• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

So I heard you guys like the female trainer and Chespin

pokemon_x_y_by_floisonkeya-d5qwwjx.png

chespin__human__finished_by_chespin-d5qvm4j.png

the_new_grass___chespin_by_vavacung-d5r2ipg.png

sutle_concept_art_pokemon_x_and_y_fennekin_by_goldchic-d5qx3qt.png

ahuahuahuahua

Aggrotek

So I heard you guys like the female trainer and Chespin

ahuahuahuahua

Is the Chespin in the hoodie a boy?

Edit: Also, I have some news!

I am going to start a Nuzlocke run! Gunna start with Emerald because I do not have the ability to capture B/W2.... So you know what that means?

I need your guys' input for who I should choose as my starter, and nicknames. Best will be chosen. This will be uploaded to YouTube assuming I can get all the audio/visual stuff working properly. :)

Aggrotek

Seriously guys, if I record and upload a Nuzlocke run of Emerald will any of you watch it/participate in nicknaming things ect.?

Aggrotek

Of course! There's nothing I enjoy more than a good Nuzlocke, and I'd be extra involved if you gave GAF shout-outs and let us pick some names :)

Is the Chespin in the hoodie a boy?

Edit: Also, I have some news!

I am going to start a Nuzlocke run! Gunna start with Emerald because I do not have the ability to capture B/W2.... So you know what that means?

I need your guys' input for who I should choose as my starter, and nicknames. Best will be chosen. This will be uploaded to YouTube assuming I can get all the audio/visual stuff working properly. :)

No one replied. :(

Aggrotek

Well, I can't start on this tonight, I have work bright and early. But I will begin to record and such right when I get home around 3pm EST. I hope to keep this pretty active and really want any input and ideas that you guys have. :) GAF will definitely get shoutouts and I will credit anyone who's nickname is picked.

Here are the rules I am looking at:

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

2. I can only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

3. If I encounter a duplicate of a Pokemon I already have that hasn't died, I can encounter one more Pokemon. If that Pokemon is a duplicate, I'm shit out of luck. (Up for debate)

4. No legends.

5. Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Any other suggestions?

Drago

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

2. I can only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

3. If I encounter a duplicate of a Pokemon I already have that hasn't died, I can encounter one more Pokemon. If that Pokemon is a duplicate, I'm shit out of luck. (Up for debate)

4. No legends.

5. Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Any other suggestions?

6. No repels, for extra challenge maybe?

qq more

Even though I was kidding about the name suggestion for Treecko, I think it would actually be pretty cool if you named them after GAFers.

No.991 tiggerkiddo
Trainee Pokemon
FLYING WATER
HT 1′05″
WT 10.3 lbs.

It collects Pokemon bones and carries its findings back to its den. Its charming appearance is popular among little girls.

collector of bones I see!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
People are already doing trainer fanart based off of the in-game sprites? I'm not digging the female trainer's top hat-looking-thing, but it could be much worse. It could be a tiny hat.

Tyeforce

Y is the male chromosome :3
I know X is the female chromosome and Y is male, but going by how the trainers have been named in past Pokémon games (or, rather, the manga, since the characters haven't been named after the version names since Gold and Silver, and even that was changed in HeartGold and SoulSilver), the male trainer is always named after the primary version (Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, HeartGold, Black, Black 2, X) and the female trainer is named after the secondary version (Green/Blue, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, SoulSilver, White, White 2, Y). So chances are that the male character is going to be referred to as X in prerelease material and in the manga, and the female trainer will be referred to as Y.

zroid

Banned
That's also how the colours match on their outfits and the games' respective logos/legendaries, but until confirmed otherwise, I plan to continue calling the girl X and the guy Y. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom