• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Does this mean we get a whole new batch of Pokemon? I always like looking at the new starters, though they have always gotten progressively worse.

Any chance they will make the artstyle more like gen 1/2?

We still have no clue if this is a new gen or not yet.

SalvaPot

Was this shared?

COevbNk.jpg

tkalamba

I saw somewhere that there was a leaked list of pokemon hovering around, but now cant remember where I saw it mentioned. Anyone know what that list is? Is that where Magearna comes from?

Azuran

Banned
Sinnoh is the best region and Unova is the worst. Hoenn is middle tier since it was great until it crashes and burns around the 7th gym.

So what region of the world are we looking at here? Black and White was America and X & Y was France. Quick Google search is telling me there's a history of Sun and Moon worship stuff in Egyptian culture. What do you guys think?

Masuda took a trip to Spain recently, so it will probably be set in a new region south of Kalos that's based on Spain. I expect we'll get to revisit Kalos too, so we can tie up the loose ends of X & Y (e.g. Zygarde). The Moors have probably served as some inspiration, which would provide the African connection.

SalvaPot

Does this mean we get a whole new batch of Pokemon? I always like looking at the new starters, though they have always gotten progressively worse.

Its the 20th Anniversary, so if there is chance it might be now. But I won't count on it, since the Art Style of Sugimori has been evolving with the years.

V-Faction

Artstyle more like gen 1/2... you mean water colors? Sugimori has changed over from that style for years now, ever since the beginning of the Advance series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mega Ludicolo and Mega Stunfisk are the only additions needed.

Oh and Mega Dugtrio, who becomes Mega Duginfinite.

Zalman

I saw somewhere that there was a leaked list of pokemon hovering around, but now cant remember where I saw it mentioned. Anyone know what that list is? Is that where Magearna comes from?
The list is fake. Magearna was officially announced by The Pokémon Company.

Oh man, I just realized I am 17 Pokemon away from completing my living dex and if this does add new Pokemon I'm gonna have to catch em all again
I don't really mind though

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
there was a time i would have agreed with you but then gen 6 came out. honestly i think gen 6 has the best starters in the whole franchise, normally to me i always find 1 or 2 stinkers (gen 4 and 5 i found all 3 to be stinkers) but gen 6 is the only one where i can honestly say that they all look great.

Totodile is still the GOAT first form starter tho, to this day it hurts that they turned that happy energetic alligator into that ugly final form.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's not. Boss Doggie doesn't know what he's talking about. Everyone knows Kalos is worse.

Kalos doesn't terrorize you with long, boring routes. It may be linear, but at least it's not boring.

Also it has auto-repel! AHA! Got you Seviper!

Kalos doesn't terrorize you with long, boring routes. It may be linear, but at least it's not boring.

Also it has auto-repel! AHA! Got you Seviper!
But the long boringness is in madly hammering A through Team Flare's dialogue, and trying to find out where you can buy something in Castelia.

I've almost never heard "zee" in my entire life outside of the intro to Dragon Ball Z. It really depends on where you live. I do agree that the ability to sell 2 versions would be the reason why they wouldn't use the letter though. Nintendo didn't care in 1998 when the Game Boy Color lacked the u in other English-speaking countries than America. It's just one more reason not to call it Pokemon Z is all.

Where are you from, out of curiosity? I grew up in Southern California, you saying they left the 'u' out of 'color' makes me think you're from somewhere European? I can see that, "Zed" always sounded so official to me (probably largely because of Patric Stewart being the one I heard say it) so it could totally be a regional thing. Huh! Language is such an odd thing sometimes.

If this ends up being a new generation game with new Pokémon, will this be the first time some of the Pokémon didn't leak before the reveal?

That makes me think it's a new region, but with no or few new Pokémon. Instead it will have a remix of the existing Pokédex favorites.

Which I would be more than fine with. Let the region be the star. Focus on the story and the locations. We have enough Pokémon.

jax

Banned
i mean it can still be the Z of this gen. since its the aniv this year maybe what they're doing is multiple regions but this still counts as our Z of the gen.
Eh. I meant a continuation of X & Y, which had a very shallow story to begin with. This would be called X2Y2 if it were a continuation. Hopefully GF just ignored those bad games ever existed.

Big One

Banned
After some thinking on the situation, I do think Pokemon Sun & Moon will be an expansion to Gen 6 just how Gen 2 was an expansion to Gen 1. However it won't be Gen 6.5 or whatever, but rather it'll be Gen 7 with maybe reusing some Gen 6 Legendaries as box Pokemon and/or reusing the Gen 6 starters.

Masuda took a trip to Spain recently, so it will probably be set in a new region south of Kalos that's based on Spain. I expect we'll get to revisit Kalos too, so we can tie up the loose ends of X & Y (e.g. Zygarde). The Moors have probably served as some inspiration, which would provide the African connection.
If it was Spain it'd be super close to Kalos/France as well.
I could definitely go for a Gen 2-style revisit of Kalos.

GamerJM

Banned
What if Moon and Sun are a new region, but it's still gen 6?

And then there actually is a Z version that'll come out in 2017, but it contains both regions?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd say that huge stretch between Lumiose and the second gym badge was pretty boring. Parfum Palace didn't feel necessary at all.

yeah pacing problems, but it picks it up after that

Why the fuck are people saying Sinnoh is the worst region?

Sinnoh is one of the most beautiful regions in Pokémon!!

so many unenlightened ones

This was on /vp/. Could it be?
Southern Kalos is a popular theory in /vp/

If this ends up being a new generation game with new Pokémon, will this be the first time some of the Pokémon didn't leak before the reveal?

That makes me think it's a new region, but with no or few new Pokémon. Instead it will have a remix of the existing Pokédex favorites.

Which I would be more than fine with. Let the region be the star. Focus on the story and the locations. We have enough Pokémon.

Gonna have to disagree here. That's what they did with XY and it suffered for it.

Opinions, of course. But no, we don't have enough Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom