• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia

THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS
Pinsir.png

Look at this motherfucker. Half his body are giant pincers of doom. His eyes are pure evil. And I don't know how it eats but look at those teeth. It probably involves a shitload of pain.

Heracross.2004.png

Look at this guy. His horn doesn't have spikes or anything. His eyes are big ol' normal eyes. And that mouth isn't going to do much anytime soon.

Pinsir is preparing his comeback.

Yeah, Pinsir needs like a Scizor equivalent - Bug/Steel with metal teeth or something.
Oh hell no. I don't want a plastic Pinsir with his pincers replaced by dumb as hell round scissors.

Ezalc

I see the evolution talk is forgotten but I fucking need an evolution for Pinsir. Look at the face of that motherfucker. Pinsir is pure evil. Give him an hercules beetle evolution and let him lay waste rather than being obscured by that pansy Heracross.

Oh hell no. I don't want a plastic Pinsir with his pincers replaced by dumb as hell round scissors.

Hating on Heracross and Scizor? What the fuck AM I thought you were cool.

aizohq3e50.jpg

That sounds terrible, my imagination is clearly cooler than yours.

That's basically what Scizor is and it seems everyone prefers him to the awesome that was Scyther. Design-wise, I mean.

That steel ant is pretty cool, though. As was Yanmega. Bug-types have got some awesome looks. Can't believe the only legendary is a stupid transformer bug rather than some gigantic Spider Queen.

injurai

Banned
That's basically what Scizor is and it seems everyone prefers him to the awesome that was Scyther. Design-wise, I mean.

That steel ant is pretty cool, though. As was Yanmega. Bug-types have got some awesome looks. Can't believe the only legendary is a stupid transformer bug rather than some gigantic Spider Queen.

While your full of awful opinions on this page, a Spider queen legendary would be pretty bad ass.

Yeah, that summary made it clearer to me that I should do a blackout to ensure a completely fresh game knowing nothing other than what was in the first trailer. Darn, I'll probably have to not go into community either. Maybe the wait could be easier as well haha.
The Community thread didn't allow Black 2/White 2 spoilers, so it probably won't be long before discussing X/Y is no longer allowed.

People's avatars are probably going to spoil you though.

Izayoi

Banned
Don't just watch the first episode.. Narutaru gets dark very quick starting from episode 2. Makes the end of Evangelion seem kinda sane.
Don't even bother with the anime, the manga is where the real shit is at. Anime is positively tame in comparison.

tnaden

Don't even bother with the anime, the manga is where the real shit is at. Anime is positively tame in comparison.

I've avoided that so far.. don't know if I want to read that.

Anyway! Pokemon! Frog starter is where it's at. Y legendary is superior. Can't wait until October.
Have to buy a 3DS.

Y legendary is awesome, best design in a long time. I don't know about the starters. I got Treeko in Gen III because I thought it'd turn into something awesome and Sceptile looks lame as fuck. The frog looks kinda stupid, the other two look like they'll evolve into something cool.

I didn't even get B2/W2, but Black had some cool ideas. If I'm reading right, Kyurem and one of the legendaries from B/W can fuse? That's awesome. They have to do more fusions like that.

Still hate that I can't get all legendaries with just Black. Fuck game exclusive legendaries. And event exclusive legendaries.

Hypatia

Anyway! Pokemon! Frog starter is where it's at. Y legendary is superior. Can't wait until October.

I dont think I've really liked the main legendaries since like... Gen 2? Lugia basically.

X and Y don't seem to be changing that, not that the designs are bad... I kinda like both of them anyway.

I really hope X and Y aren't filled to the brim with legendaries like Diamond/Pearl.

Yes please. I wonder what they could do for their next fossil types...

Maybe prehistoric mammels or something...

Sabertooth and Mammoth. And there's so many unused dinosaurs...

And yeah Bug-types have some of the coolest designs this side of Dragon. Even Scizor and Heracross are cool. Just not as much as Scyther and Pinsir.

injurai

Banned
Sabertooth and Mammoth. And there's so many unused dinosaurs...

And yeah Bug-types have some of the coolest designs this side of Dragon. Even Scizor and Heracross are cool. Just not as much as Scyther and Pinsir.

We have a mammoth, and a Legendary Sabertooth...

I was thinking more along the lines of megafauna,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinotherium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast's_eagle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diprotodon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatherium

PK Gaming

I see the evolution talk is forgotten but I fucking need an evolution for Pinsir. Look at the face of that motherfucker. Pinsir is pure evil. Give him an hercules beetle evolution and let him lay waste rather than being obscured by that pansy Heracross.

I'm not going to insult you or anything

I will just impart you with the knowledge that Pinsir is literally overshadowed by Heracross. They have near identical stats, but Heracross gets better moves (Megahorn).

Have fun ♪

Magnus

Man, some of this art.

uYW0e.jpg

Pokemon fans sure are a dedicated bunch.

Good lord that's gorgeous. Places Xerneas and Yveltal perfectly in accordance with the myths they're likely attributed to. Awesome.

And man, I love seeing these hypothetical evolution fanarts. The wise old frog third Evo for Froakie is spectacular. Surely such hypotheticals were created for previous gens by eager fans? I'd love to see speculated evolutions and compare them to what we wound up with in the actual games.

Question: Which news post/update broke the names of the two legendaries? Curiosity for me.

I'm not going to insult you or anything

I will just impart you with the knowledge that Pinsir is literally overshadowed by Heracross. They have near identical stats, but Heracross gets better moves (Megahorn).

Have fun ♪
I'm not talking gameplay wise. I'm talking design wise.

There's nothing Pinsir does better than Heracross other than looking boss? Well, even more of a reason to give him an evolution.

PK Gaming

I'm not talking gameplay wise. I'm talking design wise.

There's nothing Pinsir does better than Heracross other than looking boss? Well, even more of a reason to give him an evolution.

well

pinsir gets a different of abilities, but they're generally worse.

i hope heracross gets an evolution at the same time as pinsir, and they continue the trend of making heracross better :p

PS: Design wise, I think heracross is arguably the best looking bug type.

injurai

Banned
Raikou isn't a Sabertooth!

From Bulbapedia

Origin
Raikou is particularly based on the Thunder and Lightning gods of most cultures surrounding the world, mostly the 雷獣 raijū, a thunder demon of Japanese lore. It is said to be a creature that could take the form of a tiger, monkey, blue wolf wrapped in lightning, and many other animals. Raikou is specifically based on its tiger form, while the Pokémon Manectric is based on its wolf form. In terms of physical build, Raikou is based on the Smilodon fatalis, a well-known but extinct species of wildcat often referred to as a saber-toothed tiger. Its color and pattern scheme are reminiscent of that of a Bengal Tiger. The stripes that decorate Raikou's body also can be compared to zigzagging thunderbolts and perhaps even scars from claws. The white ruff around Raikou's face is akin to the Siberian Tiger's thick fur around its neck. In the anime, Raikou is shown to be very agile, swift, stealthy, and a powerful attacker, just like a tiger. The gray "plate" atop its head may be similar to Entei's head ornament, being either a helmet or crown that signifies courage and power. The flowing purple mane on its back is likely meant to invoke the image of a cumulonimbus cloud, the cloud type most often associated with thunderstorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom