• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Syntsui

I'll add you if you want, especially because I'm collecting Friend Safaris at the moment. FC: 2809-9444-0823, IGN: Jared

If you want a Chimchar, Torchic, Charmander, or Froakie, I can send you them. :) EDIT: And a Nincada if you want, which I believe will evolve into 2 mons if you've got an extra slot open in your party.
I just added you. I would love the torchic,chinchar and nincada. Is there any specific mon you would like? As I said I have nothing spetacular at the moment x.x

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I just added you. I would love the torchic,chinchar and nincada. Is there any specific mon you would like? As I said I have nothing spetacular at the moment x.x
Nah. Just send whatever. If it happens to be something that you know is Y-exclusive, that'll be a plus. Whatever though.

I'm around whenever.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Aurorus is just a fossil evolution right? Someone just traded me their Cobalion for mine... Huh. Not that I'm complaining.\

EDIT: And now an Uxie for a Charmander. WTF.

EDIT 2: Greninja for Mesprit... Something fishy is going on here.

EDIT 3: Chespin for Azelf.

Aurorus is just a fossil evolution right? Someone just traded me their Cobalion for mine... Huh. Not that I'm complaining.

LOL wut? The age of cloning, I'd have to say.

I'm here now, what's your FC? Mine is 4828 5479 7054

0860-3341-2782 / Drew

Sleepwalker

Aurorus is just a fossil evolution right? Someone just traded me their Cobalion for mine... Huh. Not that I'm complaining.\

Is this gts or wondertrade?

Edit: managed to get an uxie for an articuno, not bad i'll take it.

macklelol

lol wow, that luck!

Is Victini not on GTS? I try to look for him but it says no results found.

Can't trade event pokemon like Victini, Mew, that stuff, over GTS or wonder trade. They are also not needed to complete the National Dex, so you don't need to worry too much about them if that was what you are going for.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I just got a Shaymin from a random. :D Had to give up a cloned Kyogre (Groudon? I already forget which) that I had, but oh well. I'm a big hedgehog fan, so I'll glad get rid of my big gloomy whale.

Sleepwalker

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Manaphy, Darkrai, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are not on GTS. :(

Can't trade event pokemon like Victini, Mew, that stuff, over GTS or wonder trade. They are also not needed to complete the National Dex, so you don't need to worry too much about them if that was what you are going for.

Ah thanks.

I want to complete the dex but I want those mons too lol.

I have Mew and Darkrai, couldn't care less about keldeo (hate him) and meloetta. Genesect would be good I guess but not too interested. But I really really wanted Victini :(

Also, all those people asking for event pokemon on gts then, what's the point lol.

Muku

Also, all those people asking for event pokemon on gts then, what's the point lol.

Because GameFreak allows it for some stupid reason. Even if you were to have a Shaymin, like JoBob on GTS wants, you can go to try to trade, but it'll state something along the lines that you can't trade that special Pokemon. Really wish they'd block folks from asking for it. It's not that people don't want to help.. it's that they can't. And they kind of clog up the system. :(

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I clearly just need to go around initiating random trades 24/7. 5 Legendaries this evening and I only had to give one of mine up? I'd say that's a success.

Muku

I clearly just need to go around initiating random trades 24/7. 5 Legendaries this evening and I only had to give one of mine up? I'd say that's a success.

If you need any specific legendaries, let me know. I keep extras around from GTS trades to help folks out.

On a side note, wish they didn't remove the communication tools from last gen. I miss random trading. ;_;

Sleepwalker

Because GameFreak allows it for some stupid reason. Even if you were to have a Shaymin, like JoBob on GTS wants, you can go to try to trade, but it'll state something along the lines that you can't trade that special Pokemon. Really wish they'd block folks from asking for it. It's not that people don't want to help.. it's that they can't. And they kind of clog up the system. :(

It makes the searching by "pokemon you have" option totally pointless, I get mew requests on every single random pokemon, bothers me so much.

Muku

It makes the searching by "pokemon you have" option totally pointless, I get mew requests on every single random pokemon, bothers me so much.

Yeah, the more Pokemon you get, the worse it gets. I really wish there were more options regarding that. Like sort by type, or anything really. If I'm willing to trade my Terrakion.. and I look by Pokemon I have.. I just see the whole damn list I'd see normally since my Pokedex is 718/718. :/

Sleepwalker

Got a 6IV jolly lvl100 Jolly Mamoswine off of gts, screwed the guy over by sending my lvl 100 charizard from the story, was serious nature and mediocre ivs lol. I would have actually sent my comp charizard but he set it up to lvls 91-100.

Muku

Got a 6IV jolly lvl100 Jolly Mamoswine off of gts, screwed the guy over by sending my lvl 100 charizard from the story, was serious nature and mediocre ivs lol. I would have actually sent my comp charizard but he set it up to lvls 91-100.

Was he looking for something specific? Even if he was, don't feel bad. I assume 99% of folks don't even read notes. Unless you're offering something nice with notes on its IVs, but even then as far as they know it's a crapshoot. Though I'm honest in mine to try to bring some integrity to the community. My problem is most times folks forget to change their notes (or remove them) so you think you might be getting one thing and it's something complete crap. If anyone wants anything seriously, they meet up for trades, not strictly rely on GTS. I think a lot of us gave that up a long time ago.

Edit: Though in some ways, I wish putting some stuff up allowed a little more room to ask for stuff. Say asking for a Vivillon, would be nice if you were allowed a menu that chose which one. As opposed to putting a note "Ocean only" and getting the one millionth Elegant. Or things like Sawsbuck, asking which season. Because you know damn well first person that comes across that, whether they have it or not, if they want it they'll trade it whether you're looking for it or not.

Sleepwalker

Was he looking for something specific? Even if he was, don't feel bad. I assume 99% of folks don't even read notes. Unless you're offering something nice with notes on its IVs, but even then as far as they know it's a crapshoot. Though I'm honest in mine to try to bring some integrity to the community. My problem is most times folks forget to change their notes (or remove them) so you think you might be getting one thing and it's something complete crap. If anyone wants anything seriously, they meet up for trades, not strictly rely on GTS. I think a lot of us gave that up a long time ago.

Edit: Though in some ways, I wish putting some stuff up allowed a little more room to ask for stuff. Say asking for a Vivillon, would be nice if you were allowed a menu that chose which one. As opposed to putting a note "Ocean only" and getting the one millionth Elegant. Or things like Sawsbuck, asking which season. Because you know damn well first person that comes across that, whether they have it or not, if they want it they'll trade it whether you're looking for it or not.

It was in japanese, I didn't understand what it said lol.

I just saw he wanted charizard lvl 91-100 and I had a lvl100 crappy one so I went for it. But yeah I get your point, like the people asking for shiny only, how do you make sure of that? They could trade you a run off the mill poke for your "rare" one, GTS feels like a great idea but badly implemented.

Muku

It was in japanese, I didn't understand what it said lol.

Ah. And that's another problem. Is some of it isn't even reading, but being able to understand what someone has written in another language. :( I guess technically you could try Google Translate, but soon as you did that it'd be gone, LOL. But that's why I think a little bit more robust system in place would be better overall. I may be looking for a Vivillon, but doesn't mean I want just any.
Though I tend to trade Monsoon ones that way. They may not ask for something specific, but I imagine that's a lot more welcomed than the potential for that Elegant they're dreading on next check.

Would make it great for looking for shinies on GTS. I feel bad for the folks with something up that are looking for say a Raikou and say "shiny :(" in their note. I'd do a lot more shiny hunting on GTS myself if I could restrict to looking only for shinies or looking for folks looking for shiny whatever.

Edit: I don't recall any robust system before.. but was really hoping for an upgrade this generation. Unfortunately, while some of that stuff didn't change, the symbols and all for stranger to stranger trade got worse. (Which was my favorite part of last generation.) Not sure how we move backwards in one area and don't even make progress at all. :/

He may not have been looking for something specific. Could have been he was stating what Pokemon was he was giving, but without seeing it, it's hard to know. I wouldn't feel too bad. Pretty much what GTS is like. Plus, not like you have a whole lot of room to leave a note anyway. :(

lupinko

yay
i got my hand on 6IVs Yveltal , Xerneas and Zygarde

I'm interested for semi-competitive purposes!

Edit: remember, I can get legendaries from Dream Radar for any gaffer and you can have the OT as your own too, providing it is not greater than BW2's character limit.

one_kill

LORD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 6IV Zygarde and Yveltal!

Also, I was surprised when my local EB didn't have any more codes for the Electabuzz/Magmar event. I didn't really want them, but I thought I'd ask since I was there :\

Muku

Also, I was surprised when my local EB didn't have any more codes for the Electabuzz/Magmar event. I didn't really want them, but I thought I'd ask since I was there :\

Oh, it was code based rather than some Wifi event in store?

Sleepwalker

Ah. And that's another problem. Is some of it isn't even reading, but being able to understand what someone has written in another language. :( I guess technically you could try Google Translate, but soon as you did that it'd be gone, LOL. But that's why I think a little bit more robust system in place would be better overall. I may be looking for a Vivillon, but doesn't mean I want just any.
Though I tend to trade Monsoon ones that way. They may not ask for something specific, but I imagine that's a lot more welcomed than the potential for that Elegant they're dreading on next check.

Would make it great for looking for shinies on GTS. I feel bad for the folks with something up that are looking for say a Raikou and say "shiny :(" in their note. I'd do a lot more shiny hunting on GTS myself if I could restrict to looking only for shinies or looking for folks looking for shiny whatever.

Edit: I don't recall any robust system before.. but was really hoping for an upgrade this generation. Unfortunately, while some of that stuff didn't change, the symbols and all for stranger to stranger trade got worse. (Which was my favorite part of last generation.) Not sure how we move backwards in one area and don't even make progress at all. :/

He may not have been looking for something specific. Could have been he was stating what Pokemon was he was giving, but without seeing it, it's hard to know. I wouldn't feel too bad. Pretty much what GTS is like. Plus, not like you have a whole lot of room to leave a note anyway. :(

Yeah, I actually was just looking for a mamoswine for my dex, didn't care about having a competitive one, thought the guy maybe just had a crappy mamoswine up there. As for google translate, I don't even know how to write it in japanese, not even replicating what I see on the game lol.

I certainly wish they'd improve on this, as well as allowing 6v6 on the battle spot.

I'm interested for semi-competitive purposes!

Edit: remember, I can get legendaries from Dream Radar for any gaffer and you can have the OT as your own too, providing it is not greater than BW2's character limit.

Also this if it's not much hassle.

Muku

Yeah, I actually was just looking for a mamoswine for my dex, didn't care about having a competitive one, thought the guy maybe just had a crappy mamoswine up there. As for google translate, I don't even know how to write it in japanese, not even replicating what I see on the game lol.

Haha yeah, I wouldn't expect a lot of folks to be able to do that. Though you'd have to have Japanese installed on your machine to even be able to type in hiragana and katakana. (Easy on Macs, not so sure about PCs.) I understand some of it, but still some things I gotta translate. :( By time that is done it's already too late, so just gotta jump on stuff when you can. Plus, you'd have to know enough to at least quickly type it out. Otherwise you'll really be spending forever trying to translate, haha.

Edit: Don't believe there is anything special about the Magmar/Electabuzz. Have HAs I believe, but nothing that I recall that makes them stand out.

CassSept

So with cloning widespread in Gen VI games right now would it be not that difficult to get Mew/Deoxys/Arceus/Victini/Meloetta/Keldeo/Genesect? I'm closing in on finishing the entire National Dex and these are the event Pokemon I'm missing, I've got all the others ones.

lupinko

So with cloning widespread in Gen VI games right now would it be not that difficult to get Mew/Deoxys/Arceus/Victini/Meloetta/Keldeo/Genesect? I'm closing in on finishing the entire National Dex and these are the event Pokemon I'm missing, I've got all the others ones.

Pretty much, also if you want you can also use spoofing sites like pokecheck but that requires BW1/BW2 and until May something, whenever Gamespy err Nintendo pulls the plug on Nintendo Wifi.

one_kill

Oh, it was code based rather than some Wifi event in store?
Yeah, I believe you get a printed receipt with the code

Did those guys have something special? IV/nature/etc? or was just regular pokemon + evo item?
Nothing noteworthy, but it would be nice to have more of those event cards lol

Pretty sure I have a spare Mew, Meloetta, and Genesect. I can also get you the others, but it will have to be Friday though since I have field work tomorrow and the day after :\

CassSept

Pretty sure I've got a spare Mew, Meloetta, and Genesect. I can get you the others. It'll have to be Friday though since I've got field work tomorrow and the day after.

That would be really lovely. Do you have anything in particular you want? I've got spares of most other legendaries, both event and non-event I can offer, or pretty much anything at all since I'm really close to finishing Pokedex for the first time in over a decade so I've got a lot of Pokemon laying around :)

one_kill

That would be really lovely. Do you have anything in particular you want? I've got spares of most other legendaries, both event and non-event I can offer, or pretty much anything at all since I'm really close to finishing Pokedex for the first time in over a decade so I've got a lot of Pokemon laying around :)
Na, just trade me junk Pokemon

Send me a PM listing the Pokemon you're after as well as your FC and IGN

Raxious

So funny to see that I have 1 badge and already seen almost 100 Pokémons xD

Currently have Quilava, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Honedge, Froakie and Mew as my team.

Pretty much, also if you want you can also use spoofing sites like pokecheck but that requires BW1/BW2 and until May something, whenever Gamespy err Nintendo pulls the plug on Nintendo Wifi.

Oh shit, I thought the plug had already been pulled! I guess I'll buy Pokebank and get those last few tutor-move needing jerks I've been wanting.

Type2

So I need a competitive thunderus but I'm worried I don't have anything to equal it's value. What would be a decent trade for me? Gonna try on smogon or reddit.
Edit have dream ball stuff with ha and ems as well as other 5 iv special ball pokes.

lupinko

what is his nature and IV ?

I haven't checked yet, I just got the wonder card and that is sitting in my Y game. I've only been concentrating on my X game with the shiny charm and making a team. I think I had two games with Mother Green last night and he was really good! My first time too.

I'd have to play through Y first to make sure IVs/nature for my Wonder Cards.

DSCF3040_zpsa2924d20.jpg

Haven't been playing for a few months other than to transfer Pokemon over. Went back to the game a couple of days ago, finished my dex and got the shiny charm. Wasn't long before I ran into a shiny Dunsparce and Scraggy.

I haven't checked yet, I just got the wonder card and that is sitting in my Y game. I've only been concentrating on my X game with the shiny charm and making a team. I think I had two games with Mother Green last night and he was really good! My first time too.

I'd have to play through Y first to make sure IVs/nature for my Wonder Cards.

Now I'm getting all red and stuff.^^ Thank you! You did well too. That your Azelf would outspeed Mega Lucario cought me by surprise. Makes sense though with 115 base speed.
If I can give you a little advice: One half of your team is weak to Ice, the other to Dark/Electric. A mon running Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which is a very common set, could give you a hard time. You might want to change things up a bit.
But who am I to talk as I'm facing some tough weaknesses myself.^^

lupinko

Now I'm getting all red and stuff.^^ Thank you! You did well too. That your Azelf would outspeed Mega Lucario cought me by surprise. Makes sense though with 115 base speed.
If I can give you a little advice: One half of your team is weak to Ice, the other to Dark/Electric. A mon running Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which is a very common set, could give you a hard time. You might want to change things up a bit.
But who am I to talk as I'm facing some tough weaknesses myself.^^

Thanks. ^^

I didn't have another poke ready hence Wish Xatu, but I've found another genie, and eventually another Pixie with invisible rocks. :D

Until then American Dragon is staying.

Top Bottom