• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

VG24/7 ain't checking Twitter handles either

DhrTUTg.png

Their sin shall not be forgotten
KuGsj.gif

So can anyone recap why Gen 6 was bad?

I lost interest as soon as i saw mega evolutions

I didn't hate it, but I sure did hate how short it was, and how there was little to no end game.

Beat it in 60 hours, and stopped there.

Most Pokemon games take me for 120+ hour adventures (including end game.)

I stand by my belief that this is just another Generation VI game.

Note: The above is speculation and not indicative of insider knowledge
Is there anything genuinely supporting this and the idea that Nintendo would break from their rule of naming Pokemon games? Surely if this was still Kalos it would be indicated in the name.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Wish I could get excited for this, but until I hear the IVs are completely revamped to the point where I don't have to breed relentlessly to perfect them, then I don't think I'll ever get another Pokemon game, which is unfortunate since I loved the series as a kid.

udivision

If it is a gen 7 game, it would be weird for them to have to switch hardware in the middle of a gen with the eventual remake/third version.

But if you're Game Freak, you don't really care about things like the 3DS being on its way out or making sure to have an NX presence fairly early. You see that the 3DS has the largest install base of any console right now, and you see that you can still take advantage of it.

woodland

What they should do is focus on making each pokemon unique and viable. Make legendaries statistically comparable to evolved normals but with quirky traits/abilities

Instead lets make everything legendary.

Yes please.

What if Kalos was so barebones and easy was because they needed some revenue on the way to making a 3D overworld and just hadn't finished it yet. Please.

21XX

Banned
Post game - "what is that again?"
Exp Share pls ban
"Everyone hated how good Black and White's story was so let's make X and Y's suck"
Lag with 3D
No post game
Too easy

Although there were a bunch of improvements competitive wise so that's good

I didn't finish the game, but I thought exp share was the best thing to happen in a long time. I definitely don't have the personal investment in the series anymore to sit and swap back and forth between party members just to get them a sliver of exp.

Post game - "what is that again?"
Exp Share pls ban
"Everyone hated how good Black and White's story was so let's make X and Y's suck"
Lag with 3D
No post game
Too easy

Although there were a bunch of improvements competitive wise so that's good

I feel Iike megas would undermine the metagame

High stat legendaries and megas having DBZ fights....

Sounds lame mechanically

Maniel

Banned
I feel like this has to be a new gen. They just revealed a new Pokemon that can't even be hacked into the current games a few weeks ago.

Kinsei

Banned
Wish I could get excited for this, but until I hear the IVs are completely revamped to the point where I don't have to breed relentlessly to perfect them, then I don't think I'll ever get another Pokemon game, which is unfortunate since I loved the series as a kid.

Why do you care about IVs? They mean nothing in game and if you're trying to be competitive you're pretty much forced to cheat anyways because of how long it would take to level the Pokemon.

I feel like this has to be a new gen. They just revealed a new Pokemon that can't even be hacked into the current games a few weeks ago.

They revealed Munchlax before Emerald. Ho-Oh was in the very first episode of the anime, long before Yellow was a thing.

Zalman

IVs have existed since the beginning of the franchise. You don't have to breed. Most people don't.

JoeM86

Is there anything genuinely supporting this and the idea that Nintendo would break from their rule of naming Pokemon games? Surely if this was still Kalos it would be indicated in the name.

They want to surprise their audience now rather than go for what is expected of them.

There's also Generation VI stuff that hasn't been touched.

3 Moves coded in, not used (two of them clearly Zygarde, one Floette)
1 form coded in, not officially revealed (Floette)
1 Pokémon coded in, revealed, not released (Volcanion)
4 forms revealed, not coded in (Zygarde)
Whatever the hell Ash Greninja is

Plus distributions all year to XYORAS

Gen 6 can be a new region. The defenition of generation has more to do with new Pokémon than new regions. If this game has an all new region but only has new forms and Megalutions then it is still Gen 6. It is only if it has new Pokémon that it is Gen 7.

Betty

Banned

Believe.

Everyone was doubting when we said 7th gen was coming this year and on 3DS but it's TIME.

Trey

Mega Darkrai, ability - nightmare field: 80% chance to put opposing Pokémon to sleep when switched in(or at the start), drains 25% health every turn on sleeping Pokémon

We coming for you mega Rayquaza.

This sounds horrible in every way.

Inukage

They want to surprise their audience now rather than go for what is expected of them.

There's also Generation VI stuff that hasn't been touched.

3 Moves coded in, not used (two of them clearly Zygarde, one Floette)
1 form coded in, not officially revealed (Floette)
1 Pokémon coded in, revealed, not released (Volcanion)
4 forms revealed, not coded in (Zygarde)
Whatever the hell Ash Greninja is

Plus distributions all year to XYORAS
Your not stopping the Gen 7 hype, just believe!!! I'll be reading the coro coro leaks on your site a few months from now ;)

deleted

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond on the DS (Yellow was the last before that one) - if I like the new Pokemon I'm in.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Why do you care about IVs? They mean nothing in game and if you're trying to be competitive you're pretty much forced to cheat anyways because of how long it would take to level the Pokemon.

Uh...outside of IVs, you can get a pokemon to 100 really quick, either through Restaurants in X/Y (admittedly not as fast to get to 100), or Chansey/Blissey secret bases in ORAS once you have EVs taken care of with horde battles.

Mega evolutions were probably the best part.

If they had been included in addition to a substantially larger # of new pokemon, then maybe. As it turned out, don't think I can agree.

Joqu

Well hey, I was definitely expecting a new gen VI game and now I'm not too sure any more. Considering the next game is going to be an anniversary game who knows how they're doing things this time though. Hmm.

We'll know soon enough what this really is though!

lazyguy

I stand by my belief that this is just another Generation VI game.

Note: The above is speculation and not indicative of insider knowledge

That's what you want us to think. I'm on to your little games here.

I myself can't wait for Pokemon Pulp and Pokemon No Pulp.
#Teamnopulp.

BioFan

If it is a gen 7 game, it would be weird for them to have to switch hardware in the middle of a gen with the eventual remake/third version.

But if you're Game Freak, you don't really care about things like the 3DS being on its way out or making sure to have an NX presence fairly early. You see that the 3DS has the largest install base of any console right now, and you see that you can still take advantage of it.

As a late adopter of the n3ds (just got it last month), I want Nintendo to keep supporting the 3DS for a while. At least 2 more years. I will get the NX and the next Nintendo handheld when there is enough games for it.
Honestly I think coming to the 3DS so late made me realised how good the system is. So mamy good games that I misses out. So I welcome more 3DS games pleaseeee!

I mean legendaries have been shitty since the first game because of their stat profiles but clever players found ways to counter them

Instead of balancing the game they just make everything legendary/mega

I want to care about my beloved pokemon again not just pick to highest stat shit

Gimme some hard choice, customization, risk/reward setups

Does the Gen 6 meta play this way?

Cuz Ruby Saffire had some of my favorite mechanics

Azuran

Banned
they're uninspired, edgy as fuck, and hardcore pandering
They're the worst and we had half a generation because of them

You can easily tell the people that have never played competitive Pokémon.

Megas were one of the greatest additions to the series.

Kinsei

Banned
I mean legendaries have been shitty since the first game because of their stat profiles but clever players found ways to counter them

Instead of balancing the game they just make everything legendary/mega

I want to care about my beloved pokemon again not just pick to highest stat shit

Gimme some hard choice, customization, risk/reward setups

Does the Gen 6 meta play this way?

Cuz Ruby Saffire had some of my favorite mechanics

Megas aren't like legendaries though. Heck mega Garchomp is actually worse than regular Garchomp.

I don't care about competitive battling at all. I'd prefer a new single stage Pokemon with the base stats of Sunkern over all of the megas we got in X/Y.

Please explain

Outside of the obvious creative misgivings (and spoiling otherwise classic Pokemon)
What does it contribute mechanically?

upandaway

Gen 6 can be a new region. The defenition of generation has more to do with new Pokémon than new regions. If this game has an all new region but only has new forms and Megalutions then it is still Gen 6. It is only if it has new Pokémon that it is Gen 7.
If Gamefreak releases a game with a new name and a new region, but no new Pokemon, it would probably start a civil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom