• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 delayed until March 07 in Europe (100k JPN/400k US @ launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadareud

The Translator
21701779_s4_fatty.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
One **** up on top of another **** up. Does Sony even realize the press they get these days? Like I said before, the entire impending collapse all rested on one decision many years ago... that was when they decided they HAD to go with Blu-Ray. Shame, too... if not for that, Sony would have still had a chance.

Alcibiades

:lol :lol

4 million before calendar year?

6 million before March 31st '06?

sounds to me like XBox 360 and HD DVD just got a pump in the arm in Europe (IF this is true)...

that said:

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.
so are they gonna have the quantity or not?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
And this is why i LOVE Sony so much!!!111

No, wait..

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Amir0x said:
holy shit :lol

Sony can't stop ****in' up :lol
I like how they just recently started the euro ad campaign and then drop this bomb... like what in the blue ****?!

Sony can't stop ****in' up indeed.

Oh yeah and kudos to the guy who said "This is waiting". Nicely done. :lol

maxmars

So those who were talking about a spring release were right after all.. Only, one year later. :D

By the way, it's understandable that Europe gets the shaft once again. In the US Sony is worried about MS, in Japan they are worried about Nintendo, in Europe so far they have nothing to worry about.

Amir0x

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
I like how they just recently started the euro ad campaign and then drop this bomb... like what in the blue ****?!

Sony can't stop ****in' up indeed.

that's what makes this so funny. I mean, if they have to do this, shit... they have to. What can they do at this point?

They tied their mother ****in' hands so far behind their backs its impossible for them. I wonder sometimes if Kutaragi and Stringer sip martini's at the 100th floor of Sony building and look out at the cityscape crying... unable to stop what they put in motion

Jan

Is the dirty an usual Somny strategy. Dont buy X360, PS3 is out March 06!!!! Dont buy X360, PS3 is out November 06!!! How can they be that bastard?

123rl

DJ Sl4m said:
The wierd thing is Sony has the best shot of being #1 in Europe moreso than Japan and North America, IMO of course.

QFT

Europe is 100%, guaranteed, Sony-land. The PS3 will sell in Europe no matter how badly we get screwed. Maybe that's why they chose to delay it though? Because Europe is guaranteed to buy it whenever it launches. Americans though would just buy a 360 instead of waiting

ethelred

Amir0x said:
One **** up on top of another **** up. Does Sony even realize the press they get these days? Like I said before, the entire impending collapse all rested on one decision many years ago... that was when they decided they HAD to go with Blu-Ray. Shame, too... if not for that, Sony would have still had a chance.

You are correct. This really is a **** up.

Amir0x said:
that's what makes this so funny. I mean, if they have to do this, shit... they have to. What can they do at this point?

They tied their mother ****in' hands so far behind their backs its impossible for them. I wonder sometimes if Kutaragi and Stringer sip martini's at the 100th floor of Sony building and look out at the cityscape crying... unable to stop what they put in motion

In Stringer's defense, he didn't create this problem; he inherited it. He was just the movies-man before!

Also, wow at this thread getting to two pages in, like, five minutes' time.

This wont go well at all, all those kiddies will now pick up either a wii or a 360, march is a bs time to launch a console people dont have much money left after the holiday season they are already looking at booking summer holidays etc a games console at a huge price simple wont sell very well.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wonder if and how this will affect software? I wonder if any euro-developers will retarget to hit the European launch e.g. Singstar or Motorstorm? I guess some others may find themselves newly as launch titles (Heavenly Sword), but not for happy reasons.

I'd laugh and say this was a dumb move... but then i remember Peter Moore telling us he regretting having a worldwide launch because of all the problems it caused.

So listen up, European buddies! We'll take care of the bugs and speed bumps so you won't have to. Cheer up.

Tarazet

It does make some sense.. since Xbox 360 is failing in Europe, and they sure as hell couldn't delay the JP launch.

123rl said:
QFT

Europe is 100%, guaranteed, Sony-land. The PS3 will sell in Europe no matter how badly we get screwed. Maybe that's why they chose to delay it though? Because Europe is guaranteed to buy it whenever it launches. Americans though would just buy a 360 instead of waiting

Nah your wrong mate, ps3 has been getting some serious stick bout price tag in the uk, now add in a delay this wont go down well at all, people will expect a price cut from the orginal £425. Not to mention retailers who have been takeing pre orders on games and units bye goes there big xmas sales.

_leech_ said:
I'd laugh and say this was a dumb move... but then i remember Peter Moore telling us he regretting having a worldwide launch because of all the problems it caused.

So listen up, European buddies! We'll take care of the bugs and speed bumps so you won't have to. Cheer up.
I see what u did there :lol

Amir0x

Banned
ethelred said:
In Stringer's defense, he didn't create this problem; he inherited it. He was just the movies-man before!

oh, I know. That's why he looks out crying, because he can't stop what was set in motion

mrklaw

MrArseFace
!?

Sony aren't launching in Europe until March, but they still plan to ship 6m units by the end of FY06? Bollox.

Fking sony. Well, do I trust them that they'll be region free and import a US player?.....

Its all GAFs fault for criticising MS numbers in Europe. Gave Sony an excuse. The Xbox guys must be pissing themselves.

Sirolf

Sony domination is over in Europe..Absolutely over.Wii60 FTMFW !!!
Go in hell $ony...I really wanted your console but this is too much ...

sonarrat said:
It does make some sense.. since Xbox 360 is failing in Europe, and they sure as hell couldn't delay the JP launch.

Xbox 360 isnt failing in europe , this doesnt makes sense wii and 360 will sell big time now this holiday noone but the hardcore will be buying a ps3 in ****ing march.

Burger

It's ok, you can still get one, you'll just have to import it! Oh and pay alot more money, and then some tax.

(and then Sony will sue you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom