• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY Final Starter Evos leak thread. (NO OTHER LEAK DISCUSSION ALLOWED!!!)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really like chesnaught in this.

tumblr_mu2u4eKCQd1rn2j3io1_500.jpg

Super swole.

VALKYRAY

Banned
not going to buy because starters are retarded fugly.
nintendo didnt want their final form to be revealed was because fearing people not buying the game.
im glad it's been leaked. im glad i did not spending full retail price and wasting hours just to get a huge disapointment.

shink

nintendo didnt want their final form to be revealed was because fearing people not buying the game.
im glad it's been leaked. im glad i did not spending full retail price and wasting hours just to get a huge disapointment.

Can't tell if joking.

Sora_N

I just realized the irony of the situation:

We finally get to see the starter evos.

But the Sugimori art will probably have to wait until the guides hit.

And now I just want to see the Sugimori art!

I haven't gotten a guide in a while, do they have photos of each pokemon? I think I remember last that they make one 'guide' for the game and then a 'pokedex guide'?

(I preordered the X/Y guide since it was a good price though!)

This makes no sense. You do know there are other Pokemon than the starters, right?

...like holy crap I didn't even evolve my starters in Gen 4/5

Dr. Buni

No one told me a second thread ;_; Anyway, my opinions about the starters:

Delphox: Great design. It looks very humanoid and I can see why people would dislike it for that reason, but I was never a hater of "human-like Pokémon", so that doesn't bother me at all. What is worrying to me is that Delphox seems to be tall as fuck, looking at its model. I know it is stupid, but overly tall Pokémon bothers me a lot. Fire/Psychic is a cool combo, specially because I don't like neither Victini or Darmanitan.

Chesnaught: I am trying to like its design, but it's so clunky and the face is so ridiculous ._. Why there is an egg on the top of its head? The color scheme is also so different from Chespin's, for the worse I mean. I loved that Green and Brown color scheme :/ It is being hard for me. #TeamChespin must be really disappointed since they didn't get their dark knight.

Greninja: Probably the best of the trio. The origami head and the scarf tongue gives it a great and unique design, plus I always wanted a Water/Dark Pokémon that doesn't look awkward. Water Shuriken sounds awesome as well.

Overall, I think those starters are far more interesting than the Gen II, III and V ones.

Kinokou

So.. are there any negative consequences with your starter holding an everstone? Statwise, I mean. Will a level 100 Fennekin be a lot weaker than a level 100 Delphox? It probably will be, but I've often wondered.

It will probably be weaker, but I hope they keep the defence bonus for the everstone. Then I'm going froakie\fennekin and keeping them second stage.

Macka

I was on #teamchespin, but Chessnaught is just...wow. I don't like it at all. Delphox is a refreshingly unique design, but the more I look at it the more 'plain' it seems. I'm used to the tongue-scarf of Greninja, but the overall body shape and very angular head is very unappealing.

I guess I'll go Delphox. It's more the lesser of three evils than something I'm excited to use, though.

What is worrying to me is that Delphox seems to be tall as fuck, looking at its model.
It's only 4'11. Tiny. I actually think it's too small.

Dr. Buni

It's only 4'11. Tiny. I actually think it's too small.

You're right. I focused solely on the design and forgot there were more infos in the leaked picture.

Speaking of Delphox, I can't be the only who think it is creepy as fuck, right? Like, imagine you waking up and finding a Delphox staring at you in the corner of your room.

Santiako

Delphox looks scary as fuck, the only thing I don't like about it it's its overly small head. I will be picking this one of course.

Chesnaught looks like a goofy transformer mummy, worst desing by far in my opinion.

Greninja looks alright, I like the tongue-scarf and the pointy ears. The only thing I dislike is the goofy name.

I'm going with Delphox and Charizard Y.

Antiwhippy

Chesnaught: I am trying to like its design, but it's so clunky and the face is so ridiculous ._. Why there is an egg on the top of its head? The color scheme is also so different from Chespin's, for the worse I mean. I loved that Green and Brown color scheme :/ It is being hard for me. #TeamChespin must be really disappointed since they didn't get their dark knight.

Where did people get the dark knight thing from?

Also that egg is a helmet, obviously.

I dunno, other than the goofy pose I think it's a pretty good evo going by the knight theme.

ffdgh

Where did people get the dark knight thing from?

Also that egg is a helmet, obviously.

I dunno, other than the goofy pose I think it's a pretty good evo going by the knight theme.

When froakie and chespin were supposedly gonna be water/fighting and grass/dark due to early rumors.

Dark/grass knight.

Antiwhippy

By the time quilladin came out I already knew (well, probably not knew, but was suspicious of) that those typing were wrong.

I was expecting grass steel though, but grass/fighting is cool too.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You're right. I focused solely on the design and forgot there were more infos in the leaked picture.

Speaking of Delphox, I can't be the only who think it is creepy as fuck, right? Like, imagine you waking up and finding a Delphox staring at you in the corner of your room.

you guys are scaredy cats

Antiwhippy

BTW, I do love that this time the three starters have a theme: RPG classes like knight, rogue and mage.

Has it been done before? I don't recall the previous gen's starters having a theme.

Kinokou

Some of us hate the fact that the grass one isn't a reptile\dinosaur, that was a theme. But I don't think they have done it for all 3 before.

EulaCapra

I originally wanted Chespin but the evolution line takes a turn for the too bulky and the robo-turtle. Delphox became my most unexpected favorite just because it turned out radically different and more majestic than it started out from. But I'll have to go with the Froakie line because Water starters are usually my favorites and Greninja exceeded in the aesthetics department despite looking more like a Fighting than a Dark type.

Delio

I really like chesnaught in this.

tumblr_mu2u4eKCQd1rn2j3io1_500.jpg

Super swole.

Delphox looks great here.

In terms of starters I'm still gonna roll with Delphox, I wanted it to become some awesome mage and it gave me that. Greninja is pretty awesome as well and while Chesnaught looks a bit...goofy I wouldnt mind training one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, I don't think I've ever seen such a downgrade as Chespin's evolutions. They just get worse and worse. I like Fennekin's line and LOVE Froakie's line.

Ok, so it's the Froakie/Bulbasaur combination for me. Bulbasaur already was the best starter on past generations and this Generation both of his types have been upgraded (plant has a few new attack immunities and poison has a new resistance in terms of defence and a new super-effectivity in terms of offence) so it will be even better than what it already was.

roknin

I'm loving all three, Chessnaught really surprised me in particular.

Still going with Delphox... but I'll have to get all three. Especially Greninja! Loving the tongue scarf too lol.

For a point of reference, I didnt like gen 2 starters much save Typhlosion, Gen V is my least favorite period, and Gen III is by far my favorite set of starters. Particukarly, The Mudkip line is my fav.

Nohar

Oh my. Delphox looks really awesome (and frightening) in this fanart. Heh, I guess I will follow someone's idea in the other topic and call it Maleficent.
Also... Yeah, I'm kinda realizing just now that Delphox being Fire/Psy is a small problem for me too, since I plan to add Gardevoir to my rooster. Hmmm...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently Chesnaught isn't a knight! It's leaning more to the Viking/barbarian look (-naut, shield back and hulky look, spiny and grizzled)

Chesnaught: I am trying to like its design, but it's so clunky and the face is so ridiculous ._. Why there is an egg on the top of its head? The color scheme is also so different from Chespin's, for the worse I mean. I loved that Green and Brown color scheme :/ It is being hard for me. #TeamChespin must be really disappointed since they didn't get their dark knight..

Speak for yourself, I'm loving Chesnaught and I consider it the best of the three. Never even wanted the Dark Knight since it goes against its idea.

Top Bottom