• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTupolev

I don't understand this.

How can ALL the data have been wrong?

That makes no sense!
It actually makes a lot of sense. Nate Ash wasn't bullshitting when he said there was a lot of uncertainty. When you consider how predictions are made, there's nothing weird about this. A demographic which wasn't fortified in previous elections (and thus wasn't weighed as heavily) got fortified.

//=====================

By the way, I've just gone through a fifth of fortified mead, and my ability to type is declining rapidly. I'm not sure how much longer I'll remain semi-coherent. I'm already having to correct every other word after typing it. D:

Sianos

I love you all...it was great to know many of you.
I love you too. It's cliche to say, but it really is the darkest before dawn. Times will be tough, but we will overcome them.

We can't give up now! The future of the world depends on us and the road forward has been obscured once more! So many people are depending on us!

Please don't give up!

Nate was right for the wrong reasons. His model gave Hillary lower odds than everyone else's because of undecided voters, not a historic surge of rural white voters.

Perhaps the false narrative that actually pushed Trump to the finish line was the "Hillary is going to take our guns" narrative. I have rural friends and they LOVE their guns, almost as much as they love Jesus.

Crosseyes

Banned
Hatred won. But we can't give up.

The world is headed down a dark path as nationalism comes to a head and we continue to ignore the implications of the rise of automation. But no matter what, we can't stop fighting.

These are the death throes of white nationalism clawing their way back into power. It's time for progressives to stop bickering, unite, and finish them off.
Indeed. It's more important than ever to try and galvanize the left economically so get those rural whites, if not entirely, back on our side.

The government can go after and really shake up the economic elite of a country peacefully. If they decide to go after minorities and foreign entities instead there will be death.

Don't be melodramatic... We don't even know whats going to happen over the next 4 years... or even 2. Well get there when we get there.

Being negative and shoving your head in the sand isn't going to help.
That's an optimistic outlook that I have you. We were one of the few countries making an effort with the environment.

User1608

Banned
stay up sister ✊
don't let the fascists wear you down

I love you too. It's cliche to say, but it really is the darkest before dawn. Times will be tough, but we will overcome them.

We can't give up now! The future of the world depends on us and the road forward has been obscured once more! So many people are depending on us!

Please don't give up!
Thanks you two, I won't. Take care all, I'll be okay.

Had a Muslim friend, currently living in South Korea, who has family in the states tell me that are crying right now. And that hit me like a train, and now I'm crying over that.

I'm a white, straight man and and I'm completely devastated over how LGBT and minorities in this country are feeling right now. I can't imagine what it's like to be in their shoes.
I'm a muslim american and I'm legit scared. I dont know what else to say.

Tubie

Do you guys think house and senate republicans will actually go for all the crazy shit Trump wants to do (mass deportations, the wall, killing all the trade deals, nato, etc...)?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Do you guys think house and senate republicans will actually go for all the crazy shit Trump wants to do (mass deportations, the wall, killing all the trade deals, nato, etc...)?

Honestly it doesn't matter if they don't. All the crazy fuckery they want to get up to (gutting LGBTQ rights, horrific budget plans, slashes to social safety, voter suppression and gerrymandering) are enough to wipe out decades of progress

On the plus side. Clinton Foundation will keep on trucking and saving lives.

Fuck this timeline.

They will trade favors. They will work together.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I feel like every progressive/civil rights movement in America has been set back 50 years. It's going to take decades to come back from the bullshit the GOP is going to do to all of us.

Maybe Obama was a fluke?

Maybe this has always been America and Obama just came at the right place at the right time

I feel so confused by my country right now. Did these people just hate McCain and Romney?

I don't know if there's any way to square Trump winning and Ron Johnson winning with a theory other than racism.

Ron Johnson hates working people, he despises them.

tmarg

They have to, or they'll be primaried. That's what got us here in the first place.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It is wrong to argue about precise figures like AA or other minority turnout until we have the full figures to digest.

This election was lost/won on enthusiasm.

Maybe Obama was a fluke?

Maybe this has always been America and Obama just came at the right place at the right time

I feel so confused by my country right now. Did these people just hate McCain and Romney?

2008 was the Dems election to lose and Obama was very popular and that did help carry him in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom