• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Japan is fast...

32737442_m.png

I think it's already crammed with 600+ Pokemon models - unless they use a high density card?

Battle scenes are good - overworld has never been good in Pokemon games.
Is that an excuse? You'd think after so long they would strive for a bit more, it feels like they are trudging a gen behind. This is what I expected the DS games to look like

Sorry for the lame OP, guys. I've been stuck on mobile since early this morning, and I won't be able to get back to my computer until noon.

I'll definitely update it then, so just hang tight and don't hate me too much... ^_^;

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is that an excuse? You'd think after so long they would strive for a bit more, it feels like they are trudging a gen behind. This is what I expected the DS games to look like

"Excuse" again. Especially that there are notes that this isn't the final look of the game...

And I really doubt those battle scenes can be done in a DS game.

Also again, forgetting that they have 600+ models of Pokemon in the game. Not sprites. Models.

I mean, I can get that argument if the game doesn't use models.

Wiz

Sorry for the lame OP, guys. I've been stuck on mobile since 8:00 AM, and I won't be able to get back to my computer until noon.

I'll definitely update it then, so just hang tight and don't hate me too much... ^_^;

No worries man, it's been updated for you. :)

Meier

Absolutely cannot wait to play this. It looks fantastic. 2013 will be a very nice year for the 3DS.. I'll probably have to upgrade to an XL at some point. Silly me for buying on launch day!

Trigger

I'm fully caught up and hyped. I'll pick a starter when we know what the evolutions are (my gut says Froakie will have the better overall designs later on). Also, the female trainer looks great.

"Excuse" again. Especially that there are notes that this isn't the final look of the game...

And I really doubt those battle scenes can be done in a DS game.

Also again, forgetting that they have 600+ models of Pokemon in the game. Not sprites. Models.

I mean, I can get that argument if the game doesn't use models.
Agreed. I think people are forgetting what the DS was capable of polygon-wise. Take a look at DQIX which seems to be that system pushed to its limits. Those battles pale in comparison to what they've shown already for X+Y.

Mit-

Guys, guys. Guys you know what this means? 3rd gen remakes will be in full 3D most likely as well.

Or no more remakes because it's too much work and instead X2 Y2 with all the same Pokemon models and animations and lots of reused palettes/objects from X and Y.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Agreed. I think people are forgetting what the DS was capable of polygon-wise. Take a look at DQIX which seems to be that system pushed to its limits. Those battles pale in comparison to what they've shown already for X+Y.

DQIX couldn't even muster 3D NPCs, most of them were sprites. X/Y are a big leap forward and they just need a little polish in the field scenes to look perfect IMO.

The battle scenes look great already.

I like the classy design for the girl trainer, but the guy looks super generic.

So I may actually choose the girl trainer this time. Even though I'm a dude. That's cool right?

Did you have a Super DS?
Yeah it played these crazy 3D games like Zelda, Dragon Quest IX, and Okamiden. This game looks on par with them, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the Pokemon team could (and should) be aiming to compete with the likes of the MonHun team.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm more worried on whether this will be a "reset" like Gen III with Pokemon data.

DQIX couldn't even muster 3D NPCs, most of them were sprites. X/Y are a big leap forward and they just need a little polish in the field scenes to look perfect IMO.

The battle scenes look great already.

Yeah this. People either overestimate DS or just judge the game based on the overworld.

Yeah it played these crazy 3D games like Zelda, Dragon Quest IX, and Okamiden. This game looks on par with them, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the Pokemon team could (and should) be aiming to compete with the likes of the MonHun team.

Yeah no - the battle graphics this game has pretty much trumps Zelda, DQ and Okamiden. Hell, even monster details vs. MH.

I thought the video was nice. I agree that outside battles the game looks rough. A lot like black and white but with some small improvements. Battles look great and thats what I expect the most to be honest. I am glad I waited out on B&W 2 as I knew this was coming around the corner. B&W was my least favourite pokemon game due to how empty the world felt. I just hope they can give us a big overworld this time than some new engine experiment.
Finally we can experience a true 3d Pokemon game. Pokemon Colosseum which was serviceable was still not a proper Pokemon game.

KrawlMan

Movement still looks grid based, I hope not, 3D with analogue stick, I don't want grid based movement... graphically I expected more on 3DS, looks fine in general though.

I was thinking the same thing about the grid based movement :( . Has this been confirmed anywhere?

Comandr

8mVVX.jpg

Not really liking the look for the new trainer. Game looks great otherwise.

Am I the only one that saw him STANDING IN FRONT OF A MIRROR and immediately thought "Customization?" Who is to say that's not on the table? For me, the design choice of putting sunglasses on top of the hat almost immediately says "head accessory" to me. If Nintendo shows all their cards now, e3 won't be interesting.

Especially with the explosion and penetration of Miis since the Wii launched, I can't believe there won't be customizable trainers.

Also: Pikachu shooting lightning (spreading his influence?) all over Earth from France, and the in-game Eiffel Tower indicate moving away from fictitious Regions and getting a "real world" Pokémon experience moving forward from X/Y?

Emitan

Glasses aren't that expensive.

Why? When have they ever competed graphically before?

Darryl

Banned
honestly if we get every single I-VI Pokemon in it with unique animations that'd be a feat of its own

im imagining that the animations are attack-based and are only unique in a "idle animation for each Pokemon" kinda way? sorta how Blak and White worked with its small use of animation

then again the trailer suggest otherwise, but if im mistaken that'd be a really cool surprise. Can they even cram that in there?

yea i would imagine that each pokemon would have 7-8 animations that blend with the individual ability animations. no way in hell there's completely unique animations - that would be too ambitious.

i think the fan outrage from either sticking with the original 150 all of the way, completely ignoring all previous pokemon each generation, or reducing the games length significantly would be far worse than the ones we get for slightly lower graphical quality.

OmegaFax

The polygonal 3D graphics remind of those seen in the DS remake of Final Fantasy 3.

First thing I had to laugh at was the names, particularly "Pokemon Y" just because that's what I was asking myself.

Literally think X and Y must be a literal reference to only being able to move in the X and Y plane.

I guess they ran out of primary colors and no one at Nintendo/Pokemon Company was a fan of either numbering systems or coloring combinations like FireRed or HeartGold.

Wiz

How about no more remakes because fuck remakes?

A 3D remake to Ruby/Sapphire would do it great justice. And plus why not? Pokemon is a yearly thing now anyways. Might as well do it to fill any future gaps (and rake in money).

But whatever, this is about X/Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom