• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

So I need a competitive thunderus but I'm worried I don't have anything to equal it's value. What would be a decent trade for me? Gonna try on smogon or reddit.
Edit have dream ball stuff with ha and ems as well as other 5 iv special ball pokes.
Have you tried the roulette that is the GTS? I got mine from there pre-international pokebank and it was a 4 iv comp ready one with hp ice (obvious gen is obvious).

Is it me or is the GTS a bunch of crap. I am trying to fill my National dex with pokemon that are not rare and all people are willing to accept is legendary pokemon.

________(insert colorful language here)

Is it me or is the GTS a bunch of crap. I am trying to fill my National dex with pokemon that are not rare and all people are willing to accept is legendary pokemon.

________(insert colorful language here)

Two ways to navigate the GTS properly.

1: Deposit something and ask for what you want.
2: To seek a pokemon, after you're given the list of people filter the requests to "Pokemon you have" this way you will only see requests asking for pokemon you currently own.

There are a bazillion people asking for legendaries, the vast majority of them can't even be traded on the GTS so just ignore them lol.

2: To seek a pokemon, after you're given the list of people filter the requests to "Pokemon you have" this way you will only see requests asking for pokemon you currently own.
This mode only works on each page of ~100 results. For Pokemon like vililion where there are about 1500 results for level 21-30 alone it is something to bare in mind (maybe ~15% just want another vivilion, problem is they're a crappy purple one so have been ignored for months).

But at this stage of the game most less popular Pokemon seem to be down to about a page anyway. Best to deposit easy to make popular things like Sylveon. The real fun comes when trying to get a specific HA, especially if it is transfer only and unpopular.

Two ways to navigate the GTS properly.

1: Deposit something and ask for what you want.

There are a bazillion people asking for legendaries, the vast majority of them can't even be traded on the GTS so just ignore them lol.

This mode only works on each page of ~100 results. For Pokemon like vililion where there are about 1500 results for level 21-30 alone it is something to bare in mind (maybe ~15% just want another vivilion, problem is they're a crappy purple one so have been ignored for months).

But at this stage of the game most less popular Pokemon seem to be down to about a page anyway. Best to deposit easy to make popular things like Sylveon. The real fun comes when trying to get a specific HA, especially if it is transfer only and unpopular.

Thanks for the respoonses. I appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to go to plan 2.

Track down Wyndstryker and steal the 100% finished national pokedex cartridge.

L.O.R.D

after many reset , i got a good Darkrai

Darkrai - Timid - Bad Dreams - 31.31.30.27.10.31

then , i got better

Darkrai - Mild - Bad Dreams - 31.31.31.31.31.13

Wichu

after many reset , i got a good Darkrai

Darkrai - Timid - Bad Dreams - 31.31.30.27.10.31

then , i got better

Darkrai - Mild - Bad Dreams - 31.31.31.31.31.13

Timid one is way better. Nature > IVs, and you need max Speed whatever nature you get.

Sleepwalker

Heh, so I put another growlithe up on gts last night, today I come and he was traded. Got a Terrakion.

Just put another one asking for a Virizion.

L.O.R.D

For them, it is a very bad thing. I mean, looking at the rules there, they want to trade only legitimate Pokemon, and I wouldn't say that getting a Darkrai from a hacked wonder card is legit.

well...the pokemon it self is legit , the way getting it is not
its like a clone
he doesn't have illegal moves or stats
and m somehow ,its a bit unfair WE the player who don't live in japan don't get nice things that much

one_kill

Alright dude! I'll send you a trade request when I see you

Edit: Seems like you're off now. I'll stay on for a bit in case you go back on. No worries if you can't :D

macklelol

well...the pokemon it self is legit , the way getting it is not
its like a clone
he doesn't have illegal moves or stats
and m somehow ,its a bit unfair WE the player who don't live in japan don't get nice things that much

I don't like how few events people outside of Japan get either. I don't even care that much about legitimate Pokemon that much, I did spend a good half hour trying to get a decent Darkrai from the powersave'd Wonder Card myself. That particular subreddit really cares about about legit Pokemon, if you don't, there are other places for you to look for trades.

L.O.R.D

I don't like how few events people outside of Japan get either. I don't even care that much about legitimate Pokemon that much, I did spend a good half hour trying to get a decent Darkrai from the powersave'd Wonder Card myself. That particular subreddit really cares about about legit Pokemon, if you don't, there are other places for you to look for trades.

yah, i think its called casual pokemon trader or something like that
also game faqs filled with threads for trading

Type2

Have you tried the roulette that is the GTS? I got mine from there pre-international pokebank and it was a 4 iv comp ready one with hp ice (obvious gen is obvious).
Gts has given my single 31 iv trash. Just learned that there are ways to check what you're getting though.

ugoo18

With the removal of long standing team member Carbink and the addition of Forretress as it's replacement I had forgotted how much i love and missed Bulky Swords Dance Mega Scizor that entire time (I replaced Swords Dance with Defog since Carbink unfortunately has no way of clearing hazards).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112700013

The old days of Defog Mega Scizor (I forgot to switch Defog for Swords Dance in this, you can see what followed lol)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112655602

This seemed appropriate from turn 20 onwards

You'll be missed Carbink, you were a great Pokemon but till you learn to spin like the top you are Forretress will take your position and Scizor will return to it's dancing ways. Time to update my ingame team and re-teach Scizor Swords Dance.

lupinko

How does that work?

I kinda want to make a mono ice team now lol.

The other options are sites like pokedit or doing it the long way and bringing up a poke from the older games.

The former and similar methods will be more trickier in the near future since the Nintendo wifi will go kaput leaving no more connection to spoof.

Edit: can anyone clone leftovers for me? If you want you can clone a shiny Persian for yourself too!

Sleepwalker

The other options are sites like pokedit or doing it the long way and bringing up a poke from the older games.

The former and similar methods will be more trickier in the near future since the Nintendo wifi will go kaput leaving no more connection to spoof.

Edit: can anyone clone leftovers for me? If you want you can clone a shiny Persian for yourself too!

You can get multiple leftovers in game too.

In the battle maison, battle the trainers with a pokemon with pickup as an ability (pokemon doesn't have to fight, just be in the party) and he sometimes will pick up leftovers.

Edit: Got Virizion too! for a Growlithe lol. that's the swords of justice marked on my dex :)

Sleepwalker

Ah i'm sorry, it's in the battle chateau not the maison (apparently works in any battle, but i've seen it get done in the chateau), also you need to be at least lvl 81 and preferably lvl 91-94.

Chance is about 4% for leftovers, you can also pick up rare candies, moonstones, prism scales etc.

Muku

Anyone looking for a level 100, 6IV Suicune? (Hardy nature, which is strange.)

Also have a level 100, 6IV Raikou. (Timid)

...and now a 6IV shiny Dialga. (Lonely)

^ all up for grabs if anyone wants. Replenishing my stock and getting some things I think some might find interesting.

Sleepwalker

Just got a regice for a growlithe too lol.

I'd like the Suicune if no one else wants it, I feel like a beggar already, so if anyone else wants it, go ahead.

Have any extra legendaries you're willing to trade? Filling in gaps at the moment in my extra set.
If not, that's okay too. If you don't will take anything for it.
I have a dream radar landorus and a latias. I'm sure they both have junk IVs though >:

Muku

I have a dream radar landorus and a latias. I'm sure they both have junk IVs though >:

Either one works. I don't care about IVs. I keep these extra ones to help folks fill out their Pokedex. :)
Refilling now because gave someone a huge batch this morning. :)

You're welcome Sleep!

Top Bottom