• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY Final Starter Evos leak thread. (NO OTHER LEAK DISCUSSION ALLOWED!!!)

Unicorn

It's like GF didn't even know what to do with the grass and fire final evo's.

Greninja is in an awesome pose that is fully realized.

The other two just look like they dropped the basic model into the game, adjusted joints to make them look like they were standing and took no other considerations in.

Just looking at the fanart, you can see how these other 'mons can actually be interesting, but GF just fucking dropped them in the game like a PSX NPC. No character, no tone, no articulation or poseability.

Drago

1380764978548epsc9.png

Chesnaught fan art is really delivering.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Zalman

I don't like how Fennekin is bipedal now, and the colors of Chespin's evolution seem way off. Even though I thought Froakie was the ugliest of the three starters, he's probably the one I'm going with now...

Along with Charmander, of course.

Atlantis

Was a bit disappointed with Chesnaught at first, but I've quickly warmed up to him. I think his battle stance makes him look more awkward than he really is.

I like the other two as well. Have to say the names of these evos are pretty awesome, regardless of the designs.

Sats

Banned
Really weird how people still seem to think Chespin's design doesn't make sense or was just thrown together.

I think it is pretty much perfect the way it is.

I will remain by #TeamMozilla as I have been since the starter reveal. Fire/Psychic sounds like a fun type combo to have and despite how "generic" the final evo is, I think it looks cool. Although now I don't even know if I still want a Charmander now for the purpose of having good type coverage.

DaBoss

Fanart looks worse for all 3, especially for Delphox, it loses its menacing look.

clkuYt0.png

That doesn't look like something you want to mess with.

Regardless, it is Greninja > Delphox > Chesnaught

At this point, I feel like GF is making these look so outlandish from their pre-evos so that if they leaked, they would be called fakes.

I don't see the Delphox generic complaints, that's about as far away from generic you can get going from Braixen to Delphox.

jasonng

Only thing preventing me from going Froakie is if there is a MegaBlastoise Y and it's badass. I actually like all evolution stages of Chespin.

Horrible. Maybe the frog one is ok. But damn. These are the worst starters ever.

Ugliest starters for me was the Gold/Silver era. This is nothing compared to them.

Akainu

Ugliest starters for me was the Gold/Silver era. This is nothing compared to them.
I can't believe that. The only odd one was the green dinosaur (I can't remember their names). But even that was better than any of these.

Wait that's it's tongue. That's not right.

Village

Really weird how people still seem to think Chespin's design doesn't make sense or was just thrown together.

But its so... eh.. at least its not the chikorita line I guess.

Still Froaklin turned out beast. Strider Frog on deck.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually do like the design for chesnaught, but his stance is derpy as hell.

Hopefully he has some awesome battle animations.

Ezalc

Feraligatr and Typhlosion are not ugly.
Exactly.

How are the Gen IV starters bad?

They kept their main designs and got useful secondary typings.
First off we got a second fire/fighting, secondly while I like empoleon I thought it's steel typing did it no favors, I'm indifferent on torterra.

I'd say IV, but V has the Tepig line, so... Probably V.
You know what yeah, I dislike Emboar more than Infernape so V has the worst, at least there's Samurott to save it from being completely awful.

abrack08

Don't have a problem with anyone liking the design (I think it's kinda ridiculous myself), but do you really not get people saying it doesn't make sense?

Chespin - Small chipmunk with a green hat and a big goofy grin
Quilladin - Fat/round chipmunk with the same goofy grin
Chessnaught - Angry chipmunk with a totally different face inside a giant spiky suit of armor

My main problem with the finals (well, Greninja and Chesnaught) is how different they look from the previous stages. I think Greninja is pretty cool, but I'd rather have it actually look at least a little bit like Froakie/Frogadier. It's weird to have 2 Pokemon that look similar, like they have a theme going or whatever, then the third changes almost every single thing. I'd personally rather have the starters actually look like natural evolutions of the middle form and not like a completely different species (even if that's "boring" or "uncreative" to some people. I honestly preferred that fake Froakie3/Fennekin3 picture that was going around). Delphox is a fairly natural evolution, but it's just meh for me because I don't like the design all that much.

Still... Greninja will kick a ton of ass on my team. Just wish he was more Frogadier-ish. Dark blue, not as angular, had the bubbles/foam, etc... the one thing I truly dislike about the design, outside the "different-ness" is the giant round kneecaps.

How can anyone insult Gen 2? Had two fantastic designs and one crappy one.

Gen V had two utter shit ones and one great one.

Gen IV had three good ones(Infernape having the same color scheme as Blaz makes me dislike it)

Ezalc

How can anyone insult Gen 2? Had two fantastic designs and one crappy one.

Gen V had two utter shit ones and one great one.

Gen IV had three good ones(Infernape having the same color scheme as Blaz makes me dislike it)

Pretty much how I feel, though we differ on which is the great design in Gen V.

Every gen has had at least one horrible design except for the first which has the three classic awesome ones.

V is the only one right now that has two awful ones, though VI isn't doing good either but they're better than V's still.

Because most of the gen 2 designs, not just the starters, are not very good.

Wrong. Gen 2 gave us tons of amazing pokemon, sure there are some that are bad but every gen has those, whereas gen 2 has a lot of great pokemon (competitive wise and design wise).

Top Bottom