• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio will be called Xbox: Scorpio (Best Buy leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Placeholder imo, i would bet on Xbox 2 or Xbox 10 or some bullshit name like Xbox All in One.

Gaius

Banned
XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX ONE
XBOX Scorpio

Well they sure don't follow any naming pattern. The "Scorpio" name sounds a tad edgy for me (to put it lightly) so i'll believe it when i see it.

LotusHD

Banned
It's not a good name imo, but hey, we're used to it, so whatever. Hope it doesn't manage to confuse people in the future...

Alexious

Makes sense

They wouldn't be going all in on the ♏️ emojis and scorpions otherwise. We've all been calling it that for a year anyway.

Exactly. I actually remember that many asked Phil if they could call the final console Scorpio, but he said it wouldn't be the case. Perhaps they changed their minds, though, considering people have called it that for a year and liked it so far.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Interesting.

Did not really expect them to keep the Scorpio branding.

Curious to see if they will use any type of Scorpion logo or anything similar.

Bit strange they don't have a picture of the actual console in it then. Looks like a placeholder, but they could just stick with the Scorpio name. Xbox 10 sounds more likely to me though.

Vinc

I guess the Xbox game cases will just say Xbox now... or "One / Scorpio", but hopefully they just go with Xbox.

Looking forward to seeing how they market it.

Nightbird

It has been called Scorpio for a year now, it was the best thing to do.

And yes, I know about codenames, but Scorpio was a good name anyway.

bud23

Proyect Scorpio sounds nice

Xbox Scorpio is an awful name

But after WiiU, Xbox ONE and Ps4 PRO, what do i know?

AmyS

Xbox codenames -- retail names:

Project Midway - XBOX

Xenon - Xbox 360

Durango - Xbox One

Project Scorpio - Xbox Scorpio

niiiice.

So happy they kept the codename, Scorpio is badass.

The scorpio name is ultra cheesy and says nothing at all. Not even good to pronounce.

One, 360, Pro, Switch at least have an idea behind their names. God help them if they put actual scorpion iconography on there.

I was happy with almost every decision they made with this device until today. Price and name are just bad.

LotusHD

Banned
It has been called Scorpio for a year now, it was the best thing to do.

And yes, I know about codenames, but Scorpio was a good name anyway.

Eh, at least the PS4 Neo codename still had PS4 in its title, so I could understand why people wanted that codename to stick. This on the other hand... I don't get why people like it.

AHA-Lambda

I fear a WiiU situation coming now.

It should've just been called XB1 Pro, Elite, Plus, Ultimate etc. Something like that.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Deeply unimaginative marketing department. I mean, no surprise from the Genius Pen that brought us "The One stands for All In One, numbers are meaningless!" and "Skip 9 to 10 because that is our power".

I guess they just got so used to saying it over the last couple years that they just went "Why not." They're more in love with getting to repeat WORLDS MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE over and over, hoping thats going to turn the tide.

MrS

Banned
Another nonsense naming decision if true. Not as bad as naming your third console Xbox One though.

Nere

I don't mind but is it okey for Geoff to leak everything? I mean he leaked the name, the price... hope microsoft won't hate him after this. Oh well he is a professional he knows what he is doing probably.

iMax

For what it's worth, that typeface is the same used on the Best Buy Canada website for pretty much everything else.

I think it's just a newsletter.

No fucking way it's Xbox Scorpio, I dont believe it
tumblr_inline_nu0npgjBln1rx79o4_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom