• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atilac

btw, it's pretty cool when you have stalkers from other message boards (who probably post here) call you out on that other message board. They drop your GAF name in threads, waiting for you to fess up, then when you confront them about who they are, you get called a bitch and given some vague ban threat.

Class act, whoever you are. I have a feeling you aren't just a lurker.
Say what?

Cloudy

Banned
Colorado is one of the few I think is a pure toss-up, but I think Obama will squeak out a win there.

Didn't Obama win CO by 9 last time? You'd think that'd be more likely to go blue than OH considering the Hispanic population

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I wonder if Gallup goes to a LV model today or they wait till Monday?

What does it matter? Gallup is one of the worst pollsters for presidential elections. Might as well wonder when Purple Strategies and Ras are going to change methodology.

Cloudy

Banned
What does it matter? Gallup is one of the worst pollsters for presidential elections. Might as well wonder when Purple Strategies and Ras are going to change methodology.

There are no other credible daily polls on weekends (Sorry Ras) and even if they are off, we should be able to see signs of a Romney bump by comparing it to the pre-debate numbers

Diablos

Say what?
Not to take the thread off track here, but yeah, I've got some clown over at a Smashing Pumpkins messageboard I post at maybe two or three times a year these days, who apparently has a strange obsession with me. He claims to have found "parallells" that suggest I'm Diablos based on what I assume to be lurking, but then kind of slipped up when he also said I am a concern troll and to "keep it up and see where it gets you, bitch", implying that I might get banned perhaps based on "several banning requests". I'm not a troll. I know I worry a bit but it's not like I'm PD doing my thing in here for fun.

Real classy that he has to hide behind a different name and not admit to who he is but still make petty threats -- on another message board.

Creepy and sad.

Not to take the thread off track here, but yeah, I've got some clown over at a Smashing Pumpkins messageboard I post at maybe two or three times a year these days, who apparently has a strange obsession with me. He claims to have found "parallells" that suggest I'm Diablos based on what I assume to be lurking, but then kind of slipped up when he also said I am a concern troll and to "keep it up and see where it gets you, bitch", implying that I might get banned perhaps based on "several banning requests." I'm not a troll. I know I worry a bit but it's not like I'm PD doing my thing in here for fun.

Real classy that he has to hide behind a different name and not admit to who he is but still make petty threats -- on another message board.

Creepy and sad.

Diablos...

Not to take the thread off track here, but yeah, I've got some clown over at a Smashing Pumpkins messageboard I post at maybe two or three times a year these days, who apparently has a strange obsession with me. He claims to have found "parallells" that suggest I'm Diablos based on what I assume to be lurking, but then kind of slipped up when he also said I am a concern troll and to "keep it up and see where it gets you, bitch", implying that I might get banned perhaps based on "several banning requests". I'm not a troll. I know I worry a bit but it's not like I'm PD doing my thing in here for fun.

Creepy and sad.
Pretty bizarre.

it's not me

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...O-Reports-Deficit-is-down-another-200-Million

Matching the good news on the Jobs numbers along with the report that the Obama Administration just took in a record $181 Million in donations in September, the CBO - at the close of FY2012 - is reporting that the Federal Deficit has dropped another $200 Billion to a level of $1.1 Trillion - which is the lowest level it has been since 2008 when the Financial Crisis began.

So Jobs and the Economy is Up, the Stimulus is Down. Result? The Deficit is down even more than CBO expected it to be. Their current projection for 2013 is that the deficit will be just $641 Billion (Otherwise known as the "Half" that President Obama promised it to be by the end of his first term, although that assumes the current law continues to take effect which includes the complete ending of all the Bush Tax cuts, the Payroll Tax Cuts and Drastic Sequestration)

A lot more details at the link.

edit:
CBO link
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43656

That's not good news, that's bad news. It's sad that "progressive" sites trumpet the conservative premise that deficits are per se bad and, as a result, advocate austerity. Will real progressives please stand up?

DMczaf

Creepy and sad.

Maybe it's FMT's ex-gf.

Diablos

There are still Smashing Pumpkins message boards?
lol yeah. I said the same thing in the political thread there. It's a miracle that such a steaming pile of shit is still online.

Oddly enough, his posting style is similar to PD's. Then again that's how everyone posts on that board, myself included, because I don't think anyone really gives a damn about how they are perceived since no one goes there.

Aaron: Yeah, detective GAF could handle it, but I doubt it's worth the trouble.

Tamanon

Banned
lol yeah. I said the same thing in the political thread there. It's a miracle that such a steaming pile of shit is still online.

Oddly enough, his posting style is similar to PD's. Then again that's how everyone posts on that board, myself included, because I don't think anyone really gives a damn about how they are perceived since no one goes there.

Aaron: Yeah, detective GAF could handle it, but I doubt it's worth the trouble.

Now I have a sudden urge to call PD Melancholy, and you The Infinite Sadness.

So PPP WI drops tonight:

@ppppolls
Romney has definitely gained since our last Wisconsin poll, just a question of the magnitude. We'll tell you tonight

Obama was +7 last time. I would be happy with Obama +4 now after that debate.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That's not good news, that's bad news. It's sad that "progressive" sites trumpet the conservative premise that deficits are per se bad and, as a result, advocate austerity. Will real progressives please stand up?

Austerity is bad for an economy. Although I suppose that's a consequence of scale. Individual austerity is great for individual households. However, deficits can be a problem. They're contextualized by other aspects of the host economy. In this case, and in some of the European examples, deficits are not an issue, but they're not by necessity harmless or positive. They are contextual and the context shifts. Not arguing, just expanding your thought.

Diablos

Maybe it's FMT's ex-gf.
Now he claims to be a former mod and saying he can get me permabanned whenever he wants.

I'm just going to stop talking about it in here as it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. PM me if you feel so compelled to talk more.

---

PPP WI poll should be interesting, I'm thinking maybe R +1-2, no more than 3.

Austerity is bad for an economy. Although I suppose that's a consequence of scale. Individual austerity is great for individual households. However, deficits can be a problem. They're contextualized by other aspects of the host economy. In this case, and in some of the European examples, deficits are not an issue, but they're not by necessity harmless or positive. They are contextual and the context shifts. Not arguing, just expanding your thought.

Right. It's the treatment of deficits as per se (inherently) bad and a scourge to avoid or minimize that is grating, particularly when done by self-professed progressives. That Daily Kos post assumed as an unstated premise that deficits are bad and that lowering deficits--i.e., reducing annual net government spending, which is what lowering an annual deficit means--is good. No argument or demonstration needed. On a progressive website no less! This is a wholesale adoption of a fundamentally conservative economic belief (which, as many contemporary conservative beliefs are, is wholly faith-based).

Edit: I should add, when I said the news about smaller deficits was bad news and not good news, that was a contextual assessment and not made in a vacuum. We have high unemployment, and that always means that net government spending is too low yet the article celebrates upcoming reductions in net government spending.

The jig is up, pal.
Curses, foiled again.

snidely-whiplash.jpg

btw, it's pretty cool when you have stalkers from other message boards (who probably post here) call you out on that other message board. They drop your GAF name in threads, waiting for you to fess up, then when you confront them about who they are, you get called a bitch and given some vague ban threat.

Class act, whoever you are. I have a feeling you aren't just a lurker.
Come on you didn't need to put me on blast like THAT...

Paches

This might take the cake:

Okay, but maybe Akin and Broun are just outliers? Presumably the Chairman of the House Committee on Science and Technology believes in, you know, science and technology, right? Actually, the Chairman, Ralph Hall (R-TX), does not believe in climate change, because he’s more afraid of freezing to death than being too warm? Or something like that?

"I’m really more fearful of freezing. And I don’t have any science to prove that. But we have a lot of science that tells us they’re not basing it on real scientific facts."

Good God almighty.

norinrad

Now he claims to be a former mod and saying he can get me permabanned whenever he wants.

I'm just going to stop talking about it in here as it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. PM me if you feel so compelled to talk more.

---

PPP WI poll should be interesting, I'm thinking maybe R +1-2, no more than 3.

We will need to call a mental institution IF Barry loses the election which i highly doubt

So why would Obama just change the UE rate instead of also changing the 114k number to something more respectable, like say 150k?

He doesn't even get that the unemployment rate and the job creation numbers are independent and based on different data sets. Revisions to prior job estimates (which are routine and part of the monthly process every month) based on the establishment survey have nothing to do with the reported unemployment rate, which is calculated from independent data based on the household survey.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
If Obama could manipulate the data, why wouldn't he have been manipulating it since the begining of his fucking term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom