• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 delayed until March 07 in Europe (100k JPN/400k US @ launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

Gold Member
supermackem said:
Xbox 360 isnt failing in europe , this doesnt makes sense wii and 360 will sell big time now this holiday noone but the hardcore will be buying a ps3 in ****ing march.
17k a week isn't failing?:lol

Zen

Banned
Amir0x said:
One **** up on top of another **** up. Does Sony even realize the press they get these days? Like I said before, the entire impending collapse all rested on one decision many years ago... that was when they decided they HAD to go with Blu-Ray. Shame, too... if not for that, Sony would have still had a chance.

They still have a chance, but were it not for Blue-Ray they'd be walking into this generation LAUGHING. Maybe still worried about Japan, but laughing none the less. I mean seriously Sony.

PipBoy

Banned
kanyewest.gif

Sony doesn't care about European people.

One year delay for hardware, 9 months to translate a game, 50Hz ports with black borders and slowdown, overpriced hardware ...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
JB1981 said:
Only guy I feel bad for is GoFreak. I know had badly he's waiting for this. ;(

Importing for the bittersweet win/lose. I just hope I can get one directly. But I hoped I'd not have to go this route in another generation. I hope the hardware is as universal as it's suggested, at least from a games POV. As attractive as importing can be, I always missed picking games up casually in stores with imported systems.

Red Scarlet

Burger said:
It's ok, you can still get one, you'll just have to import it! Oh and pay alot more money, and then some tax.

(and then Sony will sue you).

Euro and Australia have to pay too much anyway. Was a price given for EU/AU?

megateto

careksims said:
Now I gotta' see how N and MS do in Europe with this delay.
I don't know what Nintendo is gonna do, but now I know I can say goodbye to any 360 price cut.

I wasn't going to buy a launch unit, but this is going to leave MS such an important headstart I can't even imagine the scenarios they are playing with now.

insert champagne bottle image + MS headquarters image.

hadareud

The Translator
Yoboman said:
let's see if it remains 18k a week after this announcement.

Also, you have no clue what period 18k a week was the average for (neither do I).

Luna104

maxmars said:
So those who were talking about a spring release were right after all.. Only, one year later. :D

By the way, it's understandable that Europe gets the shaft once again. In the US Sony is worried about MS, in Japan they are worried about Nintendo, in Europe so far they have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, because PSP isn't getting its ass handed to it by DS at all if we are to believe recent news...

6 months is a loooong time.

Amir0x

Banned
Zen said:
They still have a chance, but were it not for Blue-Ray they'd be walking into this generation LAUGHING. Maybe still worried about Japan, but laughing none the less. I mean seriously Sony.

I want to be positive, but i honestly think there has not been a solitary positive bit of PS3 news since E3. It's frightening just what type of corner Sony has backed itself into. If they manage to pull it off, and win worldwide (hell, let's say they at least sell 60,000,000) then I'll be positively shocked. Sony had a good model with PSOne and PS2, they should not have tried to rock the boat so hard

Yoboman said:

Them number where debunked idot, in the uk xbox360 is selling very well. This is going to hurt sony big time they took the piss with the psp nearly a year after the ds and it got killed by the ds. If wii hits in novmeber sony hasnt a chance.

llTll

Banned
jarosh said:
**** YOU SONY **** YOU YOU ****ING ****TARDS I HATE YOU

:lol

come to think about it. i think they annouced this before TGS so you can hate them. but then you will see the awsome games of ps3 and make you wait.

problem is, no one will hold on buying xbox 360 or Wii till ps3.

if i have 500$ right now. i would buy whatever xbox 360 or wii. and then start saving again for ps3. everyone can save a 500$ between now and march. you have more than 6 months to save this 500$.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This news is UNBELIEVABLE. Sony is literally giving Europe to MS and Nintendo. Plus when it launches in March 2007, the PS3 could be a non event: most people will have friends with x360 and Wii. Guess what they'll want.

llTll

Banned
supermackem said:
Them number where debunked idot, in the uk xbox360 is selling very well. This is going to hurt sony big time they took the piss with the psp nearly a year after the ds and it got killed by the ds. If wii hits in novmeber sony hasnt a chance.

it was debunked? mmm i didnt know about that

The thing is, I don`t even want to buy one and I`m annoyed because it perpetuates the idea that europe doesn`t matter, and that measn I hope it bites them on the ass

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Skilotonn said:
Stinkles wins as I expected as well...

As a gamer this does not please me. As a former resident of Europeland, this makes me sad and mad. Europe always gets ****ed, in spite of being

a)Huge
b)Incredibly loyal to Sony
c)Full of sausages

Edit: In before someone tries to spin this positively. I think. I better check back through the thread...

llTll said:
it was debunked? mmm i didnt know about that

Europe doesnt do hardware sales charts. I myself have seen well over 100 360s sold in one store in one city in england in less than two weeks.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
I'm not sure this is a smart move regardless of how Xbox 360 might be selling. They're also kind of screwing over retailers who have already begun advertising for PS3.

llTll

Banned
supermackem said:
Europe doesnt do hardware sales charts. I myself have seen well over 100 360s sold in one store in one city in england in less than two weeks.

then 17K number is pretty true :lol

just kidding :p

SlayrUK

Well I guess that makes the decision wether or not to get a 360 with Test Drive Ultd. easier..:)

But seriously.. it's not a big surprise is it? Nintendo have a great chance if they can launch in the next few months worldwide, to gain some serious market share.

Midas

cybamerc said:
I'm not sure this is a smart move regardless of how Xbox 360 might be selling. They're also kind of screwing over retailers who have already begun advertising for PS3.

Pretty much. The big question is when this was decided though, they opened their PS3 page yesterday? WTF.

Rhindle

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.
Ugh. Why can't you just come clean, for once?

I'm going to guess 1.5 million units for 2006, 3.5-4.0 million by March. And that's if nothing else goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom