• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Huh, so its actually happening? The other thread was getting kind of crazy so I didn't want to get involved without more "proof" this was happening. I'm curious to see how this all gets handled. Even with all the hype, there was a lot to criticize with regards to how MvC3 was designed and supported so I want to see what lessons they learned and what changes they made. Artsyle, engine, gameplay systems and roster will all be pretty important too (especially if X-Men are legit gone).

Also include FUCKING MEGA MAN (or X) this time FUCKING CAPCOM!!!! That will all be on you, not Marvel.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Captain Marvel doesn't show up. They're pushing Carol as hard as humanly possible.

I'd rather have the current Ms. Marvel to be honest

Holy shit I'm ready

I'm not even that salty about no mutants. Shuma is safe, frees up space for Squirrel Girl, and I get another chance at Gene and Asura in a fighting game

I'm fucking ready, bring the noise

FinKL

Dr strange hype

has he ever been in a fighting game?

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

UMvC3 teased YEARS ahead of anything MCU as it was released in 2011
-Strange (movie this month)
-Iron Fist (netflix)
-Rocket Racoon/Nova Force (Guardians years ago)
-Deadpool (Just came out this Feb in theaters)
-Ant-Man (Getting his own saga)

keakster

fans would riot, so no.

Also can be said of X-Men, although to a lesser degree.

Spiderman is so popular this would actually be the dumbest move they could make. Sony couldnt make an offer good enough.

Sony could have tied it in to allowing Marvel pull back some of the movie rights.

Point is, if they are getting this petty with X-Men and Fox then I don't think it's that wild to think they would allow Sony to keep Spider-Man as an exclusive, even if it is just a timed one

*bounce*

*bounce*bounce*

DLX0WD8.gif

Platy

Kinda wish this wasn't confirmed. The room would have exploded lol.

This has less sources than the other thread.... the difference polygon didn't called it a rumor.

I am almost avatar betting that if it does not have x-men it will not have dr doom either and this is the classic omission by the sources of that thread

No one has been killed off. New Mutants have been popping up like weeds for years.
Marvel's next major crossover is "Inhumans vs. Xmen", and we know that the aftermath of that is the Xmen books all being relaunched with the Xmen:Blue and Xmen:Gold teams ressurrected, as well as GenerationX, and Iceman book, etc.

ResurrXion-Group-Tease.jpg

The status quo of Mutants as outcasts is going to go away, and Marvel is repositioning them as heroes in the same class as the Avengers. The "hated and feared" bit will be gone post IVX.

The Inhuman royal family on the other hand is getting sent into space and leaving earth entirely.

Gambit61

I think I'm fine with no X-Men, the only ones I used were Gambit, Rogue and sometimes Cyclops and they were all missing from UMVC3. I hope they at least bring back Iron Fist and give him a proper launcher. What were they thinking when they gave him a ground only launcher lol.

If it doesn't come to PC can it at least come to Switch so I don't feel the need to buy an extra console? It would be really nice

Boke1879

If they pursue a $60 price tag, and only offer the equivalent of modes SFV offered around launch I see this not performing too great in the modern market.

They don't have to offer a huge expansive single player story, but they at the very least need to offer multiple single player optional modes. Also it needs to be remembered that Marvel are being very bullish on their return to the console market and trying to offer big experiences. Its entirely possible Marvel will push for a large-scale title.

Or the inverse, I think the game could work really well on the F2P model.

Pretty much. Give you a basic roster for an entry level price. Allow you to upgrade or purchase season passes. It could really be something akin to Killer Instinct.

This is the biggest one-two punch of bitterness and excitement ever.
No X-men? Fuck you Marvel.

Give me a UMvC3 4k HD remix and I'll buy your stupid 2v2 no Xmen game.

The exact same feeling
Happy for a new game and sad for no X-Men...
DLC could be the only solution i can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom