• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reset: The Story of Polygon - financed by Microsoft for $750,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
iLIrVViBEmNmq.gif

BLOODY TATTOO SO REAL

is that a girl or a guy giving a tattoo

Glix

The accompanying article sounds like its heralding the founding of a new country or the American constitution or something.

Must be a pretty important website, guys!

Did you read that 3DSXL review??? It's just like every decent review I've ever read about a piece of hardware.

THEY ARE NOT AFRAID TO GO THERE!

winstano

Pfffft, got left behind on a previous page, screw y'all :p

Inevitable from Vinny. Kanye West's "Power"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0GnqPPKthM

This is just gold. Absolute gold. The GB crew HAVE to do a piss-take of this next week in video form, surely?!

Additionally:

You know how the Giant Bomb crew announce their site update? They sit in a podcast studio, drink coke zero, get "UH-PROVED!" family members and take Skype calls. Take feckin' note.

Haunted

Caravella you magnificient bastard.

Giant Bomb

Polygon
:bow

That said, I think there's been enough piling on and criticism now - more exposure and more talk is just what they want at this point, so if you truly, really want to discourage Polygon from continuing down this route, just stop. Stop talking about it, stop posting about it, just let it rot and die in some corner of the internet. Any more attention and you're playing into their hands again.

Thomper

Yeah, but they are linking the original and sort of raising awareness about Polygon. Basically what the Polygon guys want.

GB seems pretty close with a few of these dudes.

They've had most of the Polygon-dudes on the Bombcast at some point. I'm sure they're friends, and they don't mind 'raising awareness' or anything. This documentary just seems like a stupid thing that deserves mockery. GiantBomb is pretty good at doing stupid stuff. Maybe even the best at it. And so they did.

Yeah, but they are linking the original and sort of raising awareness about Polygon. Basically what the Polygon guys want.

GB seems pretty close with a few of these dudes.

Well, they are, you know, professionals.

Apart from the smugness of Polygon's Teaser and Giant Bomb tongue in Cheek humor is probably for the best that they dont want to actually generate a site war or actual salty blow of proportions Internet Drama

DocSeuss

Did they expect everybody to react positively over an extremely pretentious video telling the world how they will revolutionize games press? (Before launching the site?)

Generally, you say that you're going to do something before you do it. You don't do it and then say you will. That doesn't make any sense.

"Hi, we're Polygon, and this is our intent."

Whether they live up to that is on them.

Frankly, I like what I've seen so far. The editorial articles (loved the Arkane one) strike me as fairly fantastic, and unlike a lot of sites I've seen, them seem to scoop some stuff early.

Trevelyon

omg! The goof level is off the charts. Everyone should do the 'reset' in whatever you're doing right now.

Do it like everything is riding on this one moment. Also, a lot of inner reflection, staring out windows and shaking your head.

daycru

Arthur Gies.

Pretended.

To get a bloody tattoo.

To look cool.

In the trailer.

For the documentary.

For his video game website.

Cannot process.

Need many line.

Breaks.

dLMN8R

Wait, wait, wait.

They took site donations, and they spent the money on new PCs for personal use?

Rebel FM took donations from people. They got a lot more donations than they could possibly spend on stuff directly related to producing a podcast.

So they used a small amount of it to buy a gaming PC for someone who's been on literally 100+ episodes of the podcast, who couldn't afford the PC for himself, and has directly used that PC to talk about games played on that PC on almost every single one of those 100+ episodes.

Bitch about Arthur Gies, Rebel FM, and Polygon all you want, but this "donation-gate" stuff is pure nonsense. They used their donations on a way that has directly improved the podcast for more than two years, on a person who uses the donation in the best way possible.

7threst

What is it with this Arthur Gies guy? I followed him on Twitter for a while but he doesn't seem to be an asshole for the most part, except his pathetic performance on Twitter today of course. Is he like, really bad at what he does (games journalism) or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom