• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post E3 Weekend Confirmed

Credo

LiquidSwords said:
Good times this morning... classic Luke is back, and I'd never seen John spit such venom!

EPIC!

I'm glad. Listening to that "Best Of" 1UP Yours compilation made me realize how much I missed the golden age.

Luke seemed reserved on most of the Out of the Game podcasts, so I'm happy to hear that his classic, snarky version is back.

JohngPR

I'm surprised mostly everyone stopped posting about this after it came out.

Honestly, I thought it was a pretty lackluster podcast. Luke and John kind of came off like cynical "used to be gaming press guys" that have lost touch a little bit.

I used to love John Davison on podcasts, but he sounded like he'd gone completely went off the deep end with the iPad/iPhone/iPod stuff. Not everything has to be compared to itouch devices, especially consoles of all things.

It's stupid to assume that everyone will play the Wii U and think to themselves, "What the fuck? This isn't like my iPad!".

Luke also pretty much hated everything. What a weird podcast. :p

frequency

JohngPR said:
I'm surprised mostly everyone stopped posting about this before it came out.

I honestly, I thought it was a pretty lackluster podcast. Luke and John kind of came off like cynical "used to be gaming press guys" that have lost touch a little bit.

I used to love John Davison on podcasts, but he sounded like he'd completely went off the deep end with the iPad/iPhone/iPod stuff. Not everything has to be compared to itouch devices.

Luke also pretty much hated everything. What a weird podcast. :p
I was really looking forward to this since (like everyone else) I loved the old 1Up Yours. But this was pretty disappointing. I'm not sure if the tone is different or if I'm just a different person now but the negativity was kind of a bummer for me.

I feel the same way you do about John D. He used to be one of my favourite videogame podcasters, but I haven't been able to enjoy him since he started WhatTheyPlay.

Also, I no longer find their humour humourous.
I still listen to Weekend Confirmed every week. I like both Garnett and Jeff. But this particular episode made me frown. A lot. :(

Strange how Gaf always ALWAYS clammers for more 1upYours reunions and more Shane but now there is some, there's barely 3 pages on it. Is that because the members have now grown up and have a more reflective look at the industry or maybe a little less fanboy-esque.

I loved the podcast still and hope we see one of these podcasts each E3 at least.

JohngPR

Yea, it was a let down for me.

It was basically Luke and John making fun of everything they showed at E3. Why even bother "talking" about it?

Hell I still liked John D after he joined What They Play. Does he even play games anymore that aren't on an iPad? He sort of came off like he didn't even like the industry anymore.

:(

At least Shane still seems to be up on the industry and you can tell he still loves it. Now that I think about it, the only one of those guys that is actually still gaming press was Garnett.

:p

Top Bottom