• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinokou

Personal wish list of new megas (mostly ones that could even maybe possibly happen because Sun/Moon motifs):

Clefable (but balanced pls)
Starmie
Gen 2 Starters (cuz another Gen 2 remake isn't coming anytime soon)
Noctowl
Sunflora
Umbreon / Espeon
Xatu
Bellossom
Flygon (for fuck's sake)
Cacturne
Lunatone / Solrock
Grumpig
Tropius
Cherrim
Mismagius
Weavile
Musharna
Sigilyph
CHANDELURE PLEASE
Volcarona
Gen 6 Starters (if not Gen 2 ones, cuz it seems like a good time for these to get megas)
Heliolisk
Noivern (just cuz)

Design wise I find Reuniclus to be a prime mega candidate it's so easy to imagine them giving it more skeletal limbs. And Flygon has to happen, my dragon team craves it.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
So someone's using this theory

K1Nbc1S.jpg

red and blue cores are accounted for

but the orange and cyan ones aren't

they match Sun and Moon colors

So this poster shows the Sundial, and it also prominently features the Lighthouse in the top right corner too, perhaps the Lighthouse is the "moondial" equivalent?

edit: or maybe i'm dumb and that's just the dude's arm and hand

I really hope they make use of the New 3DS's extra power.

I'd like to have better performance in 2D mode and for there to be 3D in both the battles AND exploring around the world.

Red and Blue
Gold and Silver
Ruby and Sapphire
Diamond and Pearl (No red vs blue theme)
Black and White
X and Y

That's one inconsistency (X and Y).
Diamond is pale blue and Peal is pale red.

Ho-oh is red and Lugia is blue.

Zekrom has blue lightning on the cover and Reshiram has white fire on the cover.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
So this poster shows the Sundial, and it also prominently features the Lighthouse in the top right corner too, perhaps the Lighthouse is the "moondial" equivalent?

edit: or maybe i'm dumb and that's just the dude's arm and hand

I thought you were being sarcastic at one point lol. No i think its just the megachain thing on his hand.

Kinsei

Banned
Diamond is pale blue and Peal is pale red.

Ho-oh is red and Lugia is blue.

Zekrom has blue lightning on the cover and Reshiram has white fire on the cover.

That shit is pink.

Gold and Silver, that's proving the pattern.

And those are the legendaries of White and Black respectively.

That shit is pink.

Gold and Silver, that's proving the pattern.

And those are the legendaries of White and Black respectively.
Oh I was just pointing out that all of the games have a red/blue theme. You pointed out that red doesn't always come first yourself.

If Moon and Sun are direct sequels to X and Y for some horrible reason, it's obvious Moon would come first.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh I was just pointing out that all of the games have a red/blue theme. You pointed out that red doesn't always come first yourself.

If Moon and Sun are direct sequels to X and Y for some horrible reason, it's obvious Moon would come first.

Oh, my bad!

Yup, Zed, I think it's derived from zeta though. This way the Pokemon Company can avoid cultural differences and sell 2 games. It's too early to say for sure that this is actually Gen VII and not Gen VI.

For what it's worth I have never in my 31+ years of life heard anyone in real life say Zed instead of Zee. In fact the only time I can think of in my entire life that I've ever heard someone say Zed, is in the Star Trek blooper reel where Patrick Stewart sings the ABC Love Song. I know it's anecdotal, but I sincerely doubt that has anything to do with them not calling it "Z".

But sequels/third versions that improve on the originals are always end up being the best games in the series. They also tend to have a lot of post game.

Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 are top tier.
I'd still rather have something completely new than to have to walk around that city and listen to Team Flare again. OR/AS had a lot of the post game stuff you'd expect anyway.

The optics for the abbreviations aren't that great either way.

Pokemon S&M
Pokémon MS
Pokemon MS expresses the feeling we'll all have if we have to go back to Kalos.

The optics for the abbreviations aren't that great either way.

Pokemon S&M
Pokémon MS
The first one is amazing. Also reminds me of when I was reading the pokemon special manga. And Whitney asks gold if he's an s or an m. And then I realized she was talking about his size for clothes

MK_768

I still believe Pokemon Z is coming but who knows. These could easily be the names for the Gen 7 games that come after Z though.

I'm guessing we'll find out tomorrow lol

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
But sequels/third versions that improve on the originals are always end up being the best games in the series. They also tend to have a lot of post game.

Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 are the best games in the series.
I see you purposely left out Crystal and Yellow so you won't contradict your narrative.

If it's a 3DS game than make it a X/Y sequel but if it's on the new upcoming hardware than make it a new generation in my opinion.

Azuran

Banned
Many of us don't wish to replay an entire three year old game because 'cool post-game'.

Considering lack of "cool post-game" has been one of the big reasons why people love crapping on Gen VI so much, I assume it was a big marketing point for the people here at NeoGAF.com

I see you purposely left out Crystal and Yellow so you won't contradict your narrative.

If it's a 3DS game than make it a X/Y sequel but if it's on the new upcoming hardware than make it a new generation in my opinion.

Crystal was the beginning of post-game heavy third versions with the introduction of the Battle Tower so I would have mentioned it too it I wasn't lazy and anything Gen I is so ancient these days that I don't need to mention it when talking about modern practices and patterns.

Etzer

Personal wish list of new megas (mostly ones that could even maybe possibly happen because Sun/Moon motifs):

Clefable (but balanced pls)
Starmie
Gen 2 Starters (cuz another Gen 2 remake isn't coming anytime soon)
Noctowl
Sunflora
Umbreon / Espeon
Xatu
Bellossom
Flygon (for fuck's sake)
Cacturne
Lunatone / Solrock
Grumpig
Tropius
Cherrim
Mismagius
Weavile
Musharna
Sigilyph
CHANDELURE PLEASE
Volcarona
Gen 6 Starters (if not Gen 2 ones, cuz it seems like a good time for these to get megas)
Heliolisk
Noivern (just cuz)

Just add Dunsparce and this is my megas wishlist.

Also, just because I want to see what they'd come up with, Mega Cryogonal.

615Cryogonal.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom