week, and I'm comtemplating getting a Vita first edition package. I have a question though. Will any of the games also be vailanle on the 15th? I'd love to pick up wipeout and/or uncharted.

Jetku

Somehow I totally forgot this was coming out so soon, basically fell off my radar.

I'm from europe but I'm visiting Canada next week, and I'm comtemplating getting a Vita first edition package. I have a question though. Will any of the games also be vailanle on the 15th? I'd love to pick up wipeout and/or uncharted.

Yes, most, if not all, launch games will be available by the 15th

If you're in Canada you can walk into an EB and grab Wipeout/Uncharted right now. They're selling them.

Number45

Does PSN have wish list functionality yet? I hate having to track what I want on PSN externally, and I can't just add the games to my gamestracker watchlist for PSN games the same as I do for retail. :(

At the moment I have a bookmark to the metacritic page for every game I'm interested in.

Falch

If you're in Canada you can walk into an EB and grab Wipeout/Uncharted right now. They're selling them.

Ok, now I'm really tempted to grab a Vita next week. :)

I'm still confused about the whole PSN thing though, I understand it is next to impossible to have both a european and us account?

Ok, now I'm really tempted to grab a Vita next week. :)

I'm still confused about the whole PSN thing though, I understand it is next to impossible to have both a european and us account?

You can have both accounts but it's a pain to switch between the two and you need two memory cards I believe.

anddo0

My first purchase HSG (PSN). It's small enough to make minimal impact.

I'm going to mess around with Modnation (PSP) to see if I'd be interested in Road Trip.

vercity82

Don't know if anybody wrote or noticed vita games on store here's what I found.

All known games:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational ($35.99) (Size: 1.15 GB)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip ($26.99) (Size: 1.5 GB)
Super Stardust Delta ($9.99) (Size: 208 MB)
Uncharted Golden Abyss ($49.99) (Size: 3.2 GB)
WipEout 2048 ($35.99) (Size: 1.6 GB)

All known games:

There's a thread.

Is PSN charging tax on these? The discount is a little bigger for me when you don't have the tax and PSN seems to have not been charging tax on anything since May.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

All known games:

Not really, here's some more:
Asphalt Injection - 724 MB
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 1350 MB
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 2777 MB
Digi Q [AR tank game] - 220 MB
F1 - 1435 MB
Katamari - 744 MB
Good People Die Demo[999 sequel] - 121 MB
Little Deviants [20k yen which is about half the price of most] - 869 MB
Army Corps of Hell - 598 MB
Shinobido 2 - 1057 MB
Kyoukugen Dasshutsu: Zennin Shiboudesu[visual novel with ghost thingies] - 693 MB
Dynasty Warriors - 1485 MB
Dungeon Hunter - 1057 MB
Dream Club Zero - 2835 MB
Virtua Tennis - 1241 MB
Blaz Blue - 3180 MB
Mojohng Fight Club - 793 MB
Michael Jackson Experience - 1225 MB
Disgaea 3 - 1699 MB
Friends Network [doubt this will release outside JP] - 168 MB
Hot Shots Golf - 1100 MB
Monster Radar - 1640 MB
Twitter App - 5760 KB
Ridge Racer - 561 MB
Lord of Apocalypse - 1427 MB
Kudos to this guy.

vercity82

No I mean these are on the US psn right now I know about the full listing of games as that's what's out in Japan the list your out up.

You can do that, but you need to either have a US credit card or buy some US points cards (UK/EU points cards won't work.)

Also, if you do buy any physical games, any DLC you buy needs to be from the same region as the game.

sounds fair enough, cheers people.

This makes wipeout only £22.63, though I can see tax being added on.

Wii removed backward compatibility for GC
360 doesn't have backward compatibility

I can play ALL my Xbox games on 360. And ALL my GameCube games on Wii.

iLaaEqgut5ODQ.png

Coen

Pulled the trigger!
Pre-ordered a Wi-Fi Vita with the pre-order pack, 8 gig memory card and Everybody's Golf for 283 euro's shipped from amazon.de. Not a bad deal at all.

Damn this thread and its hype! I just re-instated my canceled Vita preorder from Amazon for the regular WiFi model. I will fight tooth and nail with myself to limit myself to one game...

EDIT: Crap! Totally forgot about no included memory. I planned on loading up on demos to hold me over until software prices dropped :-(

Canceled again...summer it is! Hopefully there's a mega-sale for the memory sticks eventually.

This thread is going to eat at me for the next couple of months, but I can't justify this purchase yet, GAHH. I'll just keep telling myself to learn from the 3DS that early adopters never win.

If you live in NA there is a 3g bundle that comes with an 8gig card, 250mb data plan for a month and a psn game for 300... not bad...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I have Timesplitters 2 for PS2. :)

Me too. Can play it on my PS3, but that's because I have a backwards compatible model.

Anyway, came to apologize for any perceived trolling here. Not trying to be a wet blanket and kill the fun, I just have my concerns.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
How large are the Vita game cards anyways? Up to 4gb? Larger?

I'm wondering if they wanted to stick with a 2gb card for Wipeout 2048 and ended up using heavy compression resulting in longer load times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom