• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Asia Launch Thread | Brack Friday Bunduru's for AsiaGAF

KOnD45T.jpg

sonyps4_sglaunch.jpg

f0a3114cb39134a58fadf5fe9c7b6b5a.jpg

50e78392f0d5795a2939bdd44d26be0e.jpg

Taiwan/Hong Kong bundurus

4CfCphB.jpg

Bolehland Bunduru

Hong Kong (12/17), Taiwan (12/18), South Korea (12/17), Singapore (12/19), Malaysia (12/20), and Thailand (?) are happy in December. Japan is cry :(

AsiaGAF PSN ID Exchange Thread

PS4 basic set
HONG KONG - HK$3,380 (US$436)
TAIWAN - NT$12,980 (US$440)
SINGAPORE - S$639 (US$498)
SOUTH KOREA - KRW $498,000 (US$490)
MALAYSIA (TRULY ASIA) - RM1,799

More pricing for bundles/accessories

REGIONAL WARRANTIES FOR SOUTH EAST ASIA: INDONESIA, SINGAPORE, THAILAND, MALAYSIA, VIETNAM AND THE PHILIPPINES

SOUTH PARK BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU

Sources:
http://www.techbang.com/posts/15501-ps4-taiwan
http://ap.ign.com/en/news/9141/playstation-4-asia-launch-date-announced

AsiaGAF, converge upon this thread with updates, PSN ID's, launch day hauls and stories, images, additional info, etc. Feel free to contribute in any way you see fit. This is my first attempt at a thread like this, so it's pretty crappy...but detailed info and images are pretty scarce, so far as I can tell.

Two more weeks for us here in Taiwan!

Lock if fail.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brack Friday Bunduru? Really?

Soulflarz

Banned
I didnt mind the title, but i know some will soo...
(The issue is youre making this thread for Asia-GAF, the group thatll mind)

Edit: a South Park joke? Oh okay

Brack Friday Bunduru? Really?

I dunno, it's my first time making a thread like this, and it's an ongoing South Park meme.

To be perfectly honest with you, I seriously second-guessed myself on it before making the (wrong) decision.

Mods are welcome to change it. I've been living in Asia for the past 7+ years, and the last thing I want is to seem racially insensitive.

Oh god, I've failed miserably right out the gate.

Mods, please change the thread title. Poor attempt rolling with that South Park humor. I don't even watch the friggin' show regularly.

Bad judgement.

-PXG-

I think it's funny. OP has balls though. Mods ( they'll have a good laugh too) and whiteknight GAF might disapprove.

I think it's funny. OP has balls though. Mods ( they'll have a good laugh too) and whiteknight GAF might disapprove.

No, my balls pretty much dropped off as I was clicking that button and seeing that thread title finalized.

I seriously second guessed it, and against my better judgement, submitted it anyways.

I regret it already. Thread was doomed the minute it opened.

Brohan

Lol at the thread title, i know it's a South Park meme but it still seems a tad bit racially insensitive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, my balls pretty much dropped off as I was clicking that button and seeing that thread title finalized.

I seriously second guessed it, and against my better judgement, submitted it anyways.

Well hey now you know, and next time you won't do it. Learning experience!

Mii

Banned
No one on GAF has been watching the South Park console wars trilogy? Granted probably not very relevant for the Asia launch.

Dinjooh

Awesome thread so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No one on GAF has been watching the South Park console wars trilogy?

Does it make it non-racially insensitive if you have? Can you just switch it off like that?

SolidChamp, thanks for adding my link to the OP. But I posted from my iPhone so it's a link to the mobile GAF site. Does it adjust back to the normal site for PCs?

Replicant

Why? I don't think it's offensive. That is how Japanese tend to spell out English words, they katakanized the words. Granted, "Burakku furaidee no bandoru" 「ブラックフライデーのバンドル」 is probably the more accurate katakanized version of it.

Although I suppose there's the implications that "All asians are the same" from the title......

Well hey now you know, and next time you won't do it. Learning experience!

Like I said, I lived in South Korea for five and a half years, and have now been living in Taiwan for the past year and a half.

I figured the South Park thing was a pretty welcome bit of humor on GAF as of late, and I used poor judgement.

I am the LAST person to be racially insensitive. I just had a derp moment, is all.

Krucks

Neo Member
I couldn't care less about the title but I do think it's pretty funny to see people dismissing casual racism because "it was on South Park!!!".

What made you think that this title was ok?

If you'd care to read through the thread, you'll note my running commentary on the matter.

I can't be bothered to answer for every person who comes in, skips the entire thread, and proceeds right to the lynching.

Thanks for taking the time to read my sincere thoughts on this.

Title isn't a big deal at all.

Anyone know where there may be pre orders available in Taiwan? I'm trying to help my friend get one at launch.

If you'd care to read through the thread, you'll note my running commentary on the matter.

I can't be bothered to answer for every person who comes in, skips the entire thread, and proceeds right to the lynching.

Thanks for taking the time to read my sincere thoughts on this.

Just ignore them. Asia GAF is on your side

-PXG-

I couldn't care less about the title but I do think it's pretty funny to see people dismissing casual racism because "it was on South Park!!!".

Would a picture of me eating a bucket of chicken and slapping a white women's ass even things out?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said, I lived in South Korea for five and a half years, and have now been living in Taiwan for the past year and a half.

I figured the South Park thing was a pretty welcome bit of humor on GAF as of late, and I used poor judgement.

I am the LAST person to be racially insensitive. I just had a derp moment, is all.

Oh I'm sure, I didn't take it like that at all, and I doubt many here. I just came in, surprised, and legit didn't watch South Park so I didn't get the reference.

I had a stats teacher in college that said "arfa" instead of "alpha"... the first class we were dealing with t-values was absolutely hilarious. Poor woman. But hey, she was more intelligent than everyone in the class combined, so she deserved to speak how she wanted.

With that said, I can't wait for Asians to get their hands on this lovely box. I'm still flabbergasted they didn't get it first.

Title isn't a big deal at all.

Anyone know where there may be pre orders available in Taiwan? I'm trying to help my friend get one at launch.

I've got my preorder at one of the many stores here in Taipei. If your friend lives in Taipei, you could PM me and I can give him some details as to where to find a massive underground network of malls which include 10-12 game shops.

It seems there are a few major chains here.

Outside of Taipei, however, I'm not entirely sure.

Also, thanks for the support guys.

It was never my intention to offend anyone, and I apologize if that's the case for some of you. I love living in Asia. Taiwan, especially, has been very amazing for my wife and I.

Top Bottom