• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY Final Starter Evos leak thread. (NO OTHER LEAK DISCUSSION ALLOWED!!!)

Maedhros

1380781994.adezu_chesv7sq2.png

Fat AND Ugly now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
#TeamPutItInABox

Water looks the best, but you always find so many water Pokémon in the world.

Think I'll go with fire this time for the beginning of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I do like a little ugly as long as it looks badass too.

Feraligatr is probably my favourite starter of all time.

Blue-kun

Team Froakie and Mega Charizard X here, haha. Not too big a fan of Chespin's, and I don't dig Fennekin's at all. The frog, on the other hand, is almost perfect. Just wish it still retained some of the bubble motif it had going on, but the tongue is pretty neat too!

Gardex

I feel like both Dephox and Chesnaught have really unfortunate poses/pictures that make them look less favorable than they really are.

Either way, Greninja is king. My favorite final evo among the water starters.

upandaway

Delphox looks cool and has a great concept and type, it's just the style of the 3D model that doesn't really do it justice. Picking Fennekin for Y.

Greninja made a complete 180 from Froakie and looks really amazing. Looks like everyone agree! Picking Froakie for X when I play it after Y.

Usually the last one left will be what I pick in Z, but.. I'm not sure, you guys. I think I'll just pick him, and use him until he evolves, then switch to a team without a starter.

Hedge

I'll probs go Chespin + Charmander and use Torchic as the base of my team. Torchic is radical. And when december comes around I'll import my Piplup. I'll lay waste to all of Kalos.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tbqh all of the shots are on specific angles, and regardless of camera quality, it won't be "perfect screenshot" quality enough. We also still lack art.

What are the chances of them being officially out prior to the game release?

Fat AND Ugly now.

And I'll just laugh at you. Hahahahaha!

DigitalOp

Banned
Froakie/Squirtle

The radical crew

But I got Typlo, Feraligator, Sceptile, Blaziken, The rest of Kanto, AND Empoleon ON DECK

Romez

Even though i don't like how it's final looks i'm still picking Fennekin, Fire/Psychic is too ridiculous to turn down.

Roto13

Even though i don't like how it's final looks i'm still picking Fennekin, Fire/Psychic is too ridiculous to turn down.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. I'd love for my mandatory Fire pokemon to also be my mandatory Psychic pokemon.

Greninja is my one of my favourite starters ever. Brilliant design and I'm sure it looks even better in motion.

I'm warming up to the other two. If Chesnaught had a different pose and colour scheme it would actually be cool. I'll need to get a better view of Delphox's face. Seems it has red eyes, which would be kinda badass.

lem0n

I'll probs go Chespin + Charmander and use Torchic as the base of my team. Torchic is radical. And when december comes around I'll import my Piplup. I'll lay waste to all of Kalos.
sorry for my silly question- I'm not too up on my pokemon right now. but what happens in december?

Keyouta

not going to buy because starters are retarded fugly.
nintendo didnt want their final form to be revealed was because fearing people not buying the game.
im glad it's been leaked. im glad i did not spending full retail price and wasting hours just to get a huge disapointment.

Good thing there's not ~750 other monsters to choose from! Sucks we only get those 3 starters too, not 7, right?

DigitalOp

Banned
sorry for my silly question- I'm not too up on my pokemon right now. but what happens in december?

Poketransfer and Pokemon Bank are opened to the public.

This is the method used to transfer previous generation pokemon to X & Y and will be used going forward with future games.

It will be free in Dec but starting 2014 it will be a $5 yearly subscription.

Gonna go Chespin + Squirtle + Torchic for my first playthrough. Two tanky, shelled badasses plus a Martial Artist!

This sounds like the coolest starter combo possible in vanilla X & Y

I was on #TeamFennekin ever since the game's launch, but then I hear about getting the Kanto starters, and then it offers me a free Torchic. I'm a guy who doesn't like having two starters of the same type on my team. And since Chespin's final evo has the fighting type just like Torchic's....

Dammit Gamefreak! You've given me no choice but to be a part of #TeamFroakie!

lem0n

Poketransfer and Pokemon Bank are opened to the public.

This is the method used to transfer previous generation pokemon to X & Y and will be used going forward with future games.

It will be free in Dec but starting 2014 it will be a $5 yearly subscription.

This sounds like the coolest starter combo possible in vanilla X & Y
Perfect, thanks. I had no idea. Will research this a bit because I have some guys that will no doubt need to be used in my X :]

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was on #TeamFennekin ever since the game's launch, but then I hear about getting the Kanto starters, and then it offers me a free Torchic. I'm a guy who doesn't like having two starters of the same type on my team. And since Chespin's final evo has the fighting type just like Torchic's....

Dammit Gamefreak! You've given me no choice but to be a part of #TeamFroakie!
Or you know, not use Pokemon they give you.
It's like options or something.

Will be going Fennekin/Bulbasaur, only way to live. Would get Froakie to balance out and have Torchic too but Greninja is as ugly as sin and anybody who says otherwise is in a deep, toungey denial.

Or you know, not use Pokemon they give you.
It's like options or something.

It's not every day you can play through a Pokémon game with three different starters from different gens on your first run-through. I like to diversify my typing.

Gonna go with Froakie --> Bulbasaur --> Torchic. At least that allows me to choose my favourite Kanto starter.

Delphox....not what I was expecting, but it will grow on me for sure.

Still going with the Fox...as for the second? Im a Squirtle guy but since im gonna transfer my good ol Blastoise with the poke bank, ive decided to pick someone else for a change, gonna try Bulbasaur this time around!

ASIS

Fennikin was my favorite starter. But Delphox is the embodiment of everything I hate about Pokemon designs, yuk.

Guess I'm gonna go water yet agin, such a disappointment.

Chesnaught reminds me of a mutant Armadillo so I can sort of get behind that.
But no matter what starter I choose they'll probably find their home in a box on the PC.
I'm kind of disappointed that Chesnaught is a fighting type seeing that the only two other new pokemon that have really caught my interest so far also happen to have that typing, oh well.

To me, the choice is clear because I look at them like this.

• Froakie turns into Strider.
  • Fennekin turns into an Organization XIII member.
  • Chespin turns into an awesome Mega Man X boss.

I hope that a Shiny Chespin is Blue or Yellow.

Top Bottom