• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Eurogamer put up a story on this on Facebook and the comments make me want to die. It's one thing to defend him, but to do it with your public facing profile and all that shit. The fuck is wrong with people.
Unfortunately there are parts of the country where racism is acceptable and encouraged. Some of these people probably live in areas with this is fine.

Eurogamer put up a story on this on Facebook and the comments make me want to die. It's one thing to defend him, but to do it with your public facing profile and all that shit. The fuck is wrong with people.

For comparison, here are some comments from their own site

yl4kukh.png

yl176upf.png

Riposte

I'm at a loss that Titanoboa just randomly admitted to purposefully hurting patients in a playful sadistic tone and no one seems to care. The most optimistic reading of this is that Titanoboa is an embarrassing edge-lord who is all too willing to reveal imaginary sadistic fantasies to strangers.

Come on, what Titanoboa did isn't right - but its hardly torture, its some discomfort and far less damaging than people expressing those opinions in the grand scheme of things.

This reply hurts my head.

I'm at a loss that Titanoboa just randomly admitted to purposefully hurting patients in a playful sadistic tone and no one seems to care. The most optimistic reading of this is that Titanoboa is an embarrassing edge-lord who is all too willing to reveal imaginary sadistic fantasies to strangers.

I cared :(

This gotta sting considering how much he loves Banjo/Rare. I would hope it would make him reflect on his recent comments and not triple down. Can't say I have much faith in him coming around after all this shit though.

besada

Banned

I think people mostly ignored it because it was off-topic and had nothing to do with the discussion, not to mention it's difficult to tell who's being an edgelord and who isn't.

That said, I couldn't help but notice that trying to stir up shit about the issue on Twitter wasn't enough for you, but you thought you'd come to stir some up in the thread itself. That was probably not your best idea.

I just mean lets stay on topic instead of turning on each other with statements of hyperbole, i wasn't defending Titanoboa, and lots of people cared.

Buckle

JonTron must be running what he says by a lawyer or third party as his post about this on Twitter seemed reasonable. Not what I expect from him at all.
After the Destiny interview I think he's scared as shit to start ranting about pretty much anything.

He's probably going to be on his best behavior for awhile.

Would love to show my support somehow but I just freakin hate the idea of preordering games... And I still don't know if I'll go PC or Switch

My question is... do you all think that this scumbag opposition is a majority of peeps that are old enough to have grown up playing Banjo Kazooie on their N64? When people say horrible shit online I tend to find solace in the thought that the majority are just little punk ass teenage bitches that couldn't pay a $5 prostitute to get in their bed. It's just such a strange thought of an outspoken racist enjoying such a happy game like Banjo Kazooie, especially since childhood.

joe2187

Banned
Jeeze the Playtonic forum thread has become infuriatingly toxic. 90% of the posts are from people who conveniently "Just made" accounts to comment and the rest are from long time forum members who believe Playtonic was pressured by "spineless SJWs" to remove Jons voice.

Sad to see the community for the game also have it's roaches nestled in.

Buckle

I want to scream every time I see someone says its "just a difference of opinion" to defend him or how his free speech is being violated.

Did we smash into an alternate dimension where white supremacy is a fresh new concept that we should just hear out and not the sort of inhuman vile shit that lead to horrors to dehumanize others like nazism, slavery and countless other nightmares?

But no, they're right. Nothing should be done, we should just be content to let history repeat itself as all these sorry pieces of shit continue to spread and increase their influence over the years and this continues to become normalized.

We don't have any responsibility to do better.

DJKhaled

I wonder if people can pressure A Hat in Time to do the same. It's releasing this year but they still have time. I've tweeted then but doubt they acknowledge it.

I want to scream every time I see someone says its "just a difference of opinion" to defend him or how his free speech is being violated.

Did we smash into an alternate dimension where white supremacy is a fresh new concept that we should just hear out and not the sort of inhuman vile shit that lead to horrors to dehumanize others like nazism, slavery and countless other nightmares?

But no, they're right. Nothing should be done, we should just be content to let history repeat itself as all these sorry pieces of shit continue to spread and increase their influence.

I suspect some of Jontron's fans who come to his defender on twitter/steam/YouTube are young and don't know much about history of how white supremacy works or have heard about it before so they think it's some differing political view instead of straight up hate speech. Or could just be 4chan-like edgelord racists getting their jollies off brigading these places because they're banned from everywhere else.

Dmax3901

I just watched Boogie's video response to all this "I don't agree with MOST of what Jon said, but I certainly don't fault him for trying on the idea."

Like... what?

But no, they're right. Nothing should be done, we should just be content to let history repeat itself as all these sorry pieces of shit continue to spread and increase their influence over the years and this continues to become normalized.

I feel the same way every time I see that garbage phrase or that one earlier about "so much for allowing diversity of thought".

Its odd isnt it? Those bozos are the ones yelling at people for condemning other people that have a different "opinion" (bigotry) but arent they're also frequently yelling at "SJWs" because they think differently from them?

They cant even follow their own nonsense "gotcha" logic.

Ms.Galaxy

I suspect some of Jontron's fans who come to his defender on twitter/steam/YouTube are young and don't know much about history of how white supremacy works or have heard about it before so they think it's some differing political view instead of straight up hate speech. Or could just be 4chan-like edgelord racists getting their jollies off brigading these places because they're banned from everywhere else.

A little from column A, and a whole lot from column B.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I feel the same way every time I see that garbage phrase or that one earlier about "so much for allowing diversity of thought".

Its odd isnt it? Those bozos are the ones yelling at people for condemning other people that have a different "opinion" (bigotry) but arent they're also frequently yelling at "SJWs" because they think differently from them?

They cant even follow their own nonsense "gotcha" logic.

Equivocation is pretty much what the entire modern conservative platform has devolved into. Easy to mock, but then you have to remember powerful folks like Zuckerberg defend their support for Thiel and Luckey in the name of "diversity" too, so it's not just a message-board thing and should be called out at every turn.

Codeblue

Yeah, the steam forums are full of shitheads, but that's true most of the time, on most issues. I do feel bad for Playtonic having to take a bunch of shit for doing the right thing. I sent them a congratulatory tweet. People should feel free to tweet them and thank them for their stance. Don't let the assholes be the only ones talking.

Great idea. I sent some kind words their way.

Hope they understand how much this means to people who have to deal with people like Jon on a daily basis.

Nanashrew

Banned
I decided to look at a number of the twitter people sad about JonTron and condemning Playtonic. I see some trump supporters and lots of them. I see GGers, I see pepes, anger about "SJWs," I see keks and white nationalists. Some saying things like "extremist left," they mostly have a picture of themselves as their avatar and are grown up white guys.

I shouldn't be surprised by this.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched Boogie's video response to all this "I don't agree with MOST of what Jon said, but I certainly don't fault him for trying on the idea."

Like... what?

He's the perfect example of asshole putting on a no-asshole mask solely to make himself look good. Sadly, a lot of people are easily being fooled by the mask, since it fits him so well and he had years to mold it.

I'm sure one of his tweets or videos will go over the edge and finally expose who he really is, but it might take a while. Jontron shows (again) that this tends to happen, though.

Edris

My thoughts exactly. But you said it way better than I ever could.

Conan-san

They'd have to try really hard to not be the better person, I'd say.

It's also easy to let profesionlsim fly out of the door.

Not to be agist but these guys have worked for years with people well beyond Jon's leauge. If they can deal with both Microsoft and Nintnedo's shit then they can deal with the ramblings of a moron.

Moobabe

Jeeze the Playtonic forum thread has become infuriatingly toxic. 90% of the posts are from people who conveniently "Just made" accounts to comment and the rest are from long time forum members who believe Playtonic was pressured by "spineless SJWs" to remove Jons voice.

Sad to see the community for the game also have it's roaches nestled in.

The community manager has got a bunch of hate mail as well, I'd imagine their PR inbox is probably chock full as well :(

I decided to look at a number of the twitter people sad about JonTron and condemning Playtonic. I see some trump supporters and lots of them. I see GGers, I see pepes, anger about "SJWs," I see keks and white nationalists. Some saying things like "extremist left," they mostly have a picture of themselves as their avatar and are grown up white guys.

I shouldn't be surprised by this.
I would have expected anime avatars :lol.

T.O.P

Banned
Mhmm. I was somehow always worse at doing blood draws whenever patients said shit like that to me during the primaries. Always took a few tries for some reason ��

wow

In topic, still not sold of the game but what they did seems in line with the type of game they are making

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Would not have thought Boogie would be OK with this, I'll be unsubscribing to him so.

I wonder if Jon will still buy Yooka-Laylee. It's almost certain he won't cover it on his channel after this.

My guess is he'll buy it, and not download the update, so he can sill "be in" the game.

Juicy Bob

If only people got equally as upset about systematic injustice and hate in Western society as they did about people criticising their favourite YouTubers.

This is what I keep coming back to in my head. It's completely and utterly ridiculous to try and make Jafari out to be some kind of cultural or political martyr.

ramparter

Banned
These are the types of filth that will send death treats or dox people.
It's easy to play tough on internet, I expect most of them can't even go outside their home on their own.
The "funny" part is that most of these people probably didn't even know about the game before the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom