• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

Looks like our 1,000 years of liberal darkness will be cut short, guys. Our dreams of destroying traditional marriage are being ruined!

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Chris Hayes is awesome. His discussion on Romney's tax plan with Stiglitz and a Romney advisor is pretty great. I'd love to see him go toe to toe with Romney himself. He seems like he's really great on his feet, and he comes up with some really great points.
The best part of the show is that they actually discuss a subject for more than 5 min.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

syllogism

Looks like we have our first national poll with Romney in the lead:
http://polltracker.talkingpointsmemo.com/polls/507031c1ebcabf6a3e000015

They had Obama up by 5 on tuesday.

Someone don't let Diablos see, he'll have a heart attack.
It's a snap shot before and after debate poll (1 day sample for each), they don't reveal internals and the only thing they say about their methodology is that it's based on random digit dialing. They haven't done any presidential election polling so the poll isn't very useful in terms of establishing trend. Still, it's likely Romney has gained some ground.

Looks like we have our first national poll with Romney in the lead:
http://polltracker.talkingpointsmemo.com/polls/507031c1ebcabf6a3e000015

They had Obama up by 5 on tuesday.

Someone don't let Diablos see, he'll have a heart attack.
Six point swing? No big deal. Debates rarely move the needle!

Btw Obama's camp nixed the initial plans of attacking Romney as a flip flopper because it could convince some voters that he was actually a moderate, and might change back to one in the White House; instead they painted him as a far right idealogue. Now Romney has flipped the script and team Obama is going back to the flip flop plan. I'm not sure that will work if Romney turns in another debate performance like last time. Obama will improve but he'll still be the slow, methodical debater who is almost incapable of landing major blows.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
German news media seems to flat out call Romney a liar.

That's because Romney flat out lies. In other countries when things occur, they are noted by the press. In this country, when things occur, the press tries to find an example of someone else maybe doing something similar and simply places the two items side by side. And goddamn is JamesSinclair's gas thing annoying.

Tim-E

I think I'm going to lock my EV prediction in.

ug8wz.png

I think NC is a lost cause and I don't trust Florida, but I think Obama will carry the rest of the swing states.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Let's hope America does the right thing though they did vote for G Dubya TWICE

This will always amaze me. First time ok I get it gore sucked, but damn twice. They give Obama shit for not fixing the economy fast enough but bush got a pass on:

Iraq
9/11. Yea it happened on his watch. You can't blame Obama for the economy and not blame bush for 9/11. You can't have it both ways.
Afghanistan

Kusagari

Hard for the incumbent to lose, especially in the middle of a war.

Kerry was nowhere a good enough candidate to pull it off.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...O-Reports-Deficit-is-down-another-200-Million

Matching the good news on the Jobs numbers along with the report that the Obama Administration just took in a record $181 Million in donations in September, the CBO - at the close of FY2012 - is reporting that the Federal Deficit has dropped another $200 Billion to a level of $1.1 Trillion - which is the lowest level it has been since 2008 when the Financial Crisis began.

So Jobs and the Economy is Up, the Stimulus is Down. Result? The Deficit is down even more than CBO expected it to be. Their current projection for 2013 is that the deficit will be just $641 Billion (Otherwise known as the "Half" that President Obama promised it to be by the end of his first term, although that assumes the current law continues to take effect which includes the complete ending of all the Bush Tax cuts, the Payroll Tax Cuts and Drastic Sequestration)

A lot more details at the link.

edit:
CBO link
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43656

And really the more I think about it, especially given how Obama was right back on track the very next day, he intentionally downplayed his willingness to be there. I think he was trying to study the real Mitt because they had a hunch he was going to abandon all the primary bullshit to make a power grab for swing voters. I get it, but it was still way too nuanced.

Now you're going too far in the other direction. Just try and keep an even keel, okay?

Tim-E

Bush barely won both elections, but neither Gore nor Kerry were very exciting candidates and the republicans had a very strong ground game in 2004 in addition to having the advantage of incumbency. Obama is a very likable candidate, has an impeccable ground game, and has a lot more electoral college wiggle room to work with than Bush did.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...inia_n_1944043.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

ABINGDON, Va. -- The cheering stopped on Mitt Romney's campaign plane Friday morning.

The day before, aides had whistled and clapped when the Denver control tower commended the Republican presidential nominee's debate performance. It was a rare moment of exuberance for a campaign that had fallen behind President Barack Obama in a number of polls.

The euphoria ended after the morning report that the nation's unemployment rate had dropped to 7.8 percent, its lowest level in Obama's presidency. Romney and his team sat stone-faced and quiet on the flight to Virginia's coal country, taking in the good news for the country that's bad news for their political prospects.

They sure do hate America

HylianTom

Banned
If anything, we might see Obama's victory margin resemble Bush's.

I agree about not trusting Florida, and I'd add Colorado to the pure toss-up category.
And Ohio as a firewall should hold out pretty well; they really don't like Romney there.
So with Iowa or Nevada, we're good.

I wonder if Obama will make a "I now have political capital, and I intend to spend it!" statement like Bush's, haha..

Averon

I agree about not trusting Florida, and I'd add Colorado to the pure toss-up category.
And Ohio as a firewall should hold out pretty well; they really don't like Romney there.

I wonder if Obama will make a "I now have political capital, and I intend to spend it!" statement like Bush's, haha..

Yup. The moment OH, IA, and WI is called, then we'll know who's going to win.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
what is with the bitching about new threads and thread titles? we had a fine system going back years and without fail, the last few threads are started by me-first types blowing their loads because they want to be the one to post the thread with the most ridiculous title. thank god we have decent mods around here.

also, subscribed.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
what is with the bitching about new threads and thread titles? we had a fine system going back years and without fail, the last few threads are started by me-first types blowing their loads because they want to be the one to post the thread with the most ridiculous title. thank god we have decent mods around here.

also, subscribed.

LOL, but agreed.

I would rather someone just make a damn new thread and not worry about who gets the "glory" of thread OP

Diablos

btw, it's pretty cool when you have stalkers from other message boards (who probably post here) call you out on that other message board. They drop your GAF name in threads, waiting for you to fess up, then when you confront them about who they are, you get called a bitch and given some vague ban threat.

Class act, whoever you are. I have a feeling you aren't just a lurker.

Tim-E

Colorado is one of the few I think is a pure toss-up, but I think Obama will squeak out a win there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom