• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStationUK Confirms Crash Bandicoot N'sanely trilog Is a PlayStation 4 Exclusive

True Fire

The irony behind this post is out of this freakin' world

Fun Fact: The poster you are replying too is one of the most notorious posters for doing this :D

I mean, exclusives in general are ironic. The first people to celebrate an exclusive are also the first ones to port beg.

In general I wish people would just accept exclusives either way. Yeah, PS4 is doing well this gen and is getting a disproportionate amount of exclusives. It was different last gen and it'll be different next gen.

Nothing about other platforms from Sony or on Activision's website, so until someone officially announces anything different, it seems it really is a PS4 exclusive.

Factually, Crash fans are multiplatform and the series has more games multiplatform than it has PS ones. In fact there's basically almost as many Nintendo Crash exclusives too.
The series' main recognised and beloved games are the PS Exclusive ones though, the fan base consensus is mixed to negative on post-ND Crash.

The bulk of Crash fans are on PlayStation. It's similar to FF. If this game was going to be multi platform at launch, the vast majority of sales would disproportionately be on PS4.

It mainly comes from some of PC GAF. They assume a great injustice is done to their preferred platform and chuck in the occasional insecurity when PS4 gets exclusives they would like to play.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

The bulk of Crash fans are on PlayStation. It's similar to FF. If this game was going to be multi platform at launch, the vast majority of sales would disproportionately be on PS4.

I find the idea that there's this substantial "Crash fanbase" that has been holed up waiting for new games exclusively with PlayStation for 15-20 years to be pretty... far-fetched.

The series' main recognised and beloved games are the PS Exclusive ones though, the fan base consensus is mixed to negative on post-ND Crash.

Yeah, while it's true that there have been quite a few multiplatform Crash Bandicoot titles, the ones that are fondly remembered and critically acclaimed were PlayStation exclusive. It would be disingenuous to say almost all of the mindshare isn't tied to Sony's platforms.

Erm for a long time the majority of ff titles were on nintendo platforms.

I'm talking about today.

FFXV and FFXIII disproportionately sold more on PS3 and PS4 than 360 and XBone.

I find the idea that there's this substantial "Crash fanbase" that has been holed up waiting for new games exclusively with PlayStation for 15-20 years to be pretty... far-fetched.
Sales figures of the digital classics suggest that is the case.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Do you know what would be really great for gamers? If we stopped all these petty platform war discussions and just enjoyed games in whatever flavours they come in. There will be exclusive games, like there always have been.

If you don't want to get multiple platforms then that's on you. Grow up and live with the consequences of your decisions.

If you own a ps4 then what's your problem? Help me understand why your participation in this discussion has taken the tone it has thus far. You can enjoy the game regardless of what happens in this case. But yet you're arguing with people here because...?

well the only way to end the platform war here is if everyone gets to play this game on all platforms.

I dont see why I need to not have a PS4 to have a problem. I wish to play a game with better performance than the current PS4/Pro version.

This has nothing to do with growing up btw.

^^

True. PSN Emails are not the most concrete sources.

TBH, the GAF console community is the most insecure here when talking about exclusives, I have yet to see the PC community actively trying to make console players desist in their thoughts of PC exclusives coming to consoles.

But every time someone suggests a console "exclusive" may come to other platforms, a lot of people jump into the thread trying to convince everybody that it won't happen.

No way. The posters that cause entire threads to derail from port begging the most are definitely those from PC GAF. I would say reading some of their stances on exclusivity (it shouldn't exist), definitely affirmed their insecurity in their existing great games no on the platforms they preferred.

Any reminder of this often leads to very reactionary posts.

The irony behind this post is out of this freakin' world

Fun Fact: The poster you are replying too is one of the most notorious posters for doing this :D

My case in point.

This shit never ends. I'm still convinced it's a timed exclusive. Sony would've been shouting it from the mountaintops if this collection was going nowhere else other than the PS4.

TBH, the GAF console community is the most insecure here when talking about exclusives, I have yet to see the PC community actively trying to make console players desist in their thoughts of PC exclusives coming to consoles.

Xcom 2.

Some parts of the world didn't even get a Final Fantasy until 7, like the UK for instance. Also, the franchise didn't take off in a stratospheric way sales wise until it hit the PlayStation brand.

It mainly comes from some of PC GAF. They assume a great injustice is done to their preferred platform and chuck in the occasional insecurity when PS4 gets exclusives they would like to play.

To be honest, I feel like insecurity comes from the people who worries about the loss of exclusivity. We had a brillant exemple with the Ni no Kuni II thread.
I mean, I have yet to hear about "PC GAF" (I hate these platform war terms) complaining about stomach hurting, physical pain because a PC game is coming to PS4.
Although, I have seen several exemple of that kind of post, of people getting into physical pain or feeling like their brand is devalued because a game stop being exclusive. :")

FelipeMGM

I hate the fact that this game is getting more attention because of some exclusive bs discussion then because of the game itself

Anyway, still not believing this and a promo email is hardly a ''PlayStation UK Confirmation''. PR will still call a timed exclusive an exclusive, which is prob the case here

Alienous

Yeah, Activision seem like the kind of company to leave money on the table to satisfy console warriors.

No, wait, they don't.

They seem like the kind of company that would allow it to be perceived as a PlayStation exclusive then release it elsewhere when that stops being lucrative.

If it were truly a PlayStation exclusive there wouldn't be this amount of confusion surrounding it.

Hektor

€: Nah, don't worth the effort.

Time is better spent for me insecure pc portbeg warrior playing persona 5 on the playstation // Legit shook

I don't know why people even stress about this shit or debate it. To me, it's simple.

Is it announced for any other system?

If yes, then it's not exclusive.
If no, then it is exclusive.

Apply the question at your leisure during your lifespan.

Rozart

Wait. Who was it that came forward and clarified that it was a timed exclusive? Was it another PS Branch or something? This back and forth is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, Activision seem like the kind of company to leave money on the table to satisfy console warriors.

No, wait, they don't.

They seem like the kind of company that would allow it to be perceived as a PlayStation exclusive then release it elsewhere when that stops being lucrative.

If it were truly a PlayStation exclusive there wouldn't be this amount of confusion surrounding it.

They really should just make it clear already. Although, I doubt people would stop discussing whether it really is a 'true' exclusive even then.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
And yet this remaster is made because only the PS fan had requested it.
Have you seen MS/N fan asking for a crash remaster to their company? No they only port beg because this is coming on PS4 thanks to the demand made by the PS users.
The reality is that crash is remembered only for the first trilogy made by Naughty Dog the other are more or less forgettable games.

I have not been asking for remakes, because I prefer new games, but I have been asking for a new Crash game all the time (not as much as new Banjo though) and only briefly planned getting a PS4 when it still looked like Microsoft wanted to take a dump on their customers with Xbox One online enforcement. You could probably call me a Nintendo fan without me complaining, though ;).

I dont think there's much of an audience on any other platform. Maybe Vita?

Honestly, I think there could an audience of sorts for it on Switch.

Family friendly platforming mascots are always welcome on Nintendo hardware. For example, Sonic games sell more on Ninty systems than they do on PS/Xbox, and the majority of backers for Yooka-Laylee pledged for the Wii U version, which prompted Playtonic to develop that version in-house while the Xbone/PS4 versions were outsourced.
that was before they cancelled Wii U in favor of Switch lol

SgtCobra

This thread is pretty funny actually. You can speculate all you want but no one here knows if this thing is exclusive or not. We can go by the official Sony marketing materials but people will still have their doubts so unless some higher up at activision or Sony gives us an official statement (which they won't which could be pretty telling) telling us it's (not) exclusive we won't be able to confirm anything (and even then some of us here will be skeptical).

thats false, dragon quest never had that label... ( i had one )
I can vouch for this, mine didn't have this either.

I hate the fact that this game is getting more attention because of some exclusive bs discussion then because of the game itself

Anyway, still not believing this and a promo email is hardly a ''PlayStation UK Confirmation''. PR will still call a timed exclusive an exclusive, which is prob the case here

You hate that a game is exclusive and is being more exposed than ever because it's back to being exclusive on the first console line it was created and became popular on?

€: Nah, don't worth the effort.

Time is better spent for me insecure pc portbeg warrior playing persona 5 on the playstation // Legit shook

There there.

To be honest, I feel like insecurity comes from the people who worries about the loss of exclusivity. We had a brillant exemple with the Ni no Kuni II thread.

Sure, but thats not limited to a certain platform: some will always get upset when exclusivity is lost, even on PC ;)

Lifeline

Guys, if it was exclusive, Sony would have confirmed it clearly by now.

Most likely its exclusive for the time being, not nothing's holding back Activision from porting it if sales are good.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
FYI, in this same email, PlayStation Italy listed GT Sport as "PSVR Required"

I woulnd't trust these things.

Those are early mockups pics then.
A game with optional PSVR compatibility will depict this banner
HustleKingsVR_boxart-815x1024.jpg

KORNdoggy

Guys, if it was exclusive, Sony would have confirmed it clearly by now.

you mean like a "playstation exclusive" sticker on the latest piece of advertising material?

what the hell sort of confirmation do people need these days? written and signed double spaced formal letter inserted into their ass cavity? lol

I don't understand the problem here even if it is exclusive.

Why do some people hate the idea of PS4 exclusives so much?

Do the latest mainline Halo games being Xbox exclusive get this much concern considering the earlier games were also out on the PC?

It's pretty transparent that some of y'all are picking and choosing when to be outraged about this whole console exclusive thing.

Bad example... People have been begging for PC Halo releases since Halo 3 lol.

Suzzopher

If they are using Sony owned code then I can see this collection being exclusive. If it sells well and demand is there then the next brand new Crash will absolutely be multiplatform.

PSFan

01141514166643.jpg

Close enough?

It's "Only on PlayStation", but it's basically the same thing. Unless "PS4 Exclusive" somehow carries more weight or something like that...

Well techinically, DQ Heroes is still Only on Playstation outside of Japan. As well as the standalone versions of DQH and DQH2 are only on Playstation. They aren't available separately on any other console. So the DQH box in the picture still holds true.

And Playstation is the only console that FFX/X2 is available on. PC really isn't a console.

Ascheroth

Well techinically, DQ Heroes is still Only on Playstation outside of Japan. As well as the standalone versions of DQH and DQH2 are only on Playstation. They aren't available separately on any other console. So the DQH box in the picture still holds true.

And Playstation is the only console that FFX/X2 is available on. PC really isn't a console.

That's not what "Only on Playstation" means though. That's why the term "console exclusive" exists.

MUnited83

For you.
you mean like a "playstation exclusive" sticker on the latest piece of advertising material?

what the hell sort of confirmation do people need these days? written and signed double spaced formal letter inserted into their ass cavity? lol

Considering advertising material have been constantly wrong, it's really no confirmation at all.
A confirmation would be like a press release saying it was exclusive.
Somehow, every single press release about this trilogy has avoided that term.
I wonder why that is, hmm...

thenameDS

I feel like due to the lack of communication and clarity it has to be a timed exclusive. Whatever the outcome I'm excited to play the trilogy again.

Pif

Banned
I don't know why people even stress about this shit or debate it. To me, it's simple.

Is it announced for any other system?

If yes, then it's not exclusive.
If no, then it is exclusive.

Apply the question at your leisure during your lifespan.

Resident Evil 4 would like to sit down with you and have a talk.

1 year exclusive is what it seems to be. Not that it matters much, Crash Bandicoot had it's prime days on Playstation, not elsewhere. An xbox port is gonna possibly be a flop. I can see a Switch version doing good though.

Top Bottom