• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStationUK Confirms Crash Bandicoot N'sanely trilog Is a PlayStation 4 Exclusive

Corpekata

Banned
Here, have a look for yourself when news of MCC surfaced:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=820291&page=1

There are the usual few port begging posts but in no way is the discussion dominated by exclusivity talk. That's the difference.

Difference in thread devoted specifically to the topic? Is the Crash thread where it was just announced or discussed in general overwhelmingly about platforms like you suggest?

Microsoft officially commented specifically about the demand for a PC version of MCC here. They did an interview specifically about it.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-explain...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Meanwhile like no journalists will even bother to ask about this.

GHG

Do you think this remake made in Unreal Engine 4 is being built on the literal source code of a PS1 game? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard yet
As for it being timed, you can just wait and see.

So you have nothing to back up your claims. You're acting all high and mighty while insulting other people despite providing nothing to verify your own claims? I'm done here.

dracula_x

No, they aren't. They are researching the code to build aproximated recreations of the original. The code isn't actually being used "inside" the game and Sony has no property rights whatsoever on the remake's code.

I've watched it. No old code is being used in the game, the source code of the originals is just being analised. It's quite a world of difference.

technically, it's the same thing as "using the code".

MUnited83

For you.
So you have nothing to back up your claims. You're acting all high and mighty while insulting other people despite providing nothing to verify your own claims? I'm done here.

I mean, you can just watch all the interviews with the devs, and you can just look a information on the game which has : A Activision owned studio doing a game for Activision, published by Activision, with no mentions of Sony anywhere, with the name Sony not being mentioned on the box art at all. And not a single press release calling it "exclusive". That sure is a lot of coicindences.

technically, it's the same thing as "using the code".

Researching to make a aproximation of your own and actually using the source code on the game are pretty different things, especially as ownership of code is concerned.

Vidal

449_jpg_9393.jpeg

I mean, you can just watch all the interviews with the devs, and you can just look a information on the game which has : A Activision owned studio doing a game for Activision, published by Activision, with no mentions of Sony anywhere, with the name Sony not being mentioned on the box art at all.

You been salty as fuck in every crash thread I've seen pop up

Go to bed

GHG

Difference in thread devoted specifically to the topic? Is the Crash thread where it was just announced or discussed in general overwhelmingly about platforms like you suggest?

Microsoft officially commented specifically about the demand for a PC version of MCC here. They did an interview specifically about it.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-explain...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Meanwhile like no journalists will even bother to ask about this.

This is literally a thread about it being a exclusive or not. Like, that's the exact place where people would discuss exclusivity. What did you expect, gardening tips?

I get what this thread is about. My point is that there is a tonal difference between the discussions that happen in these threads vs the usual port begging that goes on. The aggression levels are turned up to 100 here for some reason.

Let me simplify this for you and save you the song and dance along with all the finger pointing that's been going on in this thread.

If you care so much about these games and they end up being exclusive then you will get the platform they come out on in order to enjoy the games.

If not, then you'll live.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So do I wait for the switch version, or buy a ps4 for it?

I suppose that depends on how long you're willing to wait. I'm in the "temporary exclusivity" camp myself but I'd be surprised if it goes multiplatform less than a year following the PS4 release.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I don't understand the problem here even if it is exclusive.

Why do some people hate the idea of PS4 exclusives so much?

Do the latest mainline Halo games being Xbox exclusive get this much concern considering the earlier games were also out on the PC?

It's pretty transparent that some of y'all are picking and choosing when to be outraged about this whole console exclusive thing.

Because non-PS4 owners want to play this game without buying a Ps4? More platforms means more gamers get to play it , and thats great for all gamers,

thats what people say when they port beg Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2.

also allow for exclusive features not possible on the Ps4/Pro version. Higher graphical fidelity with PC or portable version with Switch

MUnited83

For you.
You been salty as fuck in every crash thread I've seen pop up

Go to bed
Dunno, sure seems like the ones being salty are the ones that seemingly cannot deal with a game not being exclusive and throw a shitfit whenever someone says the game isn't going to be one. All that arbitratry attachment to brands and corporations is pretty weird but you do you I guess.

Also great job at not answering, I showed how you were wrong and the only thing you can reply with is "lol salty".
I get what this thread is about. Let me simplify this for you and save you the song and dance along with all the finger pointing that's been going on in this thread.

If you care so much about these games and they end up being exclusive then you will get the platform they come out on in order to enjoy the games.

If not, then you'll live.

I own a PS4, but nice try I guess.

AHA-Lambda

Personally, I don't see why Crash would be on any console except PlayStation? It's basically seen as a PlayStation brand. Some franchises such as Tomb Raider, RE, Crash, etc. are simply seen as branded to PlayStation. Crash would barely sell on Xbox or any other platform not named PlayStation.

But Resi and TR are on other platforms, so why even make this point? You cut down your own argument

Elios83

Ahahah how is it possible that the exclusivity status of this game constantly causes so much drama in every thread about it?
As if it even mattered...this is no GTAVI or something like that.
It's obvious that this game is at least a PS4 timed exclusive.

AHA-Lambda

I don't understand the problem here even if it is exclusive.

Why do some people hate the idea of PS4 exclusives so much?

Do the latest mainline Halo games being Xbox exclusive get this much concern considering the earlier games were also out on the PC?

It's pretty transparent that some of y'all are picking and choosing when to be outraged about this whole console exclusive thing.

Take this point and apply it to RotTR. Now strictly speaking you're right, but people completely flipped out over that and certainly it seemed the zeitgeist was with them

I swear the message for this game gets more confusing the closer to release.

I will be getting it, but I wish we had actual official confirmation from Activision and Sony together about it.

Is it PS4 only?
Timed exclusive?
PS4 and PC only?

It was a Sony exclusive originally but it did have its fair share of Nintendo games and I wouldn't mind being able to play it on the Switch.

GHG

Because non-PS4 owners want to play this game without buying a Ps4? More platforms means more gamers get to play it , and thats great for all gamers,

thats what people say when they port beg Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2.

also allow for exclusive features not possible on the Ps4/Pro version. Higher graphical fidelity with PC or portable version with Switch

Do you know what would be really great for gamers? If we stopped all these petty platform war discussions and just enjoyed games in whatever flavours they come in. There will be exclusive games, like there always have been.

If you don't want to get multiple platforms then that's on you. Grow up and live with the consequences of your decisions.

If you own a ps4 then what's your problem? Help me understand why your participation in this discussion has taken the tone it has thus far. You can enjoy the game regardless of what happens in this case. But yet you're arguing with people here because...?

modsbox

So maybe I'm stupid for suggesting this, but is it possible that this game is exclusive to PS4 in Europe (and possibly other countries as well) but not in the US?

Seems to me it would be a fine way to give Sony some exclusivity for a lesser sum than global, and Xbox One is outsold handily in Europe (if I remember correctly PS4 is at about 4x lifetime sales of Xbox One in Europe).

Just thought I'd throw it out there since it doesn't seem all that implausible. Only place it will really sell on Xbox is in the US, and if they really want to they can bring it out digitally on Xbox in non-US countries later to give it timed exclusivity.

MUnited83

For you.
Do you know what would be really great for gamers? If we stopped all these petty platform war discussions and just enjoyed games in whatever flavours they come in. There will be exclusive games, like there always have been.

If you don't want to get multiple platforms then that's on you. Grow up and live with the consequences of your decisions.

Discussing if something is exclusive or not is not "platform war discussions". And you know what is great to make games enjoyed by many people? You guessed it, making them available in many platforms.

Dunno, sure seems like the ones being salty are the ones that seemingly cannot deal with a game not being exclusive and throw a shitfit whenever someone says the game isn't going to be one. All that arbitratry attachment to brands and corporations is pretty weird but you do you I guess.

Also great job at not answering, I showed how you were wrong and the only thing you can reply with is "lol salty".

Wait I thought it was a timed exclusive ? Now it's not exclusive ? which one is it ?

Lmao The good ole "I own all the consoles so I'm not a sweaty salty warrior" defense

You have literally shit up every single crash thread since announcement

I'm done with you kiddie

MUnited83

For you.
Wait I thought it was a timed exclusive ? Now it's not exclusive ? which one is it ?

Lmao The good ole "I own all the consoles so I'm not a sweaty salty warrior" defense

Timed exclusives are by their very nature not actual exclusives, as they are only so for a certain amount of time. Are you that dense that I need to explain that? Do you say Dragon Quest Heroes is a PS4 exclusive game? Do you say Nier Automata is a PS4 exclusive game because of two weeks delay on PC?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about a "defense". The dude said to get a PS4 if I want to play, I told him I already own one. That's not a defense, that's me telling I already own the damn thing so his argument doesnt make any sense. Damn, it seems you really have a hard time reading.

I'm done with you kiddie

ohnoes.gif~c200

I know a way to make both parties happy in this thread.

Crash Trilogy will be a lifetime Exclusive to PS4
in Japan

Does that please both parties? :p

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Personally, I don't see why Crash would be on any console except PlayStation? It's basically seen as a PlayStation brand. Some franchises such as Tomb Raider, RE, Crash, etc. are simply seen as branded to PlayStation. Crash would barely sell on Xbox or any other platform not named PlayStation.

Crash hasn't been a "PlayStation brand" since 2000. The last few Crash games didn't even get a PS3 release.

Roo

Ahahah how is it possible that the exclusivity status of this game constantly causes so much drama in every thread about it?
As if it even mattered...this is no GTAVI or something like that.
It's obvious that this game is at least a PS4 timed exclusive.
This is exactly why I didn't create this thread. It's always the same thing.
Apparently being exclusive (or not) is a big deal for some people.

Alright so the OPM UK issue of Crash is finally out and a friend of mine was able to snap together some bits and pieces of interview stuff and development info:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw4lj8K6_lOucWlkTTBhZlIwbmM

It does mention how they're using Sony owned assets and they have enough of the original games' data to use camera splines.
Wow nice!!
Will read it right now. Tell your friend we say thanks :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Can't wait for this game, its really shaping up to be something special

Probably has some kind of exclusivity deal. The irony being if it sells like shit on PS4 they won't bother porting it.

I...i don't think that's possible honestly. The buzz from the announcement alone was huge. This game is sure to be a success

I'd be surprised if it's exclusive given they would have made sure to refer to it that way from the beginning. Plus, we're talking about Activision here. They could have worked out a deal of some sort recently, but I've just assumed it would be multiplat. Regardless, it's a day one purchase for me.

//DEVIL//

Not at all. Sony only owns the publishing rights for the original PS1 games, nothing more than that. Activision does not need their permission at all in any way to do a remake of them.

The only thing Crash Sony does own is CTR.

"
That doesn't really fit. Activision can't do a remake of a Sony published game without their approval . Otherwise we would have a remake of Bayonetta 2 for example . Sony owns the publishing right for crash 1 to 3 meaning they can't release those games on any other platform without Sony approval . Remake,remaster or otherwise

MUnited83

For you.
That doesn't really fit. Activision can't do a remake of a Sony published game without their approval . Otherwise we would have a remake of Bayonetta 2 for example . Sony owns the publishing right for crash 1 to 3 meaning they can't release those games on any other platform without Sony approval . Remake,remaster or otherwise

Nope, that's not how it works at all. Sony only owns the publishing rights for the original games and the original games only. They only own the rights to sell PSX isos basically. They do not own the games.
Bayonetta 2 is owned by Nintendo. Crash 1 2 and 3 are not owned by Sony.

Vuze

Day 1 because is exclusive ? Lol thats sad
Brand warriors in a nutshell. Would probably pre-order a bag of hot air if it had a "PS4 exclusive" badge :p

I have very little interest in the game but the whole back and forth already tells me it will eventually be released on other platforms.

DVCY201

I mean, if I was Activision, I'd put it on all consoles. Just makes sense to maximize the profit and IP awareness. Can't be too hard to port either to XB1 or Switch.

Day 1 because is exclusive ? Lol thats sad

Probably day 1 cause he likes the games. Regardless of whatever you might think, he is free to do or buy whatever he likes and people really shouldn't have to be badgered for it.

PS4 is the only platform announced for a June release, correct? How do people not know the definition of exclusive? Future unannounced platforms don't skew its current exclusivity, be it a day, a month, year whatever. As of right now, today it's exclusive. Ffs.

That confirms it.

I thought it was a Timed Exclusive at first, but this is enough for me to believe it is a PS Exclusive.

Would prefer a PC version for level editing possibility.

Amusing thread to read so far!
I'm all in on day 1 myself, I need that remastered Crash 3: Warped injected straight into my veins.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Lying in your own promo materials is bad, Sony.

How is it lying?
The game obviously has some sort of exclusivity attached to PS4.
I'd imagine it's that way for at least 6-12 months minimum.

MUnited83

For you.
OléGunner;233714735 said:
Amusing thread to read so far!
I'm all in on day 1 myself, I need that remastered Crash 3: Warped injected straight into my veins.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

How is it lying?
The game obviously has some sort of exclusivity attached to PS4.
I'd imagine it's that way for at least 6-12 months minimum.

So would have it been cool for MS to keep up the charade of ROTR being exclusive until it suddenly released elsewhere when the period was over, instead of being upfront about it?
Because people here threw some pretty big shitfits because ROTR. Is it only okay when Sony does it?

So would have it been cool for MS to keep up the charade of ROTR being exclusive until it suddenly released elsewhere when the period was over, instead of being upfront about it?
Because people here threw some pretty big shitfits because ROTR. Is it only okay when Sony does it?

They should all clear it up sure (Activison, Sony, Vicarious)
I'm just saying, the game has some sort of exclusivity obviously.

You have literally shit up every single crash thread since announcement

I'm done with you kiddie

Why the agressivity though ? Don't worry, if Crash isn't exclusive, you'll still be able to enjoy it on PS4. And if it's exclusive, it won't make it better or worse. :p

It's just video games, no need to get on a personnal attack level because someone dares to discuss exclusivity in a thread questionning exclusivity :")

Top Bottom