• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! :) And holy... that's a brilliant idea you are a genius I would have never get that idea! o.o I tried it with selective color-filling but that didn't go well :/

Haha! I have fun coming up with little tricks like that to edit images. There are probably more elegant solutions to fix it, but I only know how to do what I'm able to figure out on my own. Filling in a space like that is hard to do manually!

Aggrotek

XL is the better version.

Try them both out in stores, if you can. I think the XL has a bit higher build quality overall, but the 3D effect isn't as great on it, if only because of the sheer size of the thing.

Even though i just said X is overrated and stuff, the XL is a better buy

I just want the best value. I will probably only use it for pokemon and AC, maybe Fire Emblem when it comes out.

Neiteio

I don't mind X so much but legendary Y looks so fucking dumb....
Untitled.png

He's gonna murk ya, son.

Berordn

I just want the best value. I will probably only use it for pokemon and AC, maybe Fire Emblem when it comes out.

Best value how? The OG 3DS is cheaper, but there's almost certainly going to be Pokemon and Fire Emblem bundles for both of them no matter where you are.

Aggrotek

Best value how? The OG 3DS is cheaper, but there's almost certainly going to be Pokemon and Fire Emblem bundles for both of them no matter where you are.

I'm like mega broke. lol I'm saving up slowly until October to buy both. I really hope there is a NA Pokemon Bundle.

Haha! I have fun coming up with little tricks like that to edit images. There are probably more elegant solutions to fix it, but I only know how to do what I'm able to figure out on my own. Filling in a space like that is hard to do manually!

Well I say it again you are really good with this and other than drawing it by hand I actually can't think of a more elegant solution :) But yeah manual graphics art is usually not easy I agree, that's also why I admire all these artists who already made awesome fan-art!

There is a really cute Fennekin avatar I want to use but it's already too cute...

Neiteio

still I hate how he needs the tail to be huge to fill the (Y) and it looks so dumb, it looks like the weird in-breed cousin of zapdos.
His tail is the best part. The fact it matches his wings makes him stand out. He's tri-metrical, for want of a better word. He just looks incredibly badass, having two powerful claw-tipped wing, and an equally robust and deadly-looking tail.

Uh, how. You're paying more for blown up, pixelated visuals.
Before I got an XL, I made a thread asking about the same concern. But trust me when I say the XL looks AMAZING. I still have both the original and the XL and can compare them side by side. You definitely want the XL. Mario Kart 7, for example, looks like a freaking GameCube game. It's amazing.

His tail is the best part. The fact it matches his wings makes him stand out. He's tri-metrical, for want of a better word. He just looks incredibly badass, having two powerful claw-tipped wing, and an equally robust and deadly-looking tail.

Before I got an XL, I made a thread asking about the same concern. But trust me when I say the XL looks AMAZING. I still have both the original and the XL and can compare them side by side. You definitely want the XL. Mario Kart 7, for example, looks like a freaking GameCube game. It's amazing.

Don't make me buy a XL I already spend too much over Christmas :(

Neiteio

Man, it's painful watching people like I was before the XL, full of doubt about whether it's the superior choice. The XL is so completely and utterly superior to the original in every way, including the screen, that it makes me both laugh and cry to see people resist it.

73V3N

Banned
I'm going with X because Mega Man X.

Or something like this...

I am really just going with Xerneas because he is the more majestic and amazing one. And I also had the immediate Great Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke vibe from him.

X

Croc

Banned
still I hate how he needs the tail to be huge to fill the (Y) and it looks so dumb, it looks like the weird in-breed cousin of zapdos.

I think it looks awesome cause it gives him a circular design that looks similar no matter what way you turn it; very cool and well thought out especially for being a bird.

Ashodin

I just realized that Nintendo is going to clean up October this year. That NPD is going to be explosive. Worldwide sales numbers will probably be the largest release of a game EVER.

Not sure how you all are picking sides.
I'm just gonna get both :p

Also I'm sure we're gonna get leaks for the starters. There were tons of leaks back when it was made purely in Japan, now there's globalization and such.

Neiteio

Untitled.png

He's gonna murk ya, son.
Just quoting myself cuz look at this motherfucker.

Also, at serebii.net, user Shadow Wolf posted the best take so far on the legendaries and the Norse mythology connection. This person believes the third legendary will be based on Niohoggr, not Jourmungandr. Niohoggr will raise the dead to fight the living during Ragnarok; he is the enemy of the bird of knowledge and the protector of the world tree, which seem likely to be the inspiration for Xerneas and Yveltal, respectively. In other words, the two new legendaries aren't rivals -- they share a common enemy in Z.

shadow wolf (at serebii.net) said:
The reason Niohoggr is being suggested is because it's part of the Yggdrasil Myth; which is believed to be a possible basis for Xerneas and Yveltal. Jourmangandr and Fenrir are part of the Ragnarok Myth, so there's no reason for Jourmangandr to be part of the XYZ Trio. There's also Ratatoskr but he seems more like the cute Legendary since he 's a squirrel, unless of course they did another pair of games WZ; assumption Ratatorskr is included.

While it would be intresting to see Ygggdrasil as a Pokemon, I feel it would be more approriate as a narrative element (especially if it has a similar impotance/role that it has in the Myth.). Nonetheless, whether GF decides to make it a Pokemon or Narrative Element, it will surely be intresting to see the way it plays out.

Jourmungandr is indeed refered to as The World Serpent, and it is considered a sea serpent, but sea serpents are classified as dragons, so...

Anywho, I do agree with you on wanting Fenrir and Jourmungandr, those guys are amazing.

Intresting since Xerneas can very easily symbolize Body because of the Myth of Eikpyrnir and since it is in a forest; symbolizes life and extension the physical. Xerneas role can be physical protector of the tree, as such he protects the Tree from physical harm. Also, he protects the Tree's secrets that Yveltal brings when Yveltal is in search of more information. He stays close and protects it from the constant threat of Nihoggr (Z).

The Mind can mean knowledge and in the Myth of Yggdrasil Veorfolnir and the Unnamed Eagle, the Unamed Eagle is said to contain much knowledge and Veorfolnir is theorized to search for knowledge to bring back to the Eagle. Perhaps this is the Role of Yveltal, he searches the world for knowledge and the comes back to the tree to store it and rest, until he once again goes of in search of more knowledge, and protects the secrets when he's present at the tree.

Niohoggr can represent the Soul; in the Mythos he bears the bodies of men on his wings, eats the Tree's root trying to topple the Nine Worlds, and shall rise the Dead to fight against the Living at Ragnarok. His role is quite intresting as he is clearly an antagonist, and if he is Z then that means he is not the stabilizer but the common enemy of Xerneas and Yveltal. His role is probably one of a constant threat to the tree as he could be attempting to destabilize the world and break the Life, Death, and Reincarnation/Rebirth Cycle.

So yes, quite intresting that Xerneas and Yveltal may be working together, while Z (their Third) is their enemy. Also, theorizing is fun.

I doubt it, as the only relation I can think of it's a European Legend. That said, it's perfectly possible for a Legendary based on the Authurian Legends to be made.

I sugessted the Canid Trio pages ago and with a little revision thanks to everyone, Here it is:

Canid Trio:

Fenrir
Skoll
Hati

Fenrir would be the leader of the Trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom