• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police, protesters, and 'Deploraball' attendees clash in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
We've been protecting Klansman's rights to wear and hide behind hoods for 150 years

I'll be damned if anyone starts telling trump protestors what they can and cannot wear

Ok so this is constitutionally protected. That still doesn't mean if I was there I would want to be side by side with people I can't see face to face. They want to protest anonymously? Do it separately from everyone else who doesn't want to be looters and barn burners or is unafraid of showing their face in public. We don't need to coddle the same behavior that allows cowards and proto-fascists like the modern day Klan to continue existing.

For once in my life I wish i owned a black shirt so I could wear and all black ensemble in the office tomorrow.

How are you other GAF members who have jobs protesting tomorrow? Should I just not work? Turn off the lights and cry in the dark? Be pissy and awkward to others all day? Throw things? What the fuck does one do when an abomination of justice is taking place?

For once in my life I wish i owned a black shirt so I could wear and all black ensemble in the office tomorrow.

How are you other GAF members who have jobs protesting tomorrow? Should I just not work? Turn off the lights and cry in the dark? Be pissy and awkward to others all day? Throw things? What the fuck does one do when an abomination of justice is taking place?

Just do your job like normal.

Hope everyone stays safe. There will be paid instigators out there trying to push these protestors into doing things they don't want to do or doing things that protestors will be blamed for. All it takes are a few people in masks to ruin it for all.

man I don't now want to hear shit about people setting cars on fire, looting, gun shots or anything like that tomorrow. Be loud, be numerous, be disruptive, but for the love of god I'm tired of the stupid shitheads that show up to start trouble and give the other side all the ammo they need to control the narrative without even trying.

man I don't now want to hear shit about people setting cars on fire, looting, gun shots or anything like that tomorrow. Be loud, be numerous, be disruptive, but for the love of god I'm tired of the stupid shitheads that show up to start trouble and give the other side all the ammo they need to control the narrative without even trying.
Those people are being hired to create those narratives.
Yoooooo

I work in downtown PDX, I'm going to join in after my shift. Peacefully of course.

So are you guys pretty sure they're gonna start arrest peaceful protesters?

Ever seen a sporting event where someone shoves someone or antagonizes someone while the refs back is turned and when they turn the person being antagonized pushes back and has a penelty called on him/her? I'm not saying these protestors will be retaliating but in a massive crowd of people it is hard for anyone to determine who has done what. So when bad actors show up and begin to do harm it is the innocent protestors who are then blamed by proximity because in many cases that's all the police have to go by. A fire started here, a store broken into there, throw gas, make arrests, and sort it out later. Meanwhile politicians will use the confusion to their benefit by saying all of the protestors are hooligans

200,000+ people will be marching on Saturday in DC. It will be very easy for Trump supporters to cause mayhem from within that crowd and cause all 200,000 to take the blame. In some events in history police have even disguised themselves as protestors to instigate things. There's even a word for this. Agent Provacateur https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur. I have a bad feeling none of these protests will be incident free because of this.

soa74cm2e115q9rcnieg.gif

Our little hero keeping the Moblin forces at bay

This is why I don't want my friends going down to protest tomorrow.

Or any other local protests for that matter.

Too many assholes, on both sides, looking for anarchy.

Tomorrow and Saturday will probably be a total shit show if any assholes get destructive or violent.

If they're peaceful there's no reason to arrest them.
When Charles Ramsey was the DC Chief of Police, he would routinely arrest everybody who was in a certain section of the city if there was a protest. It did not matter if you were shopping, a tourist, on your lunch break, etc. You were detained to quell the protest, and no charges would be filed.

Izayoi

Banned

Just go to work and do your job, man.

It's what I'm doing. I will participate on Saturday, my day off.

Women's March in Seattle is taking place then.

Kalpnisis

Banned
Ever seen a sporting event where someone shoves someone or antagonizes someone while the refs back is turned and when they turn the person being antagonized pushes back and has a penelty called on him/her? I'm not saying these protestors will be retaliating but in a massive crowd of people it is hard for anyone to determine who has done what. So when bad actors show up and begin to do harm it is the innocent protestors who are then blamed by proximity because in many cases that's all the police have to go by. A fire started here, a store broken into there, throw gas, make arrests, and sort it out later. Meanwhile politicians will use the confusion to their benefit by saying all of the protestors are hooligans

200,000+ people will be marching on Saturday in DC. It will be very easy for Trump supporters to cause mayhem from within that crowd and cause all 200,000 to take the blame. In some events in history police have even disguised themselves as protestors to instigate things. There's even a word for this. Agent Provacateur https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur. I have a bad feeling none of these protests will be incident free because of this.
Isn't it just as likely anti-trump protesters could cause mayhem as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom