• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY Final Starter Evos leak thread. (NO OTHER LEAK DISCUSSION ALLOWED!!!)

Forkball

Greninja looks great minus the ugly tongue that doesn't match his color scheme. HE SHOULD HAVE A BUBBLE SCARF I SAY. The other two... abomination is thrown around a lot these days but...

Shengar

For those of us staying out of the leak thread but do want to know about the final starter evos before beginning our grand ol' Poké-journey.

please DO NOT post about any other leaked information. this includes anything which has not been revealed from an official source

CHESNAUGHT - Grass/Fighting

5won.png
1dg8.png

DELPHOX - Fire/Psychic

HOGdgLn.png
clkuYt0.png

GRENINJA - Water/Dark

9j41.png
c3ju.png

fan art:

tumblr_mu2gswiTov1sn7w8mo1_r1_500.png
My reaction at all of those starters:

Cmn0oyP.gif

Gamefreak deliver, Gen 6 confirmed top tier.

javac

Chespin all the way baby! He looks like the kind of pokemon that'd steal your hat or some shit. Won't take shit from anyone.

We've only seen these pictures right? What if evolution lines are dependent on gender? The fox has the skirt for the final stage, but its female, what if the male final evo version wears pants. You know? So Chesnaught with a dress for female. And Greninja with... a tongue dress... YOU KNOW!?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We've only seen these pictures right? What if evolution lines are dependent on gender? The fox has the skirt for the final stage, but its female, what if the male final evo version wears pants. You know? So Chesnaught with a dress for female. And Greninja with... a tongue dress... YOU KNOW!?

Male wizards wear robes too.

Wilbur

Banned
Fan art is just people trying to fix the wrongs. Chesnaught looks like a little kid who dresses up like buzz fucking Lightyear every Halloween and never grows into his costume

Where is my Diggersby fan art :(

Chestnauts biggest problem is his pose, but still it just looks stupid in general.

Now that fox thing..god, its just plain awful.

Their first forms are top notch, their final forms feel like they gave up trying.

Kouriozan

I really really want to see Chesnaught in Pokémon Amie, but I'll see it myself in 9 days :p
I need to see all his animations!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
None of them look good. This is the first time I'm considering boxing my starter.

Avallon

Wow. I really dislike all of them -- especially the fire one. Sad, because that was my planned starter; now I don't know.

Antiwhippy

The last 2 don't look stupid. And they don't have the weirdest pose ever.

Though the last one looks a bit too close to Quilladin.

Problem is that other than his pose, chesnaught looks cool, unlike those fanarts.

It's a more creative interpretation of the knight motif.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
For once, I haven't immediately decided which starter I want, and having access to the Kanto starters makes this tougher. I'm stuck between Fennekin/Squirtle and Frokie/Charmander. (Sorry grass starters, but your type sucks.) Leaning towards Fennekin though because it finally broke the chain of Fire/Fighting starters (even though I love the typing) and it looks to focus on Special Attack for once. On the other hand, Greninja and Mega Charizard X have more badass designs, which is really all that matters in-game. Whatever I pick, I'll probably pick the other pairning for Z or X2/Y2.

TDLink

Delphox would look a lot cooler if it was actually anything like the fan art of it. Unfortunately it isn't.

Greninja is my choice.

solarus

Delphox is horribad and Chesnaught's pose is beyond stupid, looks like he's trying to squat to take a dump. As always, water starter stays winning.

DaBoss

Problem is that other than his pose, chesnaught looks cool, unlike those fanarts.

It's a more creative interpretation of the knight motif.

I don't think it looks cool at all. =/

It also has very little consistency with the pre-evos. Both Delphox and Greninja have a bit of consistency.

Zelias

Banned
Eh, I'm slowly coming round to all three evos. Chesnaught is the worst of the lot, with Delphox currently just edging out Greninja in my view.

Overall, I'd say this gen is average. I don't think the designs are amazing, but none of them are so awful as to put me off using the pokemon altogether (as happened in Gen V with Emboar and Samurott, lucky I loved Serperior or I would have boxed my starter in that gen).

T.O.P

Banned
I'm trying to avoid spoilers and everything but do we know what are the differences between X and Y?

Other than Charizard megaevolution i mean

Shengar

Fan art is just people trying to fix the wrongs. Chesnaught looks like a little kid who dresses up like buzz fucking Lightyear every Halloween and never grows into his costume

Where is my Diggersby fan art :(

Fanart can fix nearly everything.

Antiwhippy

Greninja would murder that silly fox and armadillo before they even knew it.

Be water, my friends.

I don't think it looks cool at all. =/

It also has very little consistency with the pre-evos. Both Delphox and Greninja have a bit of consistency.

Problem is that with those fanarts is all it really does is make it look like a more armoured up sandslash. It's fine if you don't think it looks cool, but I think chespin's final evo is a much more creative take on the chestnut knight motif.

I also do think that it has some consistency. You see the first evo with his round helmet, which evolves to a somewhat full armour with arm guards, and then the final evo has that round chestnut helmet into a big, round, spiked metal backplate/shield, and the arm guards get even bigger. He still has that snout, but it's covered by a beard, just like a grizzled old knight.

His pose is still dumb though.

Toxi

Banned
Why do the turtle and frog have ears? It's so ugly. Gamefreak's design team sucks.
Bulbasaur's final evo is so fucking boring. It's just a bigger Bulbasaur with a flower. #teamcharmander
>Looks like a dragon
>No dragon type
>4x Stealth Rock weakness

HA HA CHARMANDER EVO 3 CONFIRMED FOR WORST STARTER
So glad that Charmander's final form isn't another Fire/Fighting.
Fatstoise and Wartysaur suck. I'll go with the badass dragon. Best of a bad set.
Dragon's fat too. Looks like a terrible kid's drawing.
Wow, Squirtle and Wartortle had it going so good and then this ugly Bowser ripoff came and ruined everything.
Fuck you, the cannons are awesome. #teamsquirtleforever
Worst generation of starters ever.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clemenx

Banned
Love them all. The onlyu bad thing is Chesnaught's arms lenght. Looks a bit weird.

Water starter is superior once again.

Will roll Greninja Charizard.

zroid

Banned
I don't like Chesnaught (although I'm slowly warming up to it... a little), but all the fakemon fanarts I've seen are tremendously unimaginative compared to the real thing. They either just look plain bad, or are super boring or safe.

The actual Chesnaught fan arts on the other hand are really injecting some life into the design.

Wait, you also choose an OG starter along with a new one? Did not know this.

Not right at the beginning, but sometime after the first gym or so, I think.

Top Bottom